Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton VISA Infinite. Available by PC from Bountiful/Boundless. Refreshed 09.22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
The Ritz-Carlton Rewards VISA Infinite card was closed for applications in July 2018. The only way to obtain the Ritz card now is to Product Change from a Chase Bonvoy Bountiful or Boundless card, which must be open for a full year to be eligible for Product Change. Upgrades from free Chase Bonvoy Bold will not succeed UNLESS (a) the Bold card was obtained as a downgrade from another Chase Bonvoy card, (b) Or if you convert Bold to Boundless or Bountiful before switching once more to Ritz-Carlton within a few days of the product change (reports here)

Previous thread is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...16-2021-a.html

Ritz card information still available on the Chase SITE.

Feature Summary:
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 Marriott points per dollar at Marriott properties, including former Starwood and Ritz-Carltons.
  • 3 Marriott points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 Marriott points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 85,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals." This does not happen automatically. It must be requested by phone or by private message.
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night. Use code Z34 to check for price; Z38 is club upgrade code and can only be booked by phone
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

AS upgrades from coach to premium coach or first work.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton VISA Infinite. Available by PC from Bountiful/Boundless. Refreshed 09.22

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2022, 12:22 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
They are definitely now giving issues in upgrading or product changing to RC now.
I wonder if Marriott is trying to shut down this loophole.

LAX
Old Jul 18, 2022, 2:03 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by LAX
I wonder if Marriott is trying to shut down this loophole.
It's not a loophole. It was a term (product) Chase negotiated when Amex signed its deal to offer Marriott credit cards. Amex exclusively can offer the "premium" Marriott credit card to new accounts. Chase can continue to offer the R-C Visa Infinite to its existing cardholders and PC existing Chase Marriott Visa accounts to it.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Anyone out there that could attempt a RC product change? That would give us some more data points.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by diesteldorf (Post # 111)
I think the Ritz card may even predate the Marriott purchase of SPG.
Most assuredly. I had mine from 2015 to 2017.

This lengthy thread in the Chase forum dates from 2012 (to 2015).

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

And this three-post thread from 2011.

New: Ritz-Carlton Card (Amex Plat competition?)

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Jul 20, 2022 at 5:06 am
Old Jul 25, 2022, 7:31 pm

I would just like to PC my bold to RC
Old Jul 25, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
They are definitely now giving issues in upgrading or product changing to RC now
Anyone out there that could attempt a RC product change? That would give us some more data points.
Have you tried calling more than once? Just curious if you are getting a consistent response from Chase.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onetouchpass
DP on the travel credit: Credited for my QR award fees
Are all award fees eligible?
Old Jul 28, 2022, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Were you able to PC to RC?
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by TerryK
Are all award fees eligible?
I mean, technically no award fees are eligible. But things like seat selection/upgrