Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]

Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]

Old Apr 28, 2016, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by hoth300
Have precheck. Got the "random" beep at the metal detector at SFO T1 this week. Told to go through the nude-o-scope. I told them I chose not to fly that day. They returned my carryons, I walked over to T2, used the precheck line there, then walked back airside to T1 (so glad they built that connector). Real foolproof system they've got.
But haven't we heard that you can't just get up and leave, you have to finish screening once it has begun?

Good job!
Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by petaluma1
But haven't we heard that you can't just get up and leave, you have to finish screening once it has begun?

Good job!
They seemed more interested in not dealing with me than with following their protocol
Old May 3, 2016, 12:23 am

Flew through LAX, which is notorious for rude agents. Opted out. Took 20 minutes of the first screener calling for a pat-down before an agent accidentally made eye contact and then had to come over. I told the agent that there was a young man who had been waiting 10 minutes longer than I had. "What's he look like?" Young, black, professional with dreds. "Is he cute?" Yes. Lickity-split the older gentleman practically ran over to help him. <deleted by moderator> My pat down was uneventful except that 100 yards past the checkpoint I realized that I was one bag short. Of course, it was the bag full of coins I was taking to my dad. The agent said that he had to go through it because he couldn't see past the metal. Probably true; nothing was missing, but I doubt I would've gotten it back if I had not realized it was gone.

TSA gropers are the only public employees that are hated more than IRS agents. <redacted by moderator>

Last edited by TWA884; May 3, 2016 at 8:57 am Reason: Inflammatory comment and gross generalization ("Please Read: Important Information" sticky thread)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.