Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass:Sapphire Reserve,JPM Reserve,Ritz. Restaurant benefit ends 7.2024

Chase Priority Pass:Sapphire Reserve,JPM Reserve,Ritz. Restaurant benefit ends 7.2024

Old Aug 6, 2023, 3:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Rare
That particular instance was Capers Market at PDX, which is classified by Priority Pass as a restaurant but is more like a convenience store. There was no expectation of a tip nor opportunity to give one (I suppose there may have been a tip jar, I don't remember).

However, another time when I used PP at an actual restaurant (Yankee Pier at SFO), the bill was slightly over $28 and I put the overage plus a tip on my credit card.
I've also had Caper's @ PDX give $28 X 3 people total (me as a cardholder + two guests).
Rare likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 3:56 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by MrsCodoma
.... I have the PP app but with my old Amex PP info that is expired. ....
You will need to create a new Priority Pass account, with a different User ID, to register the Chase membership.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by mia
You will need to create a new Priority Pass account, with a different User ID, to register the Chase membership.
Yes I know.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 10:02 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by mia
Yes I know.
Also, Amex PP doesn't work at a lot of restaurants (like Caper's PDX as one example) as of a few years ago.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 6:03 am

I am planning on churning my CSP and going for the CSR. I am wondering if it will at all be possible to get my PP before my trip. I leave 9/30/23 for my trip. I plan to downgrade 9/10/23 to a Freedom and re-apply for the CSR 9/17/23.

If the card shows up on my Chase account immediately after approval I am assuming I can go in quickly and activate the PP. I have the PP app but with my old Amex PP info that is expired. I understand that I need to receive a new account number with a PP# and PIN via snail mail to add it to my app.

What do you think? Possible or a long shot?
I was able to request the PP membership activation right after I was approved for the CSR. It was a couple business days before the number and expiration date appeared on the Chase site. The physical card came in the mail a couple days after that. Your timeline seems possible.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by h.axlerod
I was able to request the PP membership activation right after I was approved for the CSR. It was a couple business days before the number and expiration date appeared on the Chase site. The physical card came in the mail a couple days after that. Your timeline seems possible.
Woot woot! That's amazing and different from how it used to be. I think what I researched online was old information. Thanks for the datapoint.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 7:49 pm

P1 added me as an AU on the CSR. Will I get the PP card mailed to me automatically or is there anything we need to do? Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 9, 2023, 4:53 pm

Just upgraded from Boundless to Ritz, quick question - does anyone know if authorized users can use the Priority Pass as well? I heard its different for Ritz compared to other cards?
Old Aug 9, 2023, 5:33 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by BonvoyTraveller
Just upgraded from Boundless to Ritz, quick question - does anyone know if authorized users can use the Priority Pass as well? I heard its different for Ritz compared to other cards?
Yes. Both my husband and I have Priority Pass cards. Search in this thread on my name which will then take you to the person who actually figured this out. He gives the information that you should have on hand when you call.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 11:00 am

Programs: LH Senator, SK Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, AC 25K, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by h.axlerod
so
So the digital membership card would appear in the Chase app first before receiving the physical PPS card? I'm not home at the moment so can't activate the physical card right away, but I've been checking the Chase app for the digital membership card and it has been saying can't find my digital membership for days.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 8:53 am

The card number and expiration did appear online before the card came in the mail, but it still took a few business days.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 8:04 am
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Marriott Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Yes. Both my husband and I have Priority Pass cards. Search in this thread on my name which will then take you to the person who actually figured this out. He gives the information that you should have on hand when you call.
I think you have in mind possibly this thread? Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

from the linked post (3976) onward.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 8:21 am

Ritz Carlton

How long after the upgrade can I request Priority pass for authorized users? I read somewhere I should wait for a couple of days (or so) but can't find the source anymore.

Last edited by mia; Aug 15, 2023 at 8:31 am Reason: Add card name for context after move to Priority Pass thread.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 7:25 pm

Programs: LH Senator, SK Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, AC 25K, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by satellite779
How long after the upgrade can I request Priority pass for authorized users? I read somewhere I should wait for a couple of days (or so) but can't find the source anymore.
I requested the priority pass for an authorized user through secure message right after I added them, and got the digital membership card to show in the chase app after a week or two.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by BladesInk
I requested the priority pass for an authorized user through secure message right after I added them, and got the digital membership card to show in the chase app after a week or two.
Where can I find Priority pass number in Chase app? I don't even see authorized users I added.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.