Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
The previous thread is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...20-2022-a.html

In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications became more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines (2 different biz cards), Southwest Airlines (2 different biz cards), Hyatt and IHG.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed. Review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ds-2023-a.html

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: The automated Status Line often shows no record of business card applications. This does NOT mean that there is a problem with your application. You will need to contact Chase to learn the status, or wait for Chase to contact you.

You can use a single Username on chase.com to manage both Business and Personal card accounts, but you will initially need to set them up separately, and then telephonically ask customer service to combine them by merging the Personal account into the Business account. It cannot be done the other way. Once personal account is merged to business account, if all business cards are closed while keeping one (or more) personal cards open, online access to all cards will terminate and a new personal (online) account will need to be created using a different username than previous personal account.

Update: It is possible now to link Business and Personal accounts online. First set them up separately, then log into the Business account and follow this click path: Icon at the top right that looks like a person -> Profile & Settings -> Account Settings -> Manage Linked Accounts. Then look for the "Link relationship" option for the personal accounts. For more information on linking accounts: How to link Chase personal and business accounts?

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (2023)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2023, 9:40 pm

Hi all,

I'm not sure if the rules differ between business cards versus personal cards, but does anyone know if it is possible to do product changes between ink cards? I currently have a CIC and would like to PC it to a CIP and then reapply for the CIC SUB. Is this doable?

Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2023, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by charmed18
Hi all,

I'm not sure if the rules differ between business cards versus personal cards, but does anyone know if it is possible to do product changes between ink cards? I currently have a CIC and would like to PC it to a CIP and then reapply for the CIC SUB. Is this doable?

Thanks!
Yes you can PC between them freely without a problem. Once you do, you can reapply.
charmed18 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Schnit
Yes you can PC between them freely without a problem. Once you do, you can reapply.
The first sentence is true. You can PC between Ink cards.

The second sentence makes it sound like you cannot get another of a card you already hold. Is this what you were implying? If so, it is not accurate. You can hold a CIC for example and get another CIC.
charmed18 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by g289t

The second sentence makes it sound like you cannot get another of a card you already hold. Is this what you were implying? If so, it is not accurate. You can hold a CIC for example and get another CIC.
Sounded like they were saying they wanted to product change either way and wanted to make sure they could reopen another CIC. I wasn't saying it to the exclusion of getting 2 CIC, I was just agreeing with their facts
g289t and charmed18 like this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by g289t

Yes, thank you both. I knew it is possible to hold multiple ink cards, but Schnit is correct, I am looking to PC and not open a second CIC card since I do want the CIP, but the SUB for the CIP is not as reachable for me (and I do want the CIP as well) compared to the CIC and CIU SUBs. Appreciate the information and confirmation!
Old Feb 2, 2023, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by charmed18
(and I do want the CIP as well)
OK this makes sense! A few months ago I did exactly the same thing. I PC'd my CIC to a CIP because I wanted the CIP (for transfer partner reasons) but I wasn't ready for its rather high MSR.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by euromannn
So your strategy is reduce your CL after getting the SUB since you will then apply for same biz a 2nd time?
Once the SUB is met and spending will be low in future no need to keep a high limit makes sense.
Unlike personal cards were I move all of our credit lines to about $2k after completing the spend I NEVER DECREASE credit lines on business cards, if I cancel a card I move the credit to a different card

If you need credit for a new card you can move lines around
Old Feb 5, 2023, 3:57 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Unlike personal cards were I move all of our credit lines to about $2k after completing the spend I NEVER DECREASE credit lines on business cards, if I cancel a card I move the credit to a different card

MY issue is CL in regard to being approved for new biz cards.
Currently I Chase Ink CIC - (NOV 22') - CL=$10k, $6K balance....slowly paying off in $2k increments/mo since 0%, 12 month offer.
Also have a Chase INK CIU - (Jan 23" n- CL=$10k , $6.5K balance slowly paying off in $2k increments/mo since 0%, 12 month offer.
SO my tentative plan is apply for 2nd CIC- Mar 1.....41 days after my last card CIU(Jan 23').
Conerns I have is the impact leaving a balance of 2 INK cards $12.5K total....and applying for CIC on Ma1.
I have 3 big payments coming up in Feb-April and wanted to get new SUB offers.
Several have been able to apply for multiple CIC solemn even in 24 hr period.....my issue is remaining balance owed when I apply and if I should drop the CL limits since my goal is new CIC and eventually a CIU Maybe Jul or Sept 23'
Old Feb 6, 2023, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512

I dont understand why the different approach for personal and business. Doesnt the reallocation work for both?
Old Feb 6, 2023, 9:55 am

Is this needed to get a 2nd CIC to do a PC to a CIP then apply for a 2nd CIC ?
Currently have a CIC - N0v 22',...and CIU Jan 23'...planning to apply for a 2nd CIC Mar 23' ( 69 days since 1st CIC, 41days since CIU).
Old Feb 6, 2023, 10:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
No. Please read posts 63-66 which discuss this exact question.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 10:11 am

Currently have a CIC - N0v 22',...and CIU Jan 23'...planning to apply for a 2nd CIC Mar 23' ( 69 days since 1st CIC, 41days since CIU).
In addition to Mia's response just be prepared with answering why you need a second, since you may be asked, especially in such a short time span. If its for a separate business thats a different story, thats easy to explain. Opening 3 cards within 3 months will probably require a manual review to approve it no matter what, unless you have tons of income on this business going to chase account
Old Feb 6, 2023, 10:35 am

In addition to Mia's response just be prepared with answering why you need a second, since you may be asked, especially in such a short time span. If its for a separate business thats a different story, thats easy to explain. Opening 3 cards within 3 months will probably require a manual review to approve it no matter what, unless you have tons of income on this business going to chase account
First, I did read 63-66 before I posted. Another web site(10X, UR ) recommend sequence from CIC-->CIU-->CIP then repeat CIC.
Reddit and UR have posts of 2 CIC's same day claiming even one hard pull. Many have claimed to have done consecutive CIC in 30+ wait with auto approval.
I was trying to get clarification and your personal experience for a DP if you knew it was required.
As for the 3 cards in 3 months....again other sites are recommending 30+ day interval not a restriction on 3 in 3 months for a manual review as a few have gone several cards beyond 3 waiting the 30+ day interval. all with approval they claim
If there has been a "recon" it had been to confirm business address info. versus verification of income/spend limits.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:18 am

First, I did read 63-66 before I posted. Another web site(10X, UR ) recommend sequence from CIC-->CIU-->CIP then repeat CIC.
Reddit and UR have posts of 2 CIC's same day claiming even one hard pull. Many have claimed to have done consecutive CIC in 30+ wait with auto approval.
I was trying to get clarification and your personal experience for a DP if you knew it was required.
As for the 3 cards in 3 months....again other sites are recommending 30+ day interval not a restriction on 3 in 3 months for a manual review as a few have gone several cards beyond 3 waiting the 30+ day interval. all with approval they claim
If there has been a "recon" it had been to confirm business address info. versus verification of income/spend limits.
You clearly have your heart set on doing exactly that, so i am not really sure what your post is trying to figure out.

Long game vs short game are two very different things. I try my hardest to be cautious with a bank I want to maintain a relationship with. P1+P2 we currently have 19 Chase cards. We almost always get instant approval. Just because trying hard to avoid any red flags is important to me, doesn't mean my approach is correct.
RNE and thejesse like this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:21 am

Not exactly doing manufactured spend but I'm coming up 2k short on a 6k spend and wondering if 4 $500 costco gift cards will nullify the offer. If not, what's my bet strategy here? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.