Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

More TSOs banning filming, and a passenger written up for using names of body parts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More TSOs banning filming, and a passenger written up for using names of body parts

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tom M.
I think it is simply that the TSA management doesn't believe passenger rights are important, thus the lack of accountability in this area.

TSA's culture is "keeping Americans Safe" trumps "American's rights".
You are only half way there.

TSA doesn't think people who travel have rights.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog

Strike out "who travel" and you'll be closer.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:22 am

So "we" cant say the name of the body parts because it is offensive to people?!

But it perfectly ok to have them groped and touched by a stranger. Even doing it to kids?!

Strange. Is this a way for TSA to protect them selves thAt they actually are touching people's private parts?

And being a foreigner , what do you call female private parts? I only know the slang word for it.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tanja
And being a foreigner , what do you call female private parts? I only know the slang word for it.
Try a Google search for "female anatomy diagram" and you'll find what you're looking for.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog

Originally Posted by Caradoc
Strike out "who travel" and you'll be closer.
But closest of all is to strike out "people who travel have rights"

Mike
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:55 am

Programs: *wood Gold
Hey all,

Here's an idea... The next time someone is undergoing a groping, why not just start shouting out the body part being touched by the TSO?

This would seem to be a perfectly reasonable, allowable use of First Amendment rights. No swearing, no "offensive" language, no "interference" with any screening process. Just plain old observation and reporting.

I can see it now...

"Arms!"
"Hands!"
"Middle finger sticking up!"
"Chest!"
"B00bies!" (optional, of course)
"Legs!"
"P3n!s!" (optional, of course)
"Vag1na!" (optional, of course)
"Feet!"
"Hair!"

And if they stay in a part a bit too long, shout it again - only louder. I can just imagine the reaction to someone shouting "Pen1s! Pen1s! PEN1S!" at the checkpoint - it would be priceless.

I'd also love to see it captured on film.

The way to point out the silliness and ineffectiveness of the whole process is to simply shout out loud what each agent is doing to you at the time.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: AA 1MM
New children's song lyric about the airport:

"Hair, penis, knees and scrote, knees and scrote; hair, penis knees and scrote, knees and scrote"
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by Markie
It's Baltimore, and I thought no pictures/video there.
I checked recently; I sent an email to BWI and asked. This is the reply I received:

Mr. WillCAD,

Photography at the security checkpoints is allowed. There was a policy put into effect just after 9/11 which did not allow photography in the security checkpoints. That policy has been changed. I wasn't involved and so don't know who asked for the policy but thankfully it is no longer in effect.

Thanks again for contacting BWI Marshall.

Lynda Warehime
Manager Passenger Sales
BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport
So, A) BWI doesn't prohibit photography, and B) we know that TSA doesn't prohibit photography.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:06 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by JumboD
New children's song lyric about the airport...
You beat me to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFuZ6LPDYQc
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP-6MM; Starwood Lifetime Platinum
If the TSA was so concerned about using the appropriate term for a male's private parts around children, what are we to do, say "don't touch my pee-pee"?

C'mon... this is absolutely ridiculous!
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by celticwhisper
I'd like to see what happens if a TSO tells someone to stop recording and that person shouts "They're molesting my kid and trying to cover it up, record them!" What would they do if 50 cell phones went up at the same time and everyone started recording? No way they could stop them all, especially if people were using Ustream or Qik to upload the recordings live.
In the spirit of "National Opt-out Day", we need a national "Film & Photograph Airport Checkpoints Day". Everyone just takes two minutes of video after clearing the checkpoint. Two less minutes sitting at the gate, no harm done.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by JumboD
New children's song lyric about the airport:
I’ll see London,
I’ll see France,
After TSA sees and
Feels my underpants.

The agency who brings us "See something, Say something" now brings us "We touch something, You don't say what it is."
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:43 pm

I have a question for more frequent flyers than me. They supervisor said that he would make sure that you don't get on your flight. Does the TSA have the right to exclude someone from a particular flight for any reason? I would assume that if they make this statement it's true but how do they justify it?

I am going from Columbus to Houston next week, traveling with a firearm, and don't want to be hassled.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 1:52 pm

I thought that a TSO screener had to explain in detail what they are going to do and touch.
So what is so wrong with repeating it back to them, you are going to touch my....

Something is very wrong here.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tanja
I thought that a TSO screener had to explain in detail what they are going to do and touch.
So what is so wrong with repeating it back to them, you are going to touch my....
Don't you remember? The TSO touches until he meets your "resistance".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.