Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
The previous thread is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...20-2022-a.html

In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications became more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines (2 different biz cards), Southwest Airlines (2 different biz cards), Hyatt and IHG.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed. Review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ds-2023-a.html

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: The automated Status Line often shows no record of business card applications. This does NOT mean that there is a problem with your application. You will need to contact Chase to learn the status, or wait for Chase to contact you.

You can use a single Username on chase.com to manage both Business and Personal card accounts, but you will initially need to set them up separately, and then telephonically ask customer service to combine them by merging the Personal account into the Business account. It cannot be done the other way. Once personal account is merged to business account, if all business cards are closed while keeping one (or more) personal cards open, online access to all cards will terminate and a new personal (online) account will need to be created using a different username than previous personal account.

Update: It is possible now to link Business and Personal accounts online. First set them up separately, then log into the Business account and follow this click path: Icon at the top right that looks like a person -> Profile & Settings -> Account Settings -> Manage Linked Accounts. Then look for the "Link relationship" option for the personal accounts. For more information on linking accounts: How to link Chase personal and business accounts?

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (2023)

Old Jan 18, 2023, 5:13 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

A few posts have been moved to the thread linked below. Due to a technical fault the posters probably did not receive notifications.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ess-cards.html
Old Jan 20, 2023, 9:59 am

How common is it for Chase not to give you the status of an application through their site or business line? Referred my wife for the CIU card. She currently has a CIC and in her pre-approved offers had CIP. She applied, got the we need more time message, and no email was sent directly after the application. The website shows no application and when calling in it doesn't seem to be there either. There is a hard pull on her credit, so it def went through. She applied four business days ago and has not gotten an email update and is not seeing the card when logging into her Chase business account.

**Ended up calling in and they wanted to verify info as they said my SS# on the application was wrong. I put my EIN in the personal info part because (if I remember correctly) it said SS# or EIN. Though, when I put in my EIN it was trying to put dashes as if it was a social.

Last edited by Astrophsx; Jan 20, 2023 at 11:42 am
Old Jan 20, 2023, 11:37 am

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
If I applied for a CIU card last month, can I apply for another Chase biz card (thinking Hyatt Biz) this month or do I have to wait 3 months in between? I can reuse the same EIN or use my SSN this time. I'm under 5/24.

I am hoping to at least recoup some travel rewards from some unexpected expenses.
donasaur likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by happychic
If I applied for a CIU card last month, can I apply for another Chase biz card (thinking Hyatt Biz) this month or do I have to wait 3 months in between? I can reuse the same EIN or use my SSN this time. I'm under 5/24.

I am hoping to at least recoup some travel rewards from some unexpected expenses.
Chase doesn't have a "3 month rule". Waiting 30 days between biz apps is sound advice found in many posts on this forum. Good luck.
donasaur likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 10:29 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
...**Ended up calling in and they wanted to verify info as they said my SS# on the application was wrong. I put my EIN in the personal info part because (if I remember correctly) it said SS# or EIN. Though, when I put in my EIN it was trying to put dashes as if it was a social.
If you had selected the drop down for the EIN in the business section which is after the personal section it would change to a single dash after you tab past it. I saw the double dash myself until I tabbed on through the application.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 10:32 am

I had a first time experience. Got the usual, "need more time" message. Called to recon and was told too many cards or credit. Never had that before, I am only at 9 Chase cards and 157K revolving credit. That doesn't seem like a lot to me, but maybe it is.

I authorized a 5K c/l change but then after the rep gave me the third degree of questions, she did the approval then said it was going to secondary review.
HUCA, your overall credit limit is above the approval limit of the previous rep, you will receive a communication within one to two weeks. Hmmm? Thoughts?

Last edited by mia; Jan 24, 2023 at 1:10 pm Reason: Combine consecutive replies.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
II am only at 9 Chase cards and 157K revolving credit.
If you make 50k a year that sounds like a lot...if you make 1,000,000 it doesnt...so the info you gave is a little bit hard to draw a conclusion from

I authorized a 5K c/l change but then after the rep gave me the third degree of questions, she did the approval then said it was going to secondary review.
HUCA, your overall credit limit is above the approval limit of the previous rep, you will receive a communication within one to two weeks. Hmmm? Thoughts?
I dont think HUCA will work if you are waiting for a secondary review. My one time being sent to secondary review, it was approved in 2 days
Old Jan 25, 2023, 9:54 am

City National Bank gave me $200K on one card.
Citibank has give me a combined $250K
US Bank is over 200K on three cards
We don't even want to think about AMEX. If I add up all the different revolving accounts, the combined is well into the millions, so I think $157K requiring a secondary review is a little odd.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:06 am

City National Bank gave me $200K on one card.
Citibank has give me a combined $250K
US Bank is over 200K on three cards
We don't even want to think about AMEX. If I add up all the different revolving accounts, the combined is well into the millions, so I think $157K requiring a secondary review is a little odd.
They might also see the $1m in total available credit and question whether they want to offer you more, or are worried you might be a risk with so much credit. You never know
Old Jan 25, 2023, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Schnit
They might also see the $1m in total available credit and question whether they want to offer you more, or are worried you might be a risk with so much credit. You never know
If I have not abused it in several decades, that should say something.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 9:53 am
RNE

...$200K... $250K... 200K... well into the millions
Is your first name Elon?
Old Jan 26, 2023, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
Is your first name Elon?
I am pretty sure Elon has a million or more at a single bank, not over all the credit cards in his possession.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 9:04 am

I am pretty sure Elon has a million or more at a single bank, not over all the credit cards in his possession.
but does he have more points than David Portnoy? My guess is no. Maybe you give him a run for his money?
thejesse likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 2:44 pm

Hey MIA, there is no link to this thread in the 2022 thread. Reference your post that says follow this thread here: but there is no link after here.
mia likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 2:50 pm

IHG business was referred to review, today I found out why. They want proof of business EIN, proof of business address, and proof of business name. I think it is ridiculous since all of this was provided for the second business credit card I did and nothing has changed, yet here I am on my sixth business card and they ask again. I even did it from within my account so it is obviously linked, why can they not just see it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.