FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate-687/)
-   -   definition of adjacent areas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate/1246698-definition-adjacent-areas.html)

Islanderflier Aug 10, 2011 10:45 pm

definition of adjacent areas

I am reading the CFR related to security, does anyone know what the following is "Adjacent areas to an airport secured areas"?

I can't find the definition for it.

Thanks.

RichardKenner Aug 11, 2011 7:22 am

In general, if there's no definition of a term in the CFR's, the normal English meaning is used. So that would mean any part of the airport that is outside a secured area but touches it.

TWA884 Aug 12, 2011 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Islanderflier (Post 16900423)
I am reading the CFR related to security, does anyone know what the following is "Adjacent areas to an airport secured areas"?

Thanks.

You asked the exact same question two days ago on AirlineForums:

Originally Posted by Pacificflier

Thanks.
The reply you received there still stands.

Originally Posted by Kev3188
A public board is not the place to discuss security issues/information...

ralfp Aug 12, 2011 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 16912485)
The reply you received there still stands.

A public forum is no place to discuss the Code of Federal Regulations??? You're not serious, are you?

If it were bad to discuss the laws and regulations that we live under, why would the TSA post links the CFR on its own web site?

coyote Aug 12, 2011 3:32 pm

You asked the exact same question two days ago on AirlineForums:The reply you received there still stands.

So this is the funniest thing I've seen all day. Basically you are saying that the entire TS&S forum shouldn't exist.

MaximumSisu Aug 12, 2011 3:38 pm

(sarcasm alert)

Ignorance of the law is the best policy.

goalie Aug 12, 2011 7:25 pm

definition of adjacent areas
About the same as when a TSO used the term "when I feel resistance" when telling you how they will perform an enhance patdown :rolleyes:

You asked the exact same question two days ago on AirlineForums:

The reply you received there still stands

Originally Posted by Kev3188
A public board is not the place to discuss security issues/information...

Then this entire forum should be shut down :rolleyes: