The TSA is not a child custody checkpoint

Old Jul 9, 2011, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

The TSA is not a child custody checkpoint

Someone I know helped a friend go to the airport today. They were traveling with an infant (in arms) for domestic US travel and worried since her passport name didn't match the name she was ticketed with. So unnecessarily, they had to wait in a slow line with the airline to resolve the problem. The resolution was to not change the ticket, since IDs are not checked for children anyway.

This resolution caused the person I know to get very concerned that anyone could take a child and fly somewhere with them.

When I told that person "well where does it end? Should the state police setup checkpoints at each border of roads for car traffic, to verify children are not abducted" that quieted them down a bit.

Sheesh...

Last edited by PHLflying; Jul 9, 2011 at 3:02 pm Reason: clarify
Old Jul 9, 2011, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by PHLflying
This resolution caused the person I know to get very concerned that anyone could take a child and fly somewhere with them.
Well, borrowing from recent threads where TDCs ask pax to say or spell their names, thinking of the children with an abundance of caution:

TDC: Say your name if you want to fly today.
One Month Old Baby: (silence)
TDC: No problem for me, I'm on the Federal payroll. I'm prepared to wait here with you till you can talk and tell me your name.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by PHLflying

When I told that person "well where does it end? Should the state police setup checkpoints at each border of roads for car traffic, to verify children are not abducted" that quieted them down a bit.

Sheesh...
And what about all of those unmonitored county lines?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.