Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can you realistically get shut down for transferring points between non-family?

Can you realistically get shut down for transferring points between non-family?

Old Aug 30, 2023, 7:48 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
....P1, P2, P3 all share the same mailing address.
Are they members of the same same household or are they only using the same billing address for their Chase accounts? Chase can easily see if they actually reside elsewhere.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by mia
Are they members of the same same household or are they only using the same billing address for their Chase accounts? Chase can easily see if they actually reside elsewhere.
We are all members of the same household.
How can Chase easily see it?
Old Aug 30, 2023, 10:05 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
How can Chase easily see it?
Billing addresses from other accounts, IP addresses used when logging in to chase.com, locations of cellular phones.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Another followup question.

P2 (mom, same address) has points in her business profile. 3 Ink SUBs.
Would it be better for her to combine the biz points to her personal Freedom, then combine it from her Freedom into my personal cards, or would it be better for her to combine the biz points directly to my biz (Ink)?

Hopefully that makes sense, if not I can clarify.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another followup question.

P2 (mom, same address) has points in her business profile. 3 Ink SUBs.
Would it be better for her to combine the biz points to her personal Freedom, then combine it from her Freedom into my personal cards, or would it be better for her to combine the biz points directly to my biz (Ink)?

Hopefully that makes sense, if not I can clarify.
Yes, move her pts to her personal card first. Then from her personal card to your personal card - if you meet the Chase combine point criteria on personal card. Better yet, you are the AU on your mom's Freedom. We do this exercise every few months from spousal account. We have ancient Freedom cards that each is the AU on the other one's Freedom. Therefore the Freedoms are shown on each person's Combined Points screen. It is one extra step and an extra day but it ensures no wire is tripped, no flag is raised.

Unless you are also an owner of her business, you cannot have her point combined to yours.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.