Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DHS Proposes Secret Watchlist

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:09 am

Programs: AA PPro, QF Gold, DL Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum
This is getting more and more ridiculous. This too worries me.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Caradoc
Then we should all be on it. Those who aren't on it for disagreeing with it are Quislings at best.
DHS has already had documents released that target Conservatives, prior military, right to life and many others as suspect. Secret list such as this will likely result in government tracking these kind of groups all in violation of the principles established freedoms and rights.

The crap coming out of DHS and other segments of government is truly disturbing.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:52 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by bluenotesro
The first people to put on this list will be those who disagree with it.
Followed shortly thereafter by folks with political views that differ from those of the Administration.

Yet another list, and another way to infringe on Constitutional rights. The goal is to make people fearful & turn them into sheep. Much the way a teacher might threaten a student with "If you don't do ....., it will go on your permanent record".

Given that there are so many laws that the Congressional Research Service gave up when trying to count them, virtually every person in the country would likely have violated a law sometime (whether caught or not). Might as well add the entire country to the list.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
DHS has already had documents released that target Conservatives, prior military, right to life and many others as suspect. Secret list such as this will likely result in government tracking these kind of groups all in violation of the principles established freedoms and rights.

The crap coming out of DHS and other segments of government is truly disturbing.
Yes, it is -- and every time I think it can't get any worse, it does.

Bruce
Old Aug 11, 2011, 1:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog

During Bush, didn't they target liberals, anti-war people, pro-abortion, gay rights and others?

So with Obama's list, that pretty much put all of us on some sort of list.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:43 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
So now we'll have one list phuglied beyond belief duplicated into two lists? The logic just blows my mind but then again, this is the federal government we're talking about tho if it's anything for s'kwerity, I'm all for it as we gots ta keep dem sheeples 'n kettles safe don't ya know
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
During Bush, didn't they target liberals, anti-war people, pro-abortion, gay rights and others?

So with Obama's list, that pretty much put all of us on some sort of list.
Didn't hear about gay-rights groups, but yes, most "liberal" causes were subject to some scrutiny (and god help you if you were actually a member of a far-left party), and I'd suspect they still are. Remember, we still ask if you are or were a member of the communist party here :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.