Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Here we go again: backgammon to blame for PHX flight diverson [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Here we go again: backgammon to blame for PHX flight diverson [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2011, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by polonius
Let's not forget that this "game" is about a struggle to the finish contest between dark-coloured and light-coloured communities. I think it's pretty clear what the real objective of anyone that plays this game is, and even if not, abundance of caution® dictates that we not take chances.
I was shocked they didn't stop all truck traffic nationwide on 9/11. Would have been the responsible thing to do based on some terrorist in Pakistan who would have no motivation at all to lie to the CIA.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 2:23 pm

Old Sep 21, 2011, 2:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Eventually I fear I'll be going to jail for beating the living snot out of some obnoxious busy body who sees something and says something and I miss my connection or vacation because of it.

I swear if I was on this flight, I would have walked over and cracked my shoe over her head for this.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Eventually I fear I'll be going to jail for beating the living snot out of some obnoxious busy body who sees something and says something and I miss my connection or vacation because of it.

I swear if I was on this flight, I would have walked over and cracked my shoe over her head for this.
I promise to start the collection for your bail.

Mike
Old Sep 21, 2011, 2:14 pm

While I really hope I'm never on a flight that gets diverted, I would really like to be interviewed afterwards. They probably wouldn't use my comments though. I would let them know where to stick their abundance of caution.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by spd476
While I really hope I'm never on a flight that gets diverted, I would really like to be interviewed afterwards. They probably wouldn't use my comments though. I would let them know where to stick their abundance of caution.
In their case, it would probably fit with plenty of "room" to spare. Right along side of their heads....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.