Old Jan 16, 2022, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion from: JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JP Morgan Reserve VISA Infinite

Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by exigence
I established with private banking and received this card after no response (Chase, not JPM proper) prior to that relationship as in earlier posts.

No experience with the original but would also say the current card is pleasantly understated yet clearly "something" to someone paying a little attention. I prefer it that way.
Did you open a Chase Private Client Account at a Chase branch?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: Amex MR; Chase UR
Originally Posted by SteveT
Did you open a Chase Private Client Account at a Chase branch?
All a long story, but no, I did not get this card through CPC. Chase staff got me pointed in the right direction, perhaps with some luck and knowledgeable staff. I understand that there is often confusion between CPC and PB (and I don't know if PCD is still a thing) - I also understand that there apparently is a minority of people out there who got the card through CPC. More power to them, I guess.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
New cards arrived in the post yesterday. Now I understand what people were discussing earlier about the aesthetics of the new cards with the tap-to-pay feature. I think they look cheaper, but I'm glad they are not as heavy, and I'm glad they're more understated. Will also be useful to have the tap-to-pay feature here in Europe
Old Jun 7, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by exigence
All a long story, but no, I did not get this card through CPC. Chase staff got me pointed in the right direction, perhaps with some luck and knowledgeable staff. I understand that there is often confusion between CPC and PB (and I don't know if PCD is still a thing) - I also understand that there apparently is a minority of people out there who got the card through CPC. More power to them, I guess.
So you are with PB? Another channel?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by 747FC
So you are with PB? Another channel?
Yes to PB.
747FC likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Just had the first vendor to comment on my new card. A small butcher / grocer in a remote Canadian town questioned whether the card was actually a credit card
Dr_wanderlust likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 10:29 am

Curiosity got the best of me and I requested a new card. It’s definitely more understated which is helpful, the old one was attention grabbing in a way that wasn’t always beneficial. Still very classy. 747FC it must have been a very rural town indeed
SPN Lifer and 747FC like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:24 pm

Hi Guys,

Is there any thing fresh with this card or a reminder on why i should keep it? I feel like the gap between the sapphire and the Amex plat just keep getting smaller and smaller …

yes, still have the UC membership and travel credit… but yah…feels lackluster.. and I miss the old card , even the palladium card ..
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by jpmpalladiumtoreserve
Hi Guys,

Is there any thing fresh with this card or a reminder on why i should keep it? I feel like the gap between the sapphire and the Amex plat just keep getting smaller and smaller …

yes, still have the UC membership and travel credit… but yah…feels lackluster.. and I miss the old card , even the palladium card ..
The AmEx Plat has turned into a coupon book at $700/yr.

And the Reserve has a net fee of $150 after the travel credit which is mind-boggling easy to use, and that's excluding the $650 UA club membership, the hidden trade line, the 3x on travel/dining, the 1.5cpp on redemptions, and the all around better travel protections (though the return protection/warranty stuff is obviously better on the Plat).
747FC and Milwaukee like this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:49 am

Can we just start a petition of cardholder to convince JPMC to change back to the original card? Either using that technique someone posted a while back, or even putting plastic on the back, but not the front? I have my card until 8/25, but my wife's card is one of the new ones, and I hate it.

Also someone mentioned peeling the front and back off the new card... would it be possible to just paste those on to one of your old PDs or JPMR cards? Wouldn't have the feel, but would have the weight
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by thexfactor

And the Reserve has a net fee of $150 after the travel credit which is mind-boggling easy to use, and that's excluding the $650 UA club membership, the hidden trade line, the 3x on travel/dining, the 1.5cpp on redemptions, and the all around better travel protections (though the return protection/warranty stuff is obviously better on the Plat).
Agreed. It is basically a CSR with the UC membership. If you use live in a UA hub or use UC even a few times a year it is a no-brainer to keep the JPM-R. Otherwise it is basically the same choice as whether to retain CSR.

The Amex Plat coupon book is a PITA and IMO not worth keeping unless you can use the lounges. Unfortunately there is always a long line at SFO Amex lounge, so I am leaning to cancelling it even though I can get positive value after paying AF.

At a certain point it is just not worth jumping through too many hoops to offset the AFs. The best cards are the ones that make it easy.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 12:12 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
I like the JPMC UR network and like the JPMR and of course would like more benefits but it's still the best plan to have one, and I do mostly like United even though I'm not in a hub city.

While if JPM really wanted to make an amazing program for high-valued clients they would wrap it in one card with all the benefits for the sum of AF, I use:
  • JPMR for Travel & Meals
  • Chase Ink Business Cash ($0 AF) for Business Purchases 5x Office Supply & Utilities
  • Chase Freedom ($0 AF) for 5x rotating categories (if I think of it)
  • Chase Freedom Unlimited ($0 AF) for 1.5x for everything else
I use Chase's Amazon card for Amazon (5%) and Citi's Costco for Gas (4%) and Costco and AmEx Blue Preferred for Streaming (6%).
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by thexfactor

Agree that the JPMR is a great card, but as a small comment, I've been told multiple times by multiple JPM CS staff that it is not currently a hidden tradeline. I know some here have never seen it report, so I don't know, but that's what they said to me.

Anecdotally, my last purchase/warranty interactions with American Express were subpar compared to the past, making me wonder if the superior JPM customer service in conjunction with the Visa Infinite benefits may not be equal or better.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 1:23 pm

Hey everyone just got approved for the card (existing JPM PB customer ditching my Platinum it's just too much of a pain).

During my application process I saw nothing about the United Club membership. Is this no longer a thing or is it something I have to call in an and ask for. My PB team seemed to not know anything about the card except the one pager that didn't mention UA club access so am I out of luck for that benefit?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by chrispytoast123
Hey everyone just got approved for the card (existing JPM PB customer ditching my Platinum it's just too much of a pain).

During my application process I saw nothing about the United Club membership. Is this no longer a thing or is it something I have to call in an and ask for. My PB team seemed to not know anything about the card except the one pager that didn't mention UA club access so am I out of luck for that benefit?
still there, just call number on back of card and they’ll sort you 👍

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.