Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Criminal activity allegations and charges against TSA employees [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Criminal activity allegations and charges against TSA employees [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2011, 6:40 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
This little nugget on The Aviation Herald today:

http://avherald.com/h?article=43ce17fb&opt=0
And a nice discussion on said nugget over here
Old May 23, 2011, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by Bart
I don't know, perhaps it's my 20+ year military career, but I always know where my weapons are and whether or not they're loaded.
Well, it's *always* loaded. (Or you're supposed to act as if it is.)

Are TSO without the relevant experience trained how to clear a firearm?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Post Feds indict former TSA worker on theft charge

Feds indict former TSA worker on theft charge

By Bianca Prieto, Orlando Sentinel
June 2, 2011

A former Transportation Security Administration worker accused of stealing laptops from checked luggage at Orlando International Airport is now facing a federal theft charge.

Elliot Iglesias, 30, was indicted Wednesday on a charge of theft from interstate shipment, according to records from the Middle District of Florida. He will go before a federal judge this afternoon.

Another Isolated Incident™ Bonus points for the mugshot including policeman's costume badge.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 7:51 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N965VJ

Another Isolated Incident™ Bonus points for the mugshot including policeman's costume badge.
Why couldn't they do a perp walk?

Iglesias was fired from his job as a transportation security officer on March 17. He had worked at TSA since September 2002.
And I'm sure that's the first time he stole from passengers . . .
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:00 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
"TSA holds its security officers to the highest professional and ethical standards and has a zero-tolerance policy for theft in the workplace," spokesman Jon Allen said in an emailed statement. "Allegations of misconduct are aggressively investigated and swift action is taken to end the federal careers of offenders. The actions of a few individuals in no way reflect on the outstanding job our more than 45,000 security officers do every day to ensure the security of the traveling public."
Where have I heard this before?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:03 pm

Wait. I thought we all are safer because of him, and other individuals like him, who feel up old men and little boys. Aren't TSA employees above reproach as far as security risks go? They've had background checks and everything, some even have minimal security clearances. Are the background checks done on TSA employees less or more invasive and detailed than that suggested by Heir Pistole?
Old Jun 3, 2011, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by jtodd
Wait. I thought we all are safer because of him, and other individuals like him, who feel up old men and little boys. Aren't TSA employees above reproach as far as security risks go? They've had background checks and everything, some even have minimal security clearances. Are the background checks done on TSA employees less or more invasive and detailed than that suggested by Heir Pistole?
They failed to requiring to screening the background checks. This is getting so ridiculous! I can't stand it with the guys who accused to stealing the laptop out of checked bags. Didn't they ever installed the security surveillance camera at bags room? They are not responsible for the behaviors at airport. He did not follow the capable rules at works. TSA could get disciplinary action against him. He won't be accepted work for federal government anymore. He could go to jails for a long time.

Good Riddance to TSA at MCO.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TSO charged with molestation

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...th_molest.html

Assistant District Attorney Andrew Tarkowski said Blom is accused of molesting two girls from 1997 through 2006.....Blom has been employed in airport security by the Transportation Security Administration for the past eight years
Old Jun 3, 2011, 10:56 am

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
This just makes me sick. Our government hires a child molester and then authorizes him to molest children and adults at an airport, all in the name of so called security.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
TSA officer at Orlando airport accused of stealing laptops from luggage

Yet another bad apple! They just keep coming.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...m-luggage.html

The usual TSA spokeperson's comments at the end of the article:

TSA holds its security officers to the highest professional and ethical standards and has a zero-tolerance policy for theft in the workplace.
What a joke!
Old Jun 3, 2011, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If TSA would just add a line to its weekly stats: Number of TSA employees arrested-
we wouldn't need this thread.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Tom M.
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...th_molest.html

Assistant District Attorney Andrew Tarkowski said Blom is accused of molesting two girls from 1997 through 2006.....Blom has been employed in airport security by the Transportation Security Administration for the past eight years
If this is what "the highest professional and ethical standards" looks like...
Old Jun 3, 2011, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by OrlandoFlyer
Yet another bad apple! They just keep coming.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...m-luggage.html

The usual TSA spokeperson's comments at the end of the article:

What a joke!
What I find the most shocking is that another TSA turned him into a supervisor and they actually did something about it. I guess there are 2 decent TSA employees in MCO ..... or they turned him in to stop splitting the the proceeds 3 ways.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Two completely different threads have been merged and the discussion is getting mixed up.

We have the accused Orlando thief and the accused Syracuse child molester both represented in this thread.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 9:42 am

I think it's time to figure out a way to rig a camera, so that when your luggage is opened it immediately starts filming and streams the images to a secure website... Time, location, sound, images, the whole works as well as a GPS locator in the device to locate where it is at all times.

You could even place a sticker on the bag, "be advised, this bag visually records all openings, legal or otherwise"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.