Go Back   > > >

Old Oct 13, 12, 7:23 pm   #3091

Programs: AA, Marriott
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs View Post
...with each pair of lines for a bag scanner feeding to a MMW...
Has Logan already swapped out the backscatters for MMWs? I knew they were planning on it, but I didn't know the timeline.
Majuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 12, 8:58 pm   #3092
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majuki View Post
Has Logan already swapped out the backscatters for MMWs? I knew they were planning on it, but I didn't know the timeline.
I've heard of several airports doing this. Clever ploy to get the sheeple to accept the naked scanners. No radiation here, sir- come on in!
Savvy Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 12, 12:39 am   #3093
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG | ExUA 1K | TK Elite | Milepoint Gold | Greyhound RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneysider View Post
I've heard of several airports doing this. Clever ploy to get the sheeple to accept the naked scanners. No radiation here, sir- come on in!
I'm not sure why my rotator cuff injury keeps coming back to haunt me every time I fly. I also cant explain why it feels so much better when i'm at a pre-check airport. That should save my health insurance company a few dollars.
CDKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 12, 12:44 am   #3094

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneysider View Post
Yep, by my count the following airports have at least started the process of swapping MMW for BKSX:

LIH, LGA, BOS, ORD, MCO, LAX, JFK
skidv25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 12, 7:26 am   #3095

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidv25 View Post
Yep, by my count the following airports have at least started the process of swapping MMW for BKSX:

LIH, LGA, BOS, ORD, MCO, LAX, JFK
With the removed BKSX destined for smaller, currently NOS-less airports near you...
nachtnebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 12, 8:28 am   #3096

Programs: Spoiled by Skywards
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDKing View Post
I'm not sure why my rotator cuff injury keeps coming back to haunt me every time I fly. I also cant explain why it feels so much better when i'm at a pre-check airport. That should save my health insurance company a few dollars.
You notice the more people suffering from shoulder injuries on this forum has resulted in less NoS Opt Out tales?
Ysitincoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 12, 9:12 am   #3097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach View Post
You notice the more people suffering from shoulder injuries on this forum has resulted in less NoS Opt Out tales?
I know I personally will never suffer from a phantom shoulder injury. First of all, I believe in karma and would not lie about that stuff to anyone, even a TSA clerk. Secondly, I want to make them work, and thrid, I want public awareness as to how safe the scanners are and how silly security theater really is. My stories will continue popping up in this thread, that's for sure!
jco613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 12, 5:34 pm   #3098
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco613 View Post
Secondly, I want to make them work
Believe me, when they don't follow the rules about medical opt-outs, they are made to work much harder than any grope down.
tkey75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 12, 1:33 pm   #3099
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs View Post
The patdown was fairly quick. Not the most thorough I've had, but not the quickest either. After he swabbed his gloves again, his mood instantly changed and said with a pretty relaxed tone that "you're good to go". I was really surprised, to say the least, given how upset he had been when I asked him to swab his gloves originally.
Impressive. You're lucky that you made it through without the karate chop.

Mike
mikeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 12, 2:54 pm   #3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkey75 View Post
Believe me, when they don't follow the rules about medical opt-outs, they are made to work much harder than any grope down.
Care to elaborate?
barbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 12, 3:23 pm   #3101

Programs: I still call it Onepass every now and then. Platinum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbell View Post
Care to elaborate?
I think he's saying that if they dither or make stuff up, or otherwise not follow the proper protocol, he raises a stink about it and "makes them work" in response.
cottonmather0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 12, 3:42 pm   #3102

Talking Some good news

I heard some good news today...I don't know if this is a trend or not but a good friend of mine flew out of JAX today. This individual said that while at the checkpoint, more people were opting out than were agreeing to go through the NOS. Is anyone else seeing an increase in opt outs?
rmbr4thamnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 12, 6:30 pm   #3103
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG | ExUA 1K | TK Elite | Milepoint Gold | Greyhound RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbr4thamnd View Post
I heard some good news today...I don't know if this is a trend or not but a good friend of mine flew out of JAX today. This individual said that while at the checkpoint, more people were opting out than were agreeing to go through the NOS. Is anyone else seeing an increase in opt outs?
I'm used to be the only opt-out but i have been hearing "Male Assist" and "Female Assist" more often
CDKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 12, 9:02 pm   #3104
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, G.E./NEXUS, Amex, UA 1K/RCC, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Quote:
Not my experience, unfortunately. Watched about fifty sheeple go through the NoS last weekend at SFO. Not a single opt-out
FriendlySkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 12, 10:53 am   #3105
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLAT, HH Diamond, National Emerald Club Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Quote:
I'm almost always the only one to opt out of the NoS in my travels. Most people are sheep and go on thru.
Superguy is offline   Reply With Quote