How/If to Proceed for Bonus Offers

Old Mar 22, 2023, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
How/If to Proceed for Bonus Offers

Hi everyone--

Seeking advice from more experienced folks out there. Currently, I have a CSR, am an authorized user on FU and basic Freedom card, as well as having a Amex Plat and Amex Delta card. I travel internationally 3-4x a year--mostly to Central and SE Asia, but some to Europe--and have been using both the miles for transferring points (both welcome bonuses and daily spend) to various travel partners for flights in Y over the past two years. I'm generally getting decent bang for my buck on the Chase cards and the Amex Plat has features my wife and I like (we use the Uber, Saks, Clear, Priority Pass, and Delta credits easily). We've had luck transferring both Chase and Amex points to BA and KrisFlyer, and use Chase for United/LH.

However, we don't feel particularly wedded to the Delta card, and am pretty certain we're going to axe it. Does it make sense to apply for anything else from Chase that has a decent welcome bonus, or have I basically maxed out on those options? I am under 5/24. Or would it make more sense to go another route? Or finally, would it simply be better to do nothing? I don't think I want to eat another steep AF, but could be open to small one.

Any suggestions or experiences most appreciated.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 5:02 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by northinsouth
.... basically maxed out on those options?
If I understand correctly, you hold a Sapphire Reserve and no other Chase cards? (Authorized User cards on another person's account are not relevant for this discussion). You hold no Freedom, INK, or Chase co-branded Amazon, airline, hotel cards?
northinsouth likes this.

Last edited by mia; Mar 22, 2023 at 5:08 pm
Old Mar 22, 2023, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
If I understand correctly, you hold a Sapphire Reserve and no other Chase cards? (Authorized User cards on another person's account are not relevant for this discussion). You hold no Freedom, INK, or Chase co-branded Amazon, airline, hotel cards?
Hi Mia--

Thanks for writing, Mia, and that is correct. Any recs much appreciated.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 6:56 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

To begin, you could apply for INK Cash. There is no annual fee, it's a business card and will not increase your 5/24 count, and despite the name it earns Ultimate Rewards points which you can Combine with your Sapphire Reserve account.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
To begin, you could apply for INK Cash. There is no annual fee, it's a business card and will not increase your 5/24 count, and despite the name it earns Ultimate Rewards points which you can Combine with your Sapphire Reserve account.
Sounds great! I'm not running any side business stuff, though. How tightly does Chase monitor those kinds of things?
Old Mar 22, 2023, 7:16 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Sounds great! I'm not running any side business stuff, though. How tightly does Chase monitor those kinds of things?
From anecdotes posted on FT it seems Chase has become more careful verifying your finances if you claim a history of business income. A few months ago I applied for a Chase business card, marking 0 years of history and 0 income for a new business I was investigating starting, and was approved immediately.
mia and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 7:20 pm
mia

.How tightly does Chase monitor those kinds of things?
Further to darthbimmer's reply, apply as a Sole Proprietor using your own name as the business name. Do not invent a company name or add any words to your name.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Many people apply for Biz cards with notional/imaginary/fake "businesses". Chase is mostly interested in whether or not you can make your payments.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Apparently my greatest contribution to this forum has been the word "notional".
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 8:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
It puts you ahead of me, and I suspect it puts you ahead of many others. (My greatest contribution to civilization, and now to this forum, is the phrase "Slow computer is redundant.").
Dr Jabadski and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
It depends on what the meaning of the word “is” is “greatest” is. For me it’s most definitely the most memorable but I suspect you’ve had others that are more significant. BTW, thanks again .

… How tightly does Chase monitor those kinds of things?
Extensive discussion of that exact question at Applying for Chase Business Cards 2023.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.