Wiki Posts
Search

Security breach at DEN 5/5 afternoon?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2011, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAPLT, RR Alist
Security breach at DEN 5/5 afternoon?

A friend of mine posted on FB about 15 min ago that they are being held in a plane (departing, I believe) due to a security issue. Anyone know what's up? So much for the 'island of sanity' alluded to in a different post.
Old May 5, 2011, 4:19 pm

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_18001832
Old May 5, 2011, 5:12 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Morons.

And what is a 'power bump' anyway. A surge?
Old May 5, 2011, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
The power problem happened at about 2:30 p.m., and when officials realized some passengers had not been properly screened they shut down security and trains for about 20 minutes until those passengers could be found and returned to the gate, according to DIA.
Any bets on how long it took the clerks to notice that pax weren't being screened, after the "power bump" occurred?
Old May 5, 2011, 5:15 pm

> And what is a 'power bump' anyway. A surge?

Typically, a "bump" is used to described a momentary outage.

> Morons.

Maroons too!
Old May 5, 2011, 5:34 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
How could they not know if people are being screened? Surely the monitors at each screening point would go blank, right? Definately doesn't instill much confidence in the TSA, does it? Looking forward to the response from Eyecue on this "power bump".
Old May 5, 2011, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by HawaiiTrvlr
How could they not know if people are being screened? Surely the monitors at each screening point would go blank, right? Definately doesn't instill much confidence in the TSA, does it? Looking forward to the response from Eyecue on this "power bump".
That was my question, too. How do you know which people have or have not been screened? (And even if you had the cameras operating, I think it would take a lot more time than this situation lasted to go through the tapes, identify the who-knows-how-many people, and then hunt them down in a crowded airport terminal.)
Old May 5, 2011, 5:40 pm

I had a layover at DEN on 5/4 and had to hand my drivers license and boarding pass to TSA agents who were gate checking every passenger. I held up my DL in front of my boarding pass, instead of handing it over, and the agent asked if I had a problem. I told her that I had already given this same information to agents when I arrived at the airport so their presence at the gate checking the exact same data meant the TSAs screening was insufficient or was simply another way for the TSA to bully us.
Old May 5, 2011, 6:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Any bets on how long it took the clerks to notice that pax weren't being screened, after the "power bump" occurred?
I'd bet the clerks didn't notice, and someone else had to tell them.
Old May 5, 2011, 6:45 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Did someone trip over the extension cord going to the cancer box?
Old May 5, 2011, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by TheGolfWidow
What is going on now? TSA is not supposed to have a evacuated from the entire concourse. Let it go already! I can't stand it! This should have to trusted them and not try to get another security breach. I thought they didn't have a learns some lessons?

Good riddance to TSA!!!
Old May 5, 2011, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by AUS2008
A friend of mine posted on FB about 15 min ago that they are being held in a plane (departing, I believe) due to a security issue. Anyone know what's up? So much for the 'island of sanity' alluded to in a different post.
Man, I'm really glad I left early today. Flew out of Denver this afternoon and went through security around 11:30 AM. There was no line at all, was through in less than five minutes. Thankfully I picked that earlier flight. I'm just glad they didn't evac every terminal. I would have simply gone back to the hotel and change my flight to tomorrow.
Old May 5, 2011, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
My God. Think how much water got through.
Old May 6, 2011, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Pesky Monkey
My God. Think how much water got through.
Yeah, wasting their times! Why they can't allowed it to brings the water through at TSA checkpoints again?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.