Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for both Chase Sapphire Preferred and Reserve? (MDD)

Old May 24, 2023, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone owned both at the same time before? I've seen some threads online about ways to apply for both, not sure what the likelihoods of approvals are or what the process is like.
Old May 25, 2023, 2:42 am

I find it weird that you're asking this right now, because ironically, Ethan Hardy on youtube just posted a video regarding this exact not-so-popular subject. Here you go:

richard_dong likes this.
Old May 25, 2023, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JusRelax
I find it weird that you're asking this right now, because ironically, Ethan Hardy on youtube just posted a video regarding this exact not-so-popular subject. Here you go:

link.
Well, thats convenient. Thanks!
JusRelax likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 10:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by JusRelax

link.
Why do I not see the link or video?
Old May 27, 2023, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Click on zee little white arrow.....
Old May 28, 2023, 6:58 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
The link is in the post that you Quoted. If you do not see it, your browser settings may need to be adjusted.
Old May 28, 2023, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler

What do you see if you try to quote the post with the video?
Old May 28, 2023, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
The silence here (about MDD), on this thread and historically, is deafening. With the amount of attention even the most aggressive and/or questionable techniques receive here at FT, it speaks volumes that MDD receives very little attention.

The MDD is considered by some, including otherwise highly aggressive CC/SUB collectors, overly risky. As the narrator of the video stated “I really like being a Chase customer” and “the juice isn’t worth the squeeze”.

For me, the risk benefit analysis isn’t favorable. Chase is arguably the #1 or #2 cash (points and miles) cow in this game, Chase has been bery bery* good to me, I try to remain in Chase’s good graces.

(* Chico Escuela circa 1970 and 80's. Almost as memorable as shortly after 3:20 of this video, keep watching for the hysterically funny fake commercial at the end.)

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; May 28, 2023 at 3:31 pm Reason: getting links to work
Old May 31, 2023, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by mia
The link is in the post that you Quoted. If you do not see it, your browser settings may need to be adjusted.
Funny, I can see the link in the post quote, but not in the post.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 8:56 am

posting again:

I double dipped and got both CSP and CSR on last day of increased CSP bonus. Now I have question about how people use conbination of PC and hotel/travel credits of these two cards in next year to off-set fees?
Old Jun 28, 2023, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
>imagine being a shilltuber hawking credit cards for a living

I didn't think you could get lower than a credit card shill blogger, but you see something new everyday

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.