Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
The previous thread is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...20-2022-a.html

In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications became more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines (2 different biz cards), Southwest Airlines (2 different biz cards), Hyatt and IHG.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed. Review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ds-2023-a.html

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: The automated Status Line often shows no record of business card applications. This does NOT mean that there is a problem with your application. You will need to contact Chase to learn the status, or wait for Chase to contact you.

You can use a single Username on chase.com to manage both Business and Personal card accounts, but you will initially need to set them up separately, and then telephonically ask customer service to combine them by merging the Personal account into the Business account. It cannot be done the other way. Once personal account is merged to business account, if all business cards are closed while keeping one (or more) personal cards open, online access to all cards will terminate and a new personal (online) account will need to be created using a different username than previous personal account.

Update: It is possible now to link Business and Personal accounts online. First set them up separately, then log into the Business account and follow this click path: Icon at the top right that looks like a person -> Profile & Settings -> Account Settings -> Manage Linked Accounts. Then look for the "Link relationship" option for the personal accounts. For more information on linking accounts: How to link Chase personal and business accounts?

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (2023)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by sam007
Not exactly doing manufactured spend but I'm coming up 2k short on a 6k spend and wondering if 4 $500 costco gift cards will nullify the offer. If not, what's my bet strategy here? Thanks
I have done higher percentage of gift cards than 1/3, at staples, when working on a CIC SUB. It should not be a problem, but if you are nervous there are plenty of other things you can do. Prepay your electric bill, income taxes, real estate taxes, etc.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:27 am

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by Schnit
You clearly have your heart set on doing exactly that, so i am not really sure what your post is trying to figure out.

Long game vs short game are two very different things. I try my hardest to be cautious with a bank I want to maintain a relationship with. P1+P2 we currently have 19 Chase cards. We almost always get instant approval. Just because trying hard to avoid any red flags is important to me, doesn't mean my approach is correct.
It is simply establishing DP. You've elected to take longer period just to safe not identifying DP as far as I can tell.
Just because you have 19 cards doesn't necessarily reflect the cadence allowed for approval.
Primary reason I'm pushing to find DP is I have 3 large spends coming in next 3.5 months and would if possible like to do 1-2 more SUBs otherwise I would hold off.
All my other CC's have been 6months-2 years between except for the past 2.5 months Chase biz ink cards.
I only hold 6 cards total although had 100K SUB cc's as far back at 10 years ago.
Chase biz cards are not counting as 5/24 so there is some flexibility on this.
More accuracy I can get on DO then I ]'ll make my decision not your assumption that I;'m hard headed. You see to think everyone should go slow...I'm just researching the DP's to make a business decision.
a
Old Feb 6, 2023, 12:29 pm

I dont understand why the different approach for personal and business. Doesnt the reallocation work for both?
Because I literally have 5 plus times the personal credit as business credit with Chase and find they hand out personal credit ( at least to me as a SP with no legit business) MUCH easier

For example, my wife got a Hyatt personal and business in the past few weeks

The Business card was first and came with ( the minimum) to get approved $5k CL.

The personal was approved today with $31,600

My thoughts are that our next business cards may involve us moving credit from one business card to another whereas I can't see personal being an issue and lowering personal credit limits has always resulted in instant approval

YMMV
Old Feb 6, 2023, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Because I literally have 5 plus times the personal credit as business credit with Chase and find they hand out personal credit ( at least to me as a SP with no legit business) MUCH easier

For example, my wife got a Hyatt personal and business in the past few weeks

The Business card was first and came with ( the minimum) to get approved $5k CL.

The personal was approved today with $31,600

My thoughts are that our next business cards may involve us moving credit from one business card to another whereas I can't see personal being an issue and lowering personal credit limits has always resulted in instant approval

YMMV
Yeah, I now have more business credit than I ever thought I would get. Last year i sold one rental property and 2 months later bought another. While i was in between the cash sat in the LLC checking account. Gained well over 100k of business credit while the cash was there, between P1 and P2
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
You clearly have your heart set on doing exactly that, so i am not really sure what your post is trying to figure out.

