Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

When do new earning/benefits begin after a product change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold

When doing a Product Change, the phone agent updates it in the system and the new card shows online and in the app right away. Do the new earning, multipliers, and benefits (for the new card product) begin at that point, or do you have to wait until you receive and activate the new physical card?
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ESpen36
Do the new earning, multipliers, and benefits (for the new card product) begin at that point, or do you have to wait until you receive and activate the new physical card?
In my limited experience, neither. The new earnings multipliers were backdated to the start of the statement period. For example (and I don't recall the exact dates), my Sapphire Reserve closed on the 10th. I requested a PC to Freedom Flex on the 30th. (This was a change from Visa to Mastercard.) My first FF statement started on the day after my last SR statement and every charge was treated as a FF charge. I don't know about benefits.
ESpen36 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by serpens
In my limited experience, neither. The new earnings multipliers were backdated to the start of the statement period. For example (and I don't recall the exact dates), my Sapphire Reserve closed on the 10th. I requested a PC to Freedom Flex on the 30th. (This was a change from Visa to Mastercard.) My first FF statement started on the day after my last SR statement and every charge was treated as a FF charge. I don't know about benefits.
Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 2022, 6:12 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
IME, at the phone call you requested the PC.
ESpen36 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.