Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass:Sapphire Reserve,JPM Reserve,Ritz. Restaurant benefit ends 7.2024

Chase Priority Pass:Sapphire Reserve,JPM Reserve,Ritz. Restaurant benefit ends 7.2024

Old Feb 2, 2023, 3:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I have found absolutely no value in the restaurant benefit. The Platinum Amex has more value in every location that has a dine option as you can use the Skyclubs. PP has a higer rejection rate than PP and they are building more C1 clubs. But it appears you have your mind made up, safe travels.
I am the opposite. My home airport (CLE) has limited lounge options. No matter what airline I fly (often one I wouldn't have lounge access at) there's a restaurant where I normally get (good quality) eggs, meat, potatoes, and a cocktail under my PP. Almost never a wait for a table either. They did recently open a club though. Still, I prefer the restaurant
Old Feb 5, 2023, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Super Mario
I am the opposite. My home airport (CLE) has limited lounge options. No matter what airline I fly (often one I wouldn't have lounge access at) there's a restaurant where I normally get (good quality) eggs, meat, potatoes, and a cocktail under my PP. Almost never a wait for a table either. They did recently open a club though. Still, I prefer the restaurant
Silly question -- for the restaurant benefits, would it work at the "arrival" airport? E.g., flight from PDX to SFO, would PP restaurants in SFO offer the benefits? Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2023, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by swhsu
Silly question -- for the restaurant benefits, would it work at the "arrival" airport? E.g., flight from PDX to SFO, would PP restaurants in SFO offer the benefits? Thanks!
not sure though... my relatives never attempt to try PP lounges or restaurants on arrivals ever. If anyone has a definitive answer, I'd love to know.

At SEA, see attachment for terms... require physical card & boarding pass same day travel, it doesn't indicate departure required.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 4:11 am

At least once, if not twice, I've used a PP restaurant on arrival at DCA. All that was asked was my flight number; I wasn't asked for my BP.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
At least once, if not twice, I've used a PP restaurant on arrival at DCA. All that was asked was my flight number; I wasn't asked for my BP.
On my last visit to Mustards at SFO, they didnt ask for flight info/BP at all. YMMV.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:16 am

Not silly at all, and the answer is yes! I've used it on arrival at SFO and numerous times on arrival at PDX. Of course, this could change, and it would be good practice to check the conditions ahead of time. I vaguely remember a case where the conditions had wording to the effect of departure airport only, but most if not all now say "confirmed same-day travel", which includes the arrival airport.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 12:18 am

Has anyone had good experience at the SYD priority pass restaurants? will be at both T3 and T1 so curious to hear any suggestions, and how strict they are on boarding pass (i.e. can we use on arrival). Thank you!
Old Feb 27, 2023, 3:24 am

For the Chase reserve card, I didn't see any threads commenting total number of guests but chase's website says only 2 guests allowed. Do you think Chase will pay for the 3rd guest or it'll appear as a charge on my card
Old Feb 27, 2023, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by sam007
For the Chase reserve card, I didn't see any threads commenting total number of guests but chase's website says only 2 guests allowed. Do you think Chase will pay for the 3rd guest or it'll appear as a charge on my card
Chase Sapphire Reserve Card Benefits & Rewards
Footnote 20
Primary Cardmembers and Authorized Users are granted complimentary access to the Priority Pass lounges and are allowed a maximum of two accompanying guests each. For any additional guests, your card will be charged $27 per guest, per visit. Your card will be charged after you have signed for the additional guest visits in the participating lounge and the visits have been reported to Priority Pass.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by sam007
I am always charged for a 4th person, except when the lounge allows me to use a 2nd PP card from Amex (some don't care).
Old Mar 1, 2023, 2:05 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Moderator action

The previous thread is here: Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

I did not copy the Wikipost from that thread because the content is stale. If anyone wants to refresh it the text can be transferred in a few seconds, but it may be better to start again.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by mia; Mar 1, 2023 at 2:17 pm
Old Mar 1, 2023, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Like I said, the rep (and you know how they are) only was referencing RC because that is what I was going to.
has anyone seen/heard more about this (RC losing access to PP restaurants)? The chase reps either dont know or tell you to ask Priority Pass; PP says you need to call your issuing bank as we cant see what you have access to; the card does work at PP restaurants (tried last week) but that is little comfort since your bank can just charge you for the visit after the fact.

There are some discussions on the below linked thread about the RC losing PP restaurant access as of 1 Jan 2023, but thought Id ask here given the audience.
has anyone heard of this? Chase phone reps are unclear.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ispreloading=1

Last edited by mia; Mar 1, 2023 at 8:05 pm Reason: Please do not post the same question in more than one thread.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 6:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by djdw905
There are some discussions on the below linked thread about the RC losing PP restaurant access as of 1 Jan 2023, but thought Id ask here given the audience.
has anyone heard of this? Chase phone reps are unclear.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ispreloading=1
I used it in SEA last week with no issues.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by macmedic
I used it in SEA last week with no issues.
same here, but I remember when Amex removed restaurants and I still used it (not knowing), Amex just charged for each visit about a month later
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 6:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by djdw905
has anyone seen/heard more about this (RC losing access to PP restaurants)? The chase reps either dont know or tell you to ask Priority Pass; PP says you need to call your issuing bank as we cant see what you have access to; the card does work at PP restaurants (tried last week) but that is little comfort since your bank can just charge you for the visit after the fact.
Restaurants show up in the PP app when I’m logged in with my RC account. Only lounges show up when I log in with my Amex account. And I used it(RC) in SEA last week.
SPN Lifer and djdw905 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.