Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass:Sapphire Reserve,JPM Reserve,Ritz. Restaurant benefit ends 7.2024

Chase Priority Pass:Sapphire Reserve,JPM Reserve,Ritz. Restaurant benefit ends 7.2024

Old Mar 27, 2024, 2:01 pm
  #151  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: SFO
Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Posts: 3,433
A man walks into a bar. Ouch!
vanillabean is offline  
Old Mar 27, 2024, 2:03 pm
  #152  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Posts: 397
My home airport lacks a PP lounge, but it does have a PP restaurant. I find the restaurants to actually be better than the lounges when I'm with my family, since the lounges are always so full that we can never sit together and my family prefers to find a vacant place in the airport over a lounge with marginal food. This would be a blow for sure.
schalliol is offline  
Old Mar 27, 2024, 2:09 pm
  #153  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SEA, but up and down the coast a lot
Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Posts: 20,489
Originally Posted by 1353513636
Since Amex has a lot of lounges + escape and Plaza Premium, and Capital One at least has Plaza Premium and their own dining concept (and the Capital One Venture X is basically free), this makes Chase have the weakest lounge benefit by far, unless you happen to live in a city with a Sapphire Lounge.
Yeah, I have a VX + Ink Preferred + Freedom Unilimited at the moment and I am stumped as to why I would ever get the CSR given if I *was* churning a Sapphire the CSP has a lower annual fee and bigger SUB, and I get more points on spend with the CIP+FU combination.
synergistic and cuthroat like this.
eponymous_coward is offline  
Old Mar 27, 2024, 2:14 pm
  #154  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,924
Originally Posted by 1353513636
Since Amex has a lot of lounges + escape and Plaza Premium, and Capital One at least has Plaza Premium and their own dining concept (and the Capital One Venture X is basically free), this makes Chase have the weakest lounge benefit by far, unless you happen to live in a city with a Sapphire Lounge.
My Priority Pass from Ritz has access to Plaza Premium. I can confirm that at least YYZ worked this year. I assume CSR does too. Are you saying this is also being nixed?
rrgg is offline  
Old Mar 27, 2024, 2:21 pm
  #155  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California
Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Posts: 1,876
Just seeing this on the chase sapphire reserve.

As of July 1, 2024, you will no longer have access to restaurants, cafes, and markets participating in the Priority Pass Select network as part of the Priority Pass SelectTM Benefit associated with your card. Access to Priority Pass Selects network of lounges and other select airport experiences is not impacted by this update.
RedElmo is offline  
Old Mar 27, 2024, 2:23 pm
  #156  
dw
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: NYC/LA
Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Posts: 7,874
Originally Posted by rrgg
My Priority Pass from Ritz has access to Plaza Premium. I can confirm that at least YYZ worked this year. I assume CSR does too. Are you saying this is also being nixed?
Plaza Premium dropped all Priority Pass access at one point a few years ago, but eventually most (if not all) locations re-joined.
rrgg likes this.
dw is online now  
Old Mar 27, 2024, 2:28 pm
  #157  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New York, NY, USA
Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 766
Ritz never mirrored the Sapphire Reserve or JPMR when they limited to 2 guests so maybe this will be another to fall under the radar.
SPN Lifer and gudugan like this.
Magic Pickles is offline  
Old Mar 27, 2024, 2:33 pm
  #158  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Posts: 397
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
Ritz never mirrored the Sapphire Reserve or JPMR when they limited to 2 guests so maybe this will be another to fall under the radar.
I hope, as I have JPMR, but typically the PP changes on CSR have affected JPMR. If I try to take more than 2 guests, my card gets charged. They tend to do this incorrectly with minors. With my family of 5, it should work for me to take the kids and my wife to take guests on her AU PP.
SPN Lifer and gudugan like this.
schalliol is offline  
Old Mar 27, 2024, 2:38 pm
  #159  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California
Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Posts: 1,876
Originally Posted by KoreanUsher
Update on CSR PP benefits (dated 3/26):

As of July 1, 2024 you will no longer have access to restaurants, cafes, and markets participating in the Priority Pass Select network as part of the Priority Pass SelectTM Benefit associated with your Card. Access to Priority Pass Select's network of lounges and other select airport experiences is not impacted by this update.

Pretty big devaluation. Not sure if PP restaurant benefit will remain on Ritz/JPM Reserve cards or will follow CSR devaluation.

Guess Im downgrading back to the preferred when the $550 hits.
cuthroat and gudugan like this.
RedElmo is offline  
Old Mar 27, 2024, 2:45 pm
  #160  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SF Bay Area
Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Posts: 6,875
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Just seeing this on the chase sapphire reserve.

As of July 1, 2024, you will no longer have access to restaurants, cafes, and markets participating in the Priority Pass Select network as part of the Priority Pass SelectTM Benefit associated with your card. Access to Priority Pass Selects network of lounges and other select airport experiences is not impacted by this update.
Apparently this applies to the Ritz-Carlton card too: https://awardwallet.com/blog/chase-s...enefit-change/

Chase's reason for doing this is that they have their own lounges now? Where's their SFO lounge then?
STS-134 is offline  
Old Mar 27, 2024, 2:57 pm
  #161  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC (LGA, JFK), CT
Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Posts: 4,971
I recognize that many will find this to be a loss, but I always found the restaurant thing to be a bit of a gimmick anyway. Chase is investing significant money in lounges, and they have two very good lounges in my home airports (LGA and JFK). I will likely upgrade my CSP to a CSR because of it.
Adelphos is offline  
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:00 pm
  #162  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: SFO
Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Posts: 2,259
Originally Posted by dw
Plaza Premium dropped all Priority Pass access at one point a few years ago, but eventually most (if not all) locations re-joined.
IMO it's only a matter of time before Plaza Premium re-exits Priority Pass.
1353513636 is offline  
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:13 pm
  #163  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 2,533
Originally Posted by Adelphos
I recognize that many will find this to be a loss, but I always found the restaurant thing to be a bit of a gimmick anyway. Chase is investing significant money in lounges, and they have two very good lounges in my home airports (LGA and JFK). I will likely upgrade my CSP to a CSR because of it.
I agree that Chase is investing significant money into lounges, but this will be a bit of a loss for those cities where they have very little or no lounge presence like DEN where both Amex and Cap1 have a lounge option but Chase does not.
cmn.jcs and FlyfromDenver like this.
lowfareair is offline  
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:45 pm
  #164  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: STL
Posts: 88
This is a major downgrade. I frequent many airports where the PP restaurants were a better option than any lounge (if not the only option). Those of us who spend time in small and medium size airports are going to feel this. This will probably cause me to downgrade.
psychtobe likes this.
slutide is offline  
Old Mar 27, 2024, 6:32 pm
  #165  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 2,318
Major downgrade. I'm 70% likely to downgrade. The pp lounges in my home airports - Shanghai - have also deteriorated dramatically after covid.
SHLTP is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.