Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass:Sapphire Reserve,JPM Reserve,Ritz. Restaurant benefit ends 7.2024

Chase Priority Pass:Sapphire Reserve,JPM Reserve,Ritz. Restaurant benefit ends 7.2024

Old Jan 15, 2023, 4:37 pm

Interesting PPS for RC's AU as of 2023

My cousin received her PP via AU added to my RC card. She received just the card and welcome letter, the letter didn't indicate number of guests she can bring. She asked if there is a booklet or welcome book.

I don't remember receiving welcome book from RC 's PPS enrollment for myself.

But I remember when CSR sent the PPS welcome letter, there was a booklet with directory, but the letter for PPS by CSR stated 2 guests.

Fyi: her digital PP (issued in Jan 2023 is no difference to my digital PP (issued in mid-2022)
Old Jan 15, 2023, 11:17 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by zxybazh
Hi, has anyone tried to use the PPS card this year? Does it still provide the $28 credit at designated restaurants?
My husband used it today at the restaurant at the San Diego Airport. Worked just fine.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, United Silver, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
My husband used it today at the restaurant at the San Diego Airport. Worked just fine.
Thanks for the DP. That's a relief.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I noticed the difference in the format of account numbers for Priority Pass is major different from RC to other cards. Why would that be?
Old Jan 21, 2023, 2:10 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Chase apparently buys their Priority Pass memberships through a third party benefits administrator, rather than directly from Collinson.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Chase apparently buys their Priority Pass memberships through a third party benefits administrator, rather than directly from Collinson.
Isn't the Chase Reserve the short number like everyone else?
Old Jan 25, 2023, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
That is correct.
Thank you for being so active & promptly responses.
With your expertise/knowledge; what scenarios and goals should my large family aim/chase:
- we are a family of 8 siblings, each is married and having at least 1 - 3 kids (varies from 6 mos old - 15 yrs old)
- I am the most financial stable of the 8, I have a small business that I ran remotely, enough to pay bills, no extra income. I'm disabled due to TBIs, pretty much not able to get out of "home settings". Sometimes spend months in a nursing facility. Able to use annual fees as write offs, not so bad.
- I'd love to bring the happiness to my family. (back then before learning about PriorityPass, my relatives spent like up to $300s at airport foods/snacks per "stop" (the kids wandering around non-stop and want this and that)... those parents whose got PPs through my AUs since then $0.

My original plans been successful and some fall shorts (uneven distribution of PP cards) - Most travels are destine to Asia & South East Asia. Some to Europe. Some to Caribbean.
- authorized those families to enjoy Lounges (free/on my expenses) when they're traveling (they have their own travel expenses) - Venture X's 4 AU (PP & Plaza & C1 lounges). Should I consider apply for a 2nd Venture X card to do another 4 AUs?
- authorized some of them for RC for purpose of PP passes (5 so far, not sure on the point of limitations by ticking off Chase's system for being jail/ban/blacklisted). Should I attempt to stay with RC card, and cancel VentureX? and then find a way to add another RC card?
- AmexPlat is no longer an option as of 2023, already cancelled them last year (Biz Plat & personal Plat together - unable to keep up with fees).

my own family: an elder (my mom) my 2 parent-in-laws, my spouse & my son 1 yr old. Current situation:
- been chasing true-Platinum status at Marriott (not via Brilliant amex), my spouse works for a subsidairy food service with SPG/Marriotts, she still has 50% off rates on Rooms (upgrades available but void the discounts, unless maintaining Lifetime Platinum)
- PPs via RC - should my spouse apply for the 2nd RC card? or 2nd VenX card on her own name?

Sorry about complexity of needs.
Thanks for any leads.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by givehands
Thank you for being so active & promptly responses.
With your expertise/knowledge; what scenarios and goals should my large family aim/chase:
- we are a family of 8 siblings, each is married and having at least 1 - 3 kids (varies from 6 mos old - 15 yrs old)
- I am the most financial stable of the 8, I have a small business that I ran remotely, enough to pay bills, no extra income. I'm disabled due to TBIs, pretty much not able to get out of "home settings". Sometimes spend months in a nursing facility. Able to use annual fees as write offs, not so bad.
- I'd love to bring the happiness to my family. (back then before learning about PriorityPass, my relatives spent like up to $300s at airport foods/snacks per "stop" (the kids wandering around non-stop and want this and that)... those parents whose got PPs through my AUs since then $0.

My original plans been successful and some fall shorts (uneven distribution of PP cards) - Most travels are destine to Asia & South East Asia. Some to Europe. Some to Caribbean.
- authorized those families to enjoy Lounges (free/on my expenses) when they're traveling (they have their own travel expenses) - Venture X's 4 AU (PP & Plaza & C1 lounges). Should I consider apply for a 2nd Venture X card to do another 4 AUs?
- authorized some of them for RC for purpose of PP passes (5 so far, not sure on the point of limitations by ticking off Chase's system for being jail/ban/blacklisted). Should I attempt to stay with RC card, and cancel VentureX? and then find a way to add another RC card?
- AmexPlat is no longer an option as of 2023, already cancelled them last year (Biz Plat & personal Plat together - unable to keep up with fees).

my own family: an elder (my mom) my 2 parent-in-laws, my spouse & my son 1 yr old. Current situation:
- been chasing true-Platinum status at Marriott (not via Brilliant amex), my spouse works for a subsidairy food service with SPG/Marriotts, she still has 50% off rates on Rooms (upgrades available but void the discounts, unless maintaining Lifetime Platinum)
- PPs via RC - should my spouse apply for the 2nd RC card? or 2nd VenX card on her own name?

