Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Has TSA started taking comments on the nude-o-scopes,as ordered by Fed Appeals Court?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has TSA started taking comments on the nude-o-scopes,as ordered by Fed Appeals Court?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags

In his July 15 FT post, bdschobel let us know that the TSA was ordered to take public comment on the nude-o-scopes. Bdschobel linked to this Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC.org) page: Federal Appeals Court: TSA Violated Federal Law, Must Take Public Comment on Body Scanners

Does anyone know if this public comment period has begun? If it has, can you share information on how to submit comments?

I've been searching for information about this comment period and haven't yet found any information about it in the Congressional Record, where I assume it would be mentioned.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 1:08 am

Straight from your hand to the shredder. Don't hold your breath, my friend. They think they're above the law.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 2:12 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
The order is not final until the period in which to file an appeal runs. I'd have to look it up to be certain, but I think it is practically 60-days from the date the order was entered. TSA is not required to comply during that period.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 2:48 am

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by bluenotesro
Straight from your hand to the shredder. Don't hold your breath, my friend. They think they're above the law.
Think? Irrespective of this case, they've got pretty good evidence that they are above the law. (see below and the thread about crime soaring at JFK.)

Experience tells me that if a TSA policy is under under legal threat, it will be rescued by the other two branches of the Fed. Gov. If not, the policy in question will somehow become "outdated", "obsolete", or the result of an over-zealous actor) and the TSActor will be sent back for rehearsals.

How can we talk about TSA rules and procures anyways? They're all largely SSI (somehow an abbreviation for "You're not allowed to know them," "We post fake rules on our web site so that your printout five minutes ago is not valid," or "You just voluntarily subjected yourself to a deep scan probe of your posterior; once we prove your innocence you'll be 'free' to go."

I'd love to have a TSA employee tell me that the majority of regulations/rules regarding interaction with pax are SSI, thereby revealing important metadata about the secret laws to which pax are subject.

Last edited by ralfp; Aug 9, 2011 at 6:40 am Reason: Even rants should have properly spelled words

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.