Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass:Sapphire Reserve,JPM Reserve,Ritz. Restaurant benefit ends 7.2024

Chase Priority Pass:Sapphire Reserve,JPM Reserve,Ritz. Restaurant benefit ends 7.2024

Old Jun 14, 2023, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Try a different email. I find I need to use a new one every time I activate a new PP membership.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Try a different email. I find I need to use a new one every time I activate a new PP membership.
It's one reason I still carry the physical card....Sometimes going old school is better than trying to deal with modern technology.
SPN Lifer and Boraxo like this.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
It's one reason I still carry the physical card....Sometimes going old school is better than trying to deal with modern technology.
Agreed, in fact I hate the app because it always logs me out and then I have to figure out which account to login, lookup the password, etc. The only value I've found with the digital card is that a family member can use it to gain admission (with or without me), though of course the lounge dragons often compare the membership name to the BP (but not always)
Old Jul 18, 2023, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Petdog
I seem to be running into the same problem
Problem solved.

I messaged Chase through the Secure Messages portal, asking that they send me the physical card or my new number. They replied the same day and the card arrived 11 days (7 business days) later. Using that number I was able to create a new login with a new email.

Full message exchange:

Hello Petdog,

Thank you for contacting us.

We received your Priority Pass Select card request and understand how important this is for you.

Petdog, we contacted the Priority Pass team and arranged for a new membership card to be mailed to you. You should receive it at the address on file within three weeks.

The card will arrive in a plain white envelope.

We appreciate you being a Chase customer.

Thank you,

XXX

Original Message Follows:

Hi,

I have not received my Priority Pass membership card. Can you please send? Or at least provide the membership number?

I used to have a Reserve card and had a Priority Pass membership through that Reserve card. When I dropped that Reserve card, the Priority Pass membership ended too.

When I signed up again for the Reserve card, the Priority Pass benefit was listed as Activated. However, I have not received a Priority Pass card in the mail, nor can I access/renew my membership on the Priority Pass website. Priority Pass says it is an issue that only Chase can fix.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Petdog
tygron and WhenPigsFly like this.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 4:48 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Anyone else encountered their Chase Priority Pass membership being denied for usage at Priority Pass restaurants overseas?

I tried to use my Chase Ritz Priority Pass at an airport restaurant in Lima yesterday. The restaurant showed up on my Priority Pass app, but when the guy behind the bar tried to slide my card, it was denied. I tried both using the app QR code and the physical card: both had the same result. He showed me the screen on his handheld device and both times it had a red X on the screen. He told me Amex priority pass membership is not valid at his restaurant which I am very aware of) and is definitely not the issue here.

If it matters, this was at the Bleriot Bar & Lounge. I know OMAAT just visited last month and wrote a trip report on his experience dining at both Priority Pass restaurants. So I do not know if there is something I did wrong or if the terms changed recently. I haven't been to a Priority Pass restaurant in several years now.

In this case, my flight was boarding soon, and the line to the Priority Pass lounge was like 25 people deep, similar to OMAAT's post. So there was no way I would have waited for the lounge. Not a big deal this time, but I would like to know for the future.

Thanks.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 8:19 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Sorry if this has been asked, but how many free guests can cardholder bring to PP restaurant? Is it determined per restaurant or a global threshold?
Old Jul 30, 2023, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
Sorry if this has been asked, but how many free guests can cardholder bring to PP restaurant? Is it determined per restaurant or a global threshold?
One guest per visit.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
Unless something has changed, it depends on the restaurant. If you look up a restaurant on the Priority Pass app or website, some will include the condition "Cardholder may only register 1 Guest per visit to receive US$28 deduction. Any additional guests will not be eligible for US$28 deduction [or whatever the applicable amount is]." Others will not have that restriction.

I hedge this with "unless something has changed" because although I have taken two guests in the past, it has been some time so I don't have recent firsthand experience, and websites/databases can be out of date.

Of course, whether the guests end up being free to you also depends on which credit card your PP membership is derived from.
italdesign likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think it was intended to be a trick question. You can get a table for as many people as the restaurant can accommodate. But PP will only pay for 2 persons x $28. You pay the difference. If you have 2 adults with PP cards, most restaurants will only accept 1 card per table. So you would need to split up your family at separate tables if you want to use more than one PP card.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Rare
Unless something has changed, it depends on the restaurant. If you look up a restaurant on the Priority Pass app or website, some will include the condition "Cardholder may only register 1 Guest per visit to receive US$28 deduction. Any additional guests will not be eligible for US$28 deduction [or whatever the applicable amount is]."
In my experience and searching, most PP restaurants limit you to one eligible guest. Those that don't will usually limit you to 2 guests. But that's a restaurant level decision, not PP or Chase. Some don't, and in that case you're subject to whatever the free guest rule is of your particular card.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 7:59 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Corona Beach House at Miami International does not display the "one guest" language, -and- they credit $30 per person, rather than $28.

https://www.prioritypass.com/lounges...na-beach-house
Old Aug 2, 2023, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by efrant
One guest per visit.
Originally Posted by Boraxo
You can get a table for as many people as the restaurant can accommodate. But PP will only pay for 2 persons x $28. You pay the difference.
You both seem to be very sure about this. Can you provide some evidence? Because as I said, I have used PP for 3 persons. Total was $82.95 in that case, entirely paid by PP.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Rare
You both seem to be very sure about this. Can you provide some evidence? Because as I said, I have used PP for 3 persons. Total was $82.95 in that case, entirely paid by PP.
I know it varies by restaurant, so I normally look at the Priority Pass website before arriving, or ask the server, but I know others have mentioned that some restaurants allow the cardholder + 2 GUESTS, so I 100% believe you.

Did you tip in cash or credit card?
Old Aug 2, 2023, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Did you tip in cash or credit card?
That particular instance was Capers Market at PDX, which is classified by Priority Pass as a restaurant but is more like a convenience store. There was no expectation of a tip nor opportunity to give one (I suppose there may have been a tip jar, I don't remember).

However, another time when I used PP at an actual restaurant (Yankee Pier at SFO), the bill was slightly over $28 and I put the overage plus a tip on my credit card.
diesteldorf likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 3:00 pm

I am planning on churning my CSP and going for the CSR. I am wondering if it will at all be possible to get my PP before my trip. I leave 9/30/23 for my trip. I plan to downgrade 9/10/23 to a Freedom and re-apply for the CSR 9/17/23.

If the card shows up on my Chase account immediately after approval I am assuming I can go in quickly and activate the PP. I have the PP app but with my old Amex PP info that is expired. I understand that I need to receive a new account number with a PP# and PIN via snail mail to add it to my app.

What do you think? Possible or a long shot?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.