Top Ten TSA Outrages

Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Top Ten TSA Outrages

The National Review has listed their top ten list of TSA retraining opportunities. See if you agree with them:
http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...e-cooke?page=1

They don't have Tom Sawyer on the list. I think he should be there but I don't know who I would bump down to number eleven.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:41 pm

Well ... if you wanted to add Tom Sawyer, you could combine/eliminate some of the "attractive woman pre-selected for pat-down" stories ... seemed like there were several instances of the same story. (Not that any of them are any less worthy of mention, of course.)
Old Aug 9, 2011, 5:43 pm

Way Past 10 Outrages By Now

I think we are way past only 10 top outrages. There are so many that I'm sure we are past 100. Anyone want to list them?
Old Aug 9, 2011, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Stacey Armato comes to mind.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 6:32 pm

Innocent 6-year-old girl violated on camera at New Orleans airport.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 6:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Tom Sawyer's important because it is one of the rare times when TSA actually admitted fault. (No specifics, but Pistole did apologize for something).

(Of course, the closest TSA gets to an apology is usually "We did everything right, but we might look into doing it 'righter' next time").

If someone wants to compile a 'Ten Worst' list, I think it's important to focus on instances where the TSA has been caught so red-handed that it was virtually impossible not to admit something could have been handled better by their people.

Otherwise, folks get distracted arguing about what a video really shows or whether or not a pax was looking for trouble/publicity or how reliable a source is.

With folks like Bierfeldt and Tom Sawyer and even the woman who was held up because they thought she was cleaning out the bank accounts and leaving her husband - with instances like these, it's harder to put blame on pax.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

So, using your criteria, I nominate the Hawaiian TSA baggage screeners.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA
I'm outraged that they even exist.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by mules
So, using your criteria, I nominate the Hawaiian TSA baggage screeners.
Yes, I think that's a great one. TSA is clearly on the hook for that one, absolutely no way to blame it on pax. I think that one is also very significant, because all too often TSA apologists pretend that there are rare isolated incidents involving solo 'rogue' TSOs that were so clever, co-workers never caught on. This incident was outrageous because so many TSOs (and management) were complicit.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Georgia Peach
I'm outraged that they even exist.
+1
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:10 pm

True. That is number 1.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:04 pm

Programs: DL 2.945MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond,
How about multiple daily violations of the constitution? Or lies, lies and yet more lies?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.