Long game vs short game are two very different things. I try my hardest to be cautious with a bank I want to maintain a relationship with. P1+P2 we currently have 19 Chase cards. We almost always get instant approval. Just because trying hard to avoid any red flags is important to me, doesn't mean my approach is correct.
Very smart approach. I only keep 5-6 Chase personal cards at any given time and P2 has 3 personal card. Slowly accumulating biz cards now that the pandemic underwriting standards appear to have disappeared. I do 1 card per 3-6 months max which keeps me under 5/24 and within the good graces of Chase. No need to be greedy with tons of points in our accounts. I also have a good relationship with Chase including a JPM Reserve card and have no desire to jeopardize that.
thejesse likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 10:25 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Very smart approach. I only keep 5-6 Chase personal cards at any given time and P2 has 3 personal card. Slowly accumulating biz cards now that the pandemic underwriting standards appear to have disappeared. I do 1 card per 3-6 months max which keeps me under 5/24 and within the good graces of Chase. No need to be greedy with tons of points in our accounts. I also have a good relationship with Chase including a JPM Reserve card and have no desire to jeopardize that.
See you mixing slow boat poster who says every 6 months and now saying 3 months as long as 6 months.
Different datapoints for SUBsas officially for a card bonus Chase is every 2 years except the Sapphire products.which is 4 years.
How often you can have a CC is less time to get a card.

Some like to talk down an innovative approach approach to applications when the 6 month mark is in non-complaint.

Flyertalk has never been about absolute conformance in all rules to gain rewards which you see gift card buy/loading, Manufacture Spending, Fuel Dumps, so many other topics.
Seems some preach caution then don't follow the SUB bank rules religiously.

Last edited by euromannn; Feb 6, 2023 at 11:00 pm
Old Feb 8, 2023, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by charmed18
Yes, thank you both. I knew it is possible to hold multiple ink cards, but Schnit is correct, I am looking to PC and not open a second CIC card since I do want the CIP, but the SUB for the CIP is not as reachable for me (and I do want the CIP as well) compared to the CIC and CIU SUBs. Appreciate the information and confirmation!
Is there a wiki where these abbreviations are defined?
Old Feb 8, 2023, 7:51 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
CIC = Chase INK Cash
CIP = Chase INK Preferred
CIU = Chase INK Unlimited
Old Feb 8, 2023, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by charmed18
Yes, thank you both. I knew it is possible to hold multiple ink cards, but Schnit is correct, I am looking to PC and not open a second CIC card since I do want the CIP, but the SUB for the CIP is not as reachable for me (and I do want the CIP as well) compared to the CIC and CIU SUBs. Appreciate the information and confirmation!
What particular benefit does CIP standout? Thanks
Old Feb 8, 2023, 8:26 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by mia
CIC = Chase INK Cash
CIP = Chase INK Preferred
CIU = Chase INK Unlimited
You forgot Chase INK Premier
Old Feb 8, 2023, 8:47 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
You forgot Chase INK Premier
To my knowledge there is no commonly used acronym for Chase INK Premier because there is essentially no discussion of it outside this thread: Chase INK Business Premier
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by fei3030
What particular benefit does CIP standout? Thanks
For my situation, I believe a CIP is a better alternative for me than my current CSP. They both share the same annual fee and I primarily only use them for the ability to transfer my UR. The CIP has 3x on travel versus the CSP's 2x. Also, the CIP has cell phone insurance. I have the CFF for the 3x on dining and I hope to get the Ritz Carlton for primary travel insurance purposes.

Edit: I should add, I was originally considering the converting my CSP to CSR and the above set up works out to roughly the same annual fee and all around works much better for me.
Dr Jabadski and fei3030 like this.

Last edited by charmed18; Feb 8, 2023 at 9:58 am
Old Feb 19, 2023, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
Does anyone know the minimum credit limit for Hyatt Business CC?
Just in case anybody's interested, my data point is: I was able to get my credit limit down to $500 on the Hyatt Biz card. Of course, this is most likely YMMV.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 8:17 pm

Credit line question

P2 was just approved for an Ink 100K Business Preferred card but CL of only $5K (only current Biz card). The required spend is $15K in 3 months and I expect to be putting $13-15K on the card per month. Is there a way to increase the CL without an interrogation? Alternately, is there a problem with making multiple payments in a month?
Old Feb 19, 2023, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
If P2 has another biz card it is usually just a quick call and they are happy to reallocate credit from the other card. If this is the 1st card then your only choice may be to make mid-cycle payments. This should not be a problem so long as you are making legit charges and not MS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.