Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass:Sapphire Reserve,JPM Reserve,Ritz. Restaurant benefit ends 7.2024

Chase Priority Pass:Sapphire Reserve,JPM Reserve,Ritz. Restaurant benefit ends 7.2024

Old Jun 20, 2024, 11:25 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by abaheti
I may not be understanding your question -- when I log into the PP website from my phone or computer the first screen shows my PP membership barcode/QR code. By clicking "details" it shows the code, actual number, expiration, etc. in a format you can print. I've just captured an image of this and used to enter lounges.
In order to login and show the QR code, I need an account. In order to create an account, it requires the membership #, which I won't have without having received the physical letter. I was wondering if I can get the membership # virtually to setup the account.
Old Jun 20, 2024, 11:36 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by italdesign
In order to login and show the QR code, I need an account. In order to create an account, it requires the membership #, which I won't have without having received the physical letter. I was wondering if I can get the membership # virtually to setup the account.
Assuming the PP membership has been processed, the primary card member can access the information in the Chase app for all AUs and then send you a pass for your digital wallet (or perhaps just a screen shot of the QR code will suffice. Not sure you will be able to set up an online PP login without the mail confirmation, but the wallet pass should get you into the lounge without issue.

Digital pass is under "Benefits & Travel", then "Explore Lounges" in the app.
SPN Lifer and italdesign like this.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Jun 20, 2024 at 1:33 pm Reason: gr, clarif
Old Jun 20, 2024, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
On the website I can select the card, select more-->benefits, then view the lounge access benefit
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2024, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by abaheti
On the website I can select the card, select more-->benefits, then view the lounge access benefit
For whatever reason, lounge doesn't show up as a benefit on the Ritz card on Chase.com.

Old Jun 21, 2024, 6:34 am

For whatever reason, lounge doesn't show up as a benefit on the Ritz card on Chase.com.

It's listed under High-Level Travel Perks & Advantages at https://creditcards.chase.com/marrio...rlton/benefits
Old Jun 21, 2024, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
It's listed under High-Level Travel Perks & Advantages at https://creditcards.chase.com/marrio...rlton/benefits
We all know it's an actual benefit. I was just pointing out that abaheti's method of finding the PP membership # on the desktop site which may work for CSR, doesn't work for Ritz.
abaheti likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2024, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
We all know it's an actual benefit. I was just pointing out that abaheti's method of finding the PP membership # on the desktop site which may work for CSR, doesn't work for Ritz.
Sorry it doesn't work for you, maybe try calling Priority Pass and have them look you up some way?
Old Jun 23, 2024, 7:17 pm

Sorry if this is a silly question. But I am curious if any Ritz Card owner has received formal letter like the CSR owners do, regarding the removal of the restaurant benefit of the PP card? I know people have confirmed with the customer service and were told that all Chase cards are cutting this benefit. But I look through all my letters from Chase and none of them mentioned about this at all (I only have Ritz but not CSR). So just curious if any Ritz owner has actually received something but not me. TIA
Old Jun 24, 2024, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by summerflyer
Sorry if this is a silly question. But I am curious if any Ritz Card owner has received formal letter like the CSR owners do, regarding the removal of the restaurant benefit of the PP card? I know people have confirmed with the customer service and were told that all Chase cards are cutting this benefit. But I look through all my letters from Chase and none of them mentioned about this at all (I only have Ritz but not CSR). So just curious if any Ritz owner has actually received something but not me. TIA
I'm not 100% sure if CSR holders actually got a separate letter explaining the Priority Pass changes to restaurant access but I know it was first noticed by someone in their CSR monthly statement as an "account message." I just checked my Ritz statement from May 20th and it does indeed say that restaurant access is cut as of July 1st.
oopsz, cnn and summerflyer like this.
Old Jun 24, 2024, 5:41 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Zolor23
I'm not 100% sure if CSR holders actually got a separate letter explaining the Priority Pass changes to restaurant access but I know it was first noticed by someone in their CSR monthly statement as an "account message." I just checked my Ritz statement from May 20th and it does indeed say that restaurant access is cut as of July 1st.
I didn't notice until I decided to go look at my June statement after reading this. I usually just look through the transactions to make sure everything is correct so I didnt even notice the message below. Thanks for the forum, I already knew about this but here's what was written on the statement:

As of July 1, 2024 you will no longer have access to restaurants, cafes, and markets participating in the Priority Pass Select network as
part of the Priority Pass Select™ Benefit associated with your Card. Access to Priority Pass Select's network of lounges and other select
airport experiences is not impacted by this update.

​​​​
Old Jun 24, 2024, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Assuming the PP membership has been processed, the primary card member can access the information in the Chase app for all AUs and then send you a pass for your digital wallet (or perhaps just a screen shot of the QR code will suffice. Not sure you will be able to set up an online PP login without the mail confirmation, but the wallet pass should get you into the lounge without issue.

Digital pass is under "Benefits & Travel", then "Explore Lounges" in the app.
Thanks for this tip. The primary holder's Chase app -> Lounges -> Digital membership card only shows their QR code. It's only been a few days since I was re-added, so I'll wait a few more days. Good to know it should show up there.
Old Jun 24, 2024, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Zolor23
I'm not 100% sure if CSR holders actually got a separate letter explaining the Priority Pass changes to restaurant access
I don’t recall receiving a separate letter. I don’t know that Chase would want to make it appear to be a big deal by sending a separate notification - aren’t there restrictions on what they can change mid-year when people have paid for a year’s worth of benefits?

Tomorrow will be my last opportunity to use this benefit. I hope to eat breakfast in SEA, then eat lunch a Capers in PDX, and maybe “grocery shop” at Capers Market on my way to my next flight. (or are there any restrictions on how often the benefit can be used each day? Never have used it more than once a day before)
Old Jun 25, 2024, 1:02 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I don’t recall receiving a separate letter. I don’t know that Chase would want to make it appear to be a big deal by sending a separate notification - aren’t there restrictions on what they can change mid-year when people have paid for a year’s worth of benefits?

Tomorrow will be my last opportunity to use this benefit. I hope to eat breakfast in SEA, then eat lunch a Capers in PDX, and maybe “grocery shop” at Capers Market on my way to my next flight. (or are there any restrictions on how often the benefit can be used each day? Never have used it more than once a day before)
I heard calendar day and also 24 hours. Only experience I had was using two days in a row at DEN and ATL.

I was glad I was able to use it one last time (well two restaurants) in DEN last week. My original flight LAS-DEN got cancelled and I was rebooked LAS-DEN-ORD.

I overheard a waiter saying to a regular something like "Are you using your benefit one last time?";

I suspect a lot of these places are going to have a big drop in business come July. At DEN, maybe Mercantile will be okay (but still slower) bc it's in a location right by the escalators to the tram. Sweetwater, I would think, is going to be hurting since they are in that far location all the way at the end of the UX gates.

I wish I could have hit SFO one last time I gone to all four restaurants there.
​​​​
Old Jun 25, 2024, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
I heard calendar day and also 24 hours. Only experience I had was using two days in a row at DEN and ATL.
​​​​
The canonical thread seems to be

Priority Pass Question [Dining at multiple restaurants]

Unclear if there are restrictions. I guess I will find out today
Old Jun 25, 2024, 7:03 pm

I've use my PP benefit at the same restaurant two consecutive days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.