Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass:Sapphire Reserve,JPM Reserve,Ritz. Restaurant benefit ends 7.2024

Chase Priority Pass:Sapphire Reserve,JPM Reserve,Ritz. Restaurant benefit ends 7.2024

Old Mar 1, 2023, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by macmedic
Restaurants show up in the PP app when I’m logged in with my RC account. Only lounges show up when I log in with my Amex account. And I used it(RC) in SEA last week.
okay thanks. Probably misinformation
Old Mar 1, 2023, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by djdw905
okay thanks. Probably misinformation
Literally just got mine a few weeks ago. Full PP is in the benefits, and if it were going away i doubt they would still be listing it.
SPN Lifer and djdw905 like this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 7:10 am

Ritz PP is not losing this benefit and most likely it’s due to someone’s confusion about the Amex PP. if I’m mistaken I haven’t seen evidence of the change.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 9:48 am

I have the Ritz card. My daughter is an authorized user. I called Chase and a CSR said that she didn't need her own PP membership and that she could use my login on the app. That didn't sound correct to me. The WIKI says that AU will need there own membership. Has anything changed?

Thanks
Old Mar 16, 2023, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I am going to use my RC airport dining for the first time. What is the correct procedure? Pay with RC and it will credit back automactically or show PP and pay with RC or do they charge it to the PP for the RC?
Old Mar 16, 2023, 5:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I am going to use my RC airport dining for the first time. What is the correct procedure? Pay with RC and it will credit back automactically or show PP and pay with RC or do they charge it to the PP for the RC?
Show them your PP card and they will explain how much you get and will nicely remind you the tip is not included. I have used it on arrival and departure. Some will ask you at check in if you are PP and check your card there.

Last edited by macmedic; Mar 16, 2023 at 6:47 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Mar 16, 2023, 5:17 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Just show your physical or digital PP card at restaurant checkin. Pay any extra with whatever card you desire.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 16, 2023, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Sapphire Reserve authorized user & Priority Pass

I have had the CSR for a few years now, and my wife has had the CSP. Recently I realized it probably made sense to cancel her CSP and make her an authorized user on my CSR as it seems like the perks are better and the annual fee is only $75 for the CSR AU as opposed to $95 (?) on the CSP.

Her card just came and it has the exact same number as mine, which I was not expecting. Pretty sure I've made her an AU on a different card and she got a different number, but maybe I am remembering wrong.

Anyway, I was hoping that with us each having Priority Pass via CSR, we'd be able to each bring a guest, for a total of 4 people. Is that possible or no, since the PP is linked to the credit card # and ours are the same?

I'm also curious to see how the billing shows up. Will it differentiate between who made the charge, or is that invisible since they are the same #?
Old May 16, 2023, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
You will each get a Priority Pass, and each of you can bring a guest.
As for billing, as far as I can tell, there is no indication of whether the charge is by primary user or authorized user.
Old May 22, 2023, 1:23 am

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt, Alaska, American, United
Unable to Activate Priority Pass (Chase CSR)

I had a Chase CSR for several years with a Priority Pass, which I used on several occasions. I terminated my card earlier this year and reapplied for a new CSR card with (presumably) a new Priority Pass membership. Unfortunately, I have not been able to activate it. When I try to register the card online as a new account, I get a message saying that the card has already been registered. Meanwhile, my old Priority Pass account is still listed online (different membership number) but it has expired and there is no way I can delete it.

Had a very lengthy conversation with a Chase rep tonight and she was unable to straighten it out. She suggested that I pay the lounge fee and request reimbursement from Chase, but I don’t want to risk being stuck with the fee. I would have a guest, so we are talking $58.

Any suggestions? I am flying out of SEA tomorrow afternoon.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Interesting…and surprised no one has mentioned this yet, just got an email from Priority Pass saying 60 Plaza Premium lounges are becoming available to Priority Pass members. As many know, all (or most) Plaza Premium lounges were available to PP members prior to July 2021 (or maybe it was July ‘20?). Release is here.

Good news for those who have a PP membership through a Chase card. Selfishly, for me (or those like me) who have an Amex Plat and/or VentureX, so already have access, this may be considered a ‘downgrade’ as these lounges are probably going to become more/over-crowded. A downside for Priority Pass only members via Chase card, is that this doesn’t seem to cover all Plaza Premium lounges - as far as I can tell from a quick search, as of a couple of years ago, there were 130+ Plaza Premium lounges. Just going through the list, I note that in Canada, the Plaza Premium lounges in the international areas are covered (YYZ/YVR/YEG/YWG), but not any of the domestic or transborder ones (which exist at least in YYZ and YVR, not sure about others).
Old Jun 9, 2023, 1:57 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Interesting…and surprised no one has mentioned this yet.....
Discussion here: Plaza Premium ending Priority Pass, LoungeKey access [now reversed for PP] start at about post 35.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
PP getting Plaza access is a downgrade for many.
ithinkurdumb likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 10:48 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

PP getting Plaza access is a downgrade for many.
Agreed.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by pashber
I had a Chase CSR for several years with a Priority Pass, which I used on several occasions. I terminated my card earlier this year and reapplied for a new CSR card with (presumably) a new Priority Pass membership. Unfortunately, I have not been able to activate it. When I try to register the card online as a new account, I get a message saying that the card has already been registered. Meanwhile, my old Priority Pass account is still listed online (different membership number) but it has expired and there is no way I can delete it.

Had a very lengthy conversation with a Chase rep tonight and she was unable to straighten it out.
I seem to be running into the same problem

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.