FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   5/24 count (may) now include Chase business cards? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2100480-5-24-count-may-now-include-chase-business-cards.html)

UserMark Nov 10, 2022 5:40 am

5/24 count (may) now include Chase business cards?

I was told this by two different reconsideration agents. They were adding up my 5/24 cards and insisted on counting the Chase business cards. Did anyone else run into this, or am I just unlucky?

Dr Jabadski Nov 10, 2022 7:29 am

Originally Posted by UserMark (Post 34747284)
5/24 count now incudes business ?
was told this by two different reconsideration agents. ... counting ... Chase business cards...

Hopefully just another situation of an agent giving erroneous information. Unfortunately an all too common occurrence. If it’s true we should hear MUCH more about it in short order as many people who are “under” 5/24 would be well above 5/24 if Chase biz cards are included.

Personally, I might find out for myself (just like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz) in about a month or so. I’m at 3/24 not including biz cards, 8/24 including Chase biz cards with a Chase personal application expected next month.

UserMark Nov 10, 2022 7:54 am

Only Chase business cards would matter. Chase doesn't know about any others.

mia Nov 10, 2022 9:19 am

When Chase first implemented the 5/24 policy, their own business cards did count. This policy was changed and Chase started tallying only accounts which appear on a personal credit report. They could change the policy again, and because 5/24 is not published the only way that we might verify is through anecdotal reports.

Dr Jabadski Nov 12, 2022 5:04 am

Originally Posted by rxgeek (Post 34751349)
The recon line said they count Chase biz cards. ...

(Quote above is from a different thread.)

Second report within a few days, might be a real concern.

mia Nov 12, 2022 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski (Post 34752223)
Second report within a few days, might be a real concern.

Maybe, but it also appears that Chase and other issuers are again paying more attention to Inquiries in addition to Accounts. These two measures can easily be conflated in a phone call or post, and business card applications have always generated personal credit Inquiries.

theplayer Nov 12, 2022 4:45 pm

wife approved 5 days ago for ink unlimited at 4/24, would have been 6/24 counting other Chase business cards.

UserMark Nov 12, 2022 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by theplayer (Post 34753612)
wife approved 5 days ago for ink unlimited at 4/24, would have been 6/24 counting other Chase business cards.

Automatically or reconsideration?

Dr Jabadski Nov 13, 2022 10:48 am

Sitting at FTU Signature Orange County right now. This subject was asked about and discussed briefly yesterday. The presenter, despite being the “Credit Card Editor” for a popular blog, did not have enough knowledge or experience to offer an opinion, none of the attendees offered an opinion. One attendee mentioned that he had 2 acquaintances who were recently approved for new Chase cards despite being well over 5/24.

theplayer Nov 14, 2022 8:41 am

Originally Posted by UserMark (Post 34753777)
Automatically or reconsideration?

auto

scubadu Nov 14, 2022 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski (Post 34755062)
<snip> The presenter, despite being the “Credit Card Editor” for a popular blog, did not have enough knowledge or experience to offer an opinion, none of the attendees offered an opinion.

That seems like a rather unfair characterization. As you are well aware, this possibility is a very, very recent development and none of us know if it's even real or not. Furthermore, given the entire 5/24 construct is basically undocumented by Chase, and can be changed at their whim, without any notification or communication whatsoever, I'm not sure how you would expect this individual to have any better information that we currently have right now.

Regards

Dr Jabadski Nov 14, 2022 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski (Post 34755062)
… the “Credit Card Editor” …

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 34757190)
… how you would expect this individual to have any better information that we currently have right now….

It’s reasonable to expect a professional to have the most recent up-to-date information, it’s their job. Would you want to attend a class or see a doctor where the professional did NOT have the most recent up-to-date information? I certainly expect a professional, who gets paid for presenting information (on the blog and at seminars) and should have access to industry personnel, to have more recent up-to-date information than a hobbyist.

rxgeek Nov 14, 2022 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by UserMark (Post 34747284)
I was told this by two different reconsideration agents. They were adding up my 5/24 cards and insisted on counting the Chase business cards. Did anyone else run into this, or am I just unlucky?

This was one of the reasons wife got her IHG business card denied after 2 calls to the recon line. The first denial letter mentioned 5/24 (she was at 4/24 with personal cards) but the second said two many cards and too much credit. On her second call she offered to lower CLs but was still denied.

Dr Jabadski Nov 15, 2022 4:15 am

Originally Posted by rxgeek (Post 34758452)
This was one of the reasons wife got her IHG business card denied after 2 calls to the recon line. The first denial letter mentioned 5/24 (she was at 4/24 with personal cards) but the second said two many cards and too much credit. On her second call she offered to lower CLs but was still denied.

Best I can tell, this is the same datapoint reported in post #5 above, not a third datapoint.

businessgoat101 Nov 16, 2022 4:43 pm

Your business credit should be separate from your personal credit.