Chase Sapphire Credit Card

Old Jul 10, 2009, 5:54 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by whynotgo
...unable to find specific information on the partners and transferability...

The press release linked in message #53 states...

For select cardmembers, Ultimate Rewards provides the ability to transfer points at full value into the rewards programs of Continental Airlines, British Airways, Marriott International, and InterContinental Hotels Group (1 Ultimate Rewards point = 1 travel rewards point).

I certainly would not expect transfers to any airline for which Chase is not the USA affinity card issuer.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 6:06 am

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
The press release linked in message #53 states...

For select cardmembers, Ultimate Rewards provides the ability to transfer points at full value into the rewards programs of Continental Airlines, British Airways, Marriott International, and InterContinental Hotels Group (1 Ultimate Rewards point = 1 travel rewards point).

I certainly would not expect transfers to any airline for which Chase is not the USA affinity card issuer.
Mia,

You are a savvy FT'er. What is your opinion of the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card?

I applied for the card yesterday. My take, 25,000 CO or UA miles for no first year cost, no brainer. I did not get an instant approval (I have multiple other Chase cards).
Old Jul 10, 2009, 7:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
My take, 25,000 CO or UA miles for no first year cost, no brainer.
Agreed, with two caveats:

First, it would be useful to know if Chase is implementing an excise tax recovery fee on transfers to airline programs (similar to the fee in American Express Membership Rewards and Diners Club Rewards). It's probably still worthwhile, even if there is a modest fee.

Second, I am inclined to wait because I still have a Chase Freedom Plus card which earns 2.5 miles in six categories. This card is no longer offered and I assume Chase will eventually migrate (downgrade) this account to Ultimate Rewards. I don't want to give them an opportunity to prematurely "replace" the Chase Freedom Plus with Sapphire, but I might apply for it in my wife's name.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 4:25 pm

It looks like the enrollment bonus for the preferred version now dropped from 25K to 15K. I guess I shouldn't have waited.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTT103
It looks like the enrollment bonus for the preferred version now dropped from 25K to 15K. I guess I shouldn't have waited.
Yep. it s 15k now. Not worth to apply. However, I still have a 25k offer to convert my old chase card to Chase Sapphire. I guess I have to hurry up and convert it.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 5:41 pm

Question: I applied on Thursday with the 25,000 mile offer but the application approval status is still "under review". Will I get 25,000 or 15,000, I think I should get 25,000. I kept pdf's of the offer and application pages.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Question: I applied on Thursday with the 25,000 mile offer but the application approval status is still "under review". Will I get 25,000 or 15,000, I think I should get 25,000. I kept pdf's of the offer and application pages.
You should be fine. Just keep a copy of your application with 25k offer details.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 9:30 am
nsr

According to FW the phone application was still for the 25K offer, but it seems that they are going to change it soon.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by nsr
According to FW the phone application was still for the 25K offer, but it seems that they are going to change it soon.
Thanks for the information. I just called and applied over the phone (25K and no fee for the first year).
Old Jul 13, 2009, 4:38 pm

Thanks for the information. I just called and applied over the phone (25K and no fee for the first year).
Did you get an immediate approval? If not, please explain.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 6:55 pm

Did you get an immediate approval? If not, please explain.
I asked the representative before I ever applied if they could provide me with an instant approval, and the rep. said they do not give instant approvals. I should receive a letter within a week and the card a few days later (assuming I'm approved).

The rep. did say something interesting: If a person is found to apply only for bonus promotions, Chase may not approve them.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 7:56 pm
hs1

The rep. did say something interesting: If a person is found to apply only for bonus promotions, Chase may not approve them.
LOL, then they really need to come up with a better system to detect these people.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 8:11 pm
nsr

It's actually part of the fine print of the application online.

"Chase cardmembers currently receiving promotional pricing, or Chase cardmembers with a history of only using their current or prior Chase card for promotional pricing offers, are not eligible for a second Chase credit card with promotional pricing"

you can replace cardmembers with FTs
Old Jul 16, 2009, 7:28 am

Rewards

Can anyone with this card provide me with information regarding airport lounge access, companion tickets, and emergency medical evaction? Much appreciated.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 7:54 am

How long did a "non immediate" decision take?

If you do not get an immediate decision, how long did it take you to get a decision?

I applied on 7/9/09 and still do not have a decision (per Chase automated line at 800-432-3117, press #, press 1, enter your SSN)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.