FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   United Mileage Plus Visa: 21,000 miles + Bose QC2 Headphones Sign-up Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/818265-united-mileage-plus-visa-21-000-miles-bose-qc2-headphones-sign-up-bonus.html)

PDX Duck Apr 28, 2008 10:01 pm

United Mileage Plus Visa: 21,000 miles + Bose QC2 Headphones Sign-up Bonus

Last week we received an offer for a United Mileage Plus Visa, with a sign-up bonus that included 21,000 miles and a pair of Bose QC 2 headphones, after the first purchase with the card. The annual fee of $60 does apply; but, for a $299 pair of headphones, it seems like a small price.

The problem? The offer was addressed to my 8 year-old! They have sent him several offers for their Visa, but this is the best one yet...

gleff Apr 29, 2008 4:45 am

Assume paper, not email, no link available?

ashcroftj1 Apr 29, 2008 1:34 pm

i think that this is just the offer i was waiting for! a cookie for the link. ;)

abelman Apr 29, 2008 7:51 pm

I just received an offer in the mail for the Mileage Plus Visa Card (with a unique looking invitation number and offer code):

50,000 bonus miles after your first purchase
one $25 Travel Certificate
one one-way 1,000 miles one-class upgrade certificate
$60 annual fee

I get United offers in the mail all the time, but I don't think I've ever seen a card offer with this many bonus miles.

The only problem is that I had one of these cards a couple of years ago, and the fine print says that the "offer is valid only for first-time United Mileage Plus Visa cardmembers with new accounts".

Does anyone have any experience of applying for these bonus offers when you previously had a card/account? Do they really check whether you've been a cardholder and deny you the promotion?

itsme Apr 29, 2008 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by abelman (Post 9653686)
I just received an offer in the mail for the Mileage Plus Visa Card (with a unique looking invitation number and offer code):

50,000 bonus miles after your first purchase
one $25 Travel Certificate
one one-way 1,000 miles one-class upgrade certificate
$60 annual fee

I get United offers in the mail all the time, but I don't think I've ever seen a card offer with this many bonus miles.

The only problem is that I had one of these cards a couple of years ago, and the fine print says that the "offer is valid only for first-time United Mileage Plus Visa cardmembers with new accounts".

Does anyone have any experience of applying for these bonus offers when you previously had a card/account? Do they really check whether you've been a cardholder and deny you the promotion?

My 24-year-old received one of these and I have been urging her to act upon it before 5/4, when it expires. I have never seen an offer of 50K before. And I'd rather have 50K than 21K + Bose headphones.

philemer Apr 29, 2008 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by abelman (Post 9653686)
Do they really check whether you've been a cardholder and deny you the promotion?

YES!

abelman Apr 30, 2008 9:00 am

Has anyone been approved for this card and then denied the bonus miles? I haven't had the Mileage Plus card in a few years

apw Apr 30, 2008 10:30 pm

Does anyone care to share the 50,000 miles promotion code if you're not using it please? Thanks!

abelman Apr 30, 2008 11:39 pm

Unfortunately, the codes that they send out are non-transferable, since they're linked to the name of the recipient that it is sent to.

halothane May 1, 2008 12:41 am

*crosses fingers* I hope I get the 50K offer in the mail. I've been holding out for a while now on applying for the MP Visa. This is just what I was looking for!

Halothane

PDX Duck May 1, 2008 8:02 am

Originally Posted by gleff (Post 9649176)
Assume paper, not email, no link available?

Sorry about the delay getting a response out. Yes, it was a paper offer received in the mail.

abelman May 1, 2008 7:29 pm

Has anyone here ever actually been denied the bonus miles because you had a Mileage Plus Visa some time in the past?

abelman May 1, 2008 7:34 pm

Has anyone here ever actually been denied the bonus miles because you had a Mileage Plus Visa some time in the past?

ckpeter May 1, 2008 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by abelman (Post 9664503)

As already posted above and posted elsewhere in the forum, Chase will deny you the bonus, if you had signed up for promotion in the past.

yevlesh2 May 1, 2008 9:14 pm

Are we talking about a certain number of month in the past, or ever?

Originally Posted by ckpeter (Post 9664649)
As already posted above and posted elsewhere in the forum, Chase will deny you the bonus, if you had signed up for promotion in the past.