Sorry about complexity of needs.
Thanks for any leads.
Go with a second VentureX as you not only get PP, you get Capital One Lounges and Plaza Premium Lounges. I say that and do not even mention that RC is a discontinued product (could end any day) while VX is a current (new) product with much more stability for the foreseeable future.

Oh and Venture X is cheaper with a few other benefits.

Last edited by mia; Jan 25, 2023 at 1:36 pm
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:02 pm

Go with a second VentureX as you not only get PP, you get Capital One Lounges and Plaza Premium Lounges. I say that and do not even mention that RC is a discontinued product (could end any day) while VX is a current (new) product with much more stability for the foreseeable future.

Oh and Venture X is cheaper with a few other benefits.
Thanks again.
Most of us utilize SEA airport w/2 restaurants beside lounges. They never got problems with non-lounge benefits by PPs... now VenX 2023 is different. (RC wins)

There is 1-3% chance that any of them able to visit Denver,Dallas - C1 lounges.

There maybe 10-20% chances of using Plaza Lounges internationally (VenX wins). Outside USA, are there higher rejection rates of PP lounges vs Plaza lounges? 🤔

Have you heard of UBS Infinite, >10 free AUs, do those AUs get PPs too? Are those PP with restaurants benefit or not?

Thanks
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:13 pm

Thanks again.
Most of us utilize SEA airport w/2 restaurants beside lounges. They never got problems with non-lounge benefits by PPs... now VenX 2023 is different. (RC wins)

There is 1-3% chance that any of them able to visit Denver,Dallas - C1 lounges.

There maybe 10-20% chances of using Plaza Lounges internationally (VenX wins). Outside USA, are there higher rejection rates of PP lounges vs Plaza lounges? 🤔

Have you heard of UBS Infinite, >10 free AUs, do those AUs get PPs too? Are those PP with restaurants benefit or not?

Thanks
I have found absolutely no value in the restaurant benefit. The Platinum Amex has more value in every location that has a dine option as you can use the Skyclubs. PP has a higer rejection rate than PP and they are building more C1 clubs. But it appears you have your mind made up, safe travels.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:30 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Have you heard of UBS Infinite
Please review this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...27-2017-a.html
Old Jan 25, 2023, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I have found absolutely no value in the restaurant benefit. The Platinum Amex has more value in every location that has a dine option as you can use the Skyclubs. PP has a higer rejection rate than PP and they are building more C1 clubs. But it appears you have your mind made up, safe travels.
Well this is a Chase thread in a Chase forum, so I expect you are in the minority here. For sure the key criteria are your travel patterns. Those who fly DL solo, who spend time at airport terminals where Amex clubs don't have lines (hint: not SFO) and who like Amex food are probably not part of the Chase target demographic.

For others like me - I rarely fly DL and have multiple PP restaurant options in various terminals at my home airport (i.e. no matter which airline I fly). The food is superior to Amex. So for me, the restaurant option is far more valuable than the wait-in-line Amex lounges. For me, the biggest minus to Chase PP memberships is that they do not include Escape lounges (such that they are).
Old Jan 25, 2023, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Well this is a Chase thread in a Chase forum, so I expect you are in the minority here. For sure the key criteria are your travel patterns. Those who fly DL solo, who spend time at airport terminals where Amex clubs don't have lines (hint: not SFO) and who like Amex food are probably not part of the Chase target demographic.

For others like me - I rarely fly DL and have multiple PP restaurant options in various terminals at my home airport (i.e. no matter which airline I fly). The food is superior to Amex. So for me, the restaurant option is far more valuable than the wait-in-line Amex lounges. For me, the biggest minus to Chase PP memberships is that they do not include Escape lounges (such that they are).
I mainly fly out of ATL where there are no PP Eats, so it is Skyclubs or pretty much nothing. Minute Suites snacks are not food. It is always a YMMV, that is why asking a generic question without including all of the airports is going to result in answers you might not agree with. I have more fingers than visits to SFO. But placed like MAN, DUB, BHX, ATL, HNL BWI are places I visit more regular than many people go to church. LOL
Old Jan 26, 2023, 1:15 am

Thanks for the add'l details
As for now, I'm unable to travel but love to keep as point of contacts (travel planning coordinator) for my relatives. It makes me happy to see their smiles. They rejected all other means I offered. And they only accept small amount GCs such as Starbucks, max at either 50/100 here and there of Costco, Target, restaurants etc...

Lounges access is the most efficiency way that I could gift.

Therefore Authorized Users lounges Priveleges is the most efficiency I can think off the list at this time. I understand from DPs that PP is the least desirable option.

VenX still an option on the table, does anyone know how much per additional AU for VenX after 4 free? rather than find a work around for another application for 2nd VenX account

When should I start to worry in attempt adding additional AUs to my Ritz Card? Bring the number to 8? Or potentially 16?

My unique needs disregard all SUBs or bonus. Our bills paying definitely beyond $100k/year.

I forfeited all points, airline credits. Actually transferred and gifted points to those relatives or via Christmas charity if unused.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 6:16 am
mia

I mainly fly out of ATL where there are no PP Eats,
There is one restaurant: https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...ams-brew-house

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.