Wiki Posts
Search

TSA says knives "not a threat"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Millions of illegal and undocumented immirgrants have jobs all across the country.
Including in nuclear power plants.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
If they can get jobs then why couldn't a sleeper agent be inserted somewhere and activated when needed?
Because there's not a shred of evidence that terrorist groups, unlike national intelligence groups, have the capability to have "sleeper agents".

But the issue isn't whether it's possible or not, but how likely it is. The "it might be possible" route is the one that leads to cavity searches.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by RichardKenner
Because there's not a shred of evidence that terrorist groups, unlike national intelligence groups, have the capability to have "sleeper agents".

But the issue isn't whether it's possible or not, but how likely it is. The "it might be possible" route is the one that leads to cavity searches.
The "it might be possible" actually has gotten us to where we are now, no matter how unlikely.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:02 pm

Nor is there a shred of evidence that anybody in the U.S. is planning to blow themselves up, on a plane or otherwise.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
I have already prepared a mental list of all of the "legal" items in my carryon that could be used with greater effect as weapons than my little 2" swiss army pocket knife, should a TSA officer ever ask. Frankly, I think the smart ones and ex-military would probably agree with me, even as they enforced a rule they know to be silly.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But that is exactly what TSA bases its procedures on, that which might be possible on the 6th Sunday of each month.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 2:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seaduck79
Frankly, I think the smart ones and ex-military would probably agree with me, even as they enforced a rule they know to be silly.
Who is sillier? The silly idiot who makes up the silly rules, or the silly idiot who enforces the silly rules?
Old Jul 18, 2011, 2:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
People have to bow to "silly" to feed their families every day, and they don't all work for the government. It only seems that way.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 2:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seaduck79
People have to bow to "silly" to feed their families every day, and they don't all work for the government.
Most of those bowing to "silly" aren't actively denying other people's rights in the process, in the name of making them feel safer - not actually making them safer.

I'm quite sure that the federal employees at Manzanar, Rohwer, and Tule Lake were all just feeding their families, too - it doesn't make what they did any more palatable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.