Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Don't read books about airplanes while on an airplane.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Don't read books about airplanes while on an airplane.

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 2:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
How about a Bible written in Hebrew and Greek?
Better question, what if I unrolled a torah scroll?
Old May 31, 2014, 11:52 pm

I watched an episode of 'Mayday' on the inflight TV on Westjet once
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
Better question, what if I unrolled a torah scroll?
A member of the Tribe!

Seriously, my upcoming trip will focus on WWI and 11/11/18 memorials, ect, plus the museum in Meaux, France. Also the IWM, RAF museum, and many others. So I don't offend anyone I'll just keep al my materials in my checkin bag.

This is just getting to be a bit ridiculous.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 9:43 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by happymom2008
A member of the Tribe!

Seriously, my upcoming trip will focus on WWI and 11/11/18 memorials, ect, plus the museum in Meaux, France. Also the IWM, RAF museum, and many others. So I don't offend anyone I'll just keep al my materials in my checkin bag.

This is just getting to be a bit ridiculous.
It might seem from the TSA that the Tribe is ok as long as you are not right-of-center:
http://www.wnd.com/2014/02/woman-det...a-goes-public/
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
It might seem from the TSA that the Tribe is ok as long as you are not right-of-center:
http://www.wnd.com/2014/02/woman-det...a-goes-public/
I'm just a bit skeptical. I could well believe this happened - TSA suspicion aroused by something in a 'foreign-like script' (assuming the newspaper was in Hebrew(?)).

But when she said a woman in niqab (entire body, including face, covered - only eyes visible) passed without being required to show her face, she lost me. I simply do not believe that, especially with TSA.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:38 am

Almost the books about airplane talk about cairplane crashes, hijacker
Old Sep 22, 2014, 5:24 am

I'm a teenager as well and I've flown from London to New York not so long ago, so I've had a 8 hours of free time. I suggest putting all your favourite music on your phone/ipod/mp3/mp4, as well as putting some movies and tv shows onto your phone for watching, if you've gota psp or a nintendo ds you can put some games on it too. My personal favourite is watching tv shows and reading books for inspiration, since I'm writing a book for extra points for university. Now I can recommend some of my favourite tv shows: psych, dexter, republic of doyle, breakout kings, supernatural, the walking dead etc. As you can see, they're all crime shows. If you're interested in that sort of stuff, I highly recommend watching these shows. That's all I could think of. Hope you find some of these things useful and have a nice trip .
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: QF Gold
When a friend and I flew MH to London last year, he was reading a book about airline disasters. One of the cabin crew smiled and said "nice book to read on a plane". Ironic considering what happened to MH this year.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:10 am

There is a screen on the front chair of you which has lots of programs including news, video, guideline for airplane, ect... You do not need to read book.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travellover14
There is a screen on the front chair of you which has lots of programs including news, video, guideline for airplane, ect... You do not need to read book.
Not on every airplane.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by travellover14
Some of us prefer bks...
Old Oct 28, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Some of us prefer bks...
^ Thank you! Seriously...

Mike
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
So ridiculous lol.

Though I do remember flying either YVR-ATL or ATL-SJU and a good number of the pax were going on the same cruise...what movie did they show? SPEED 2: Cruise Control. As if that movie wasn't bad enough as it is, you then show it to like 100+ people about to board a boat for a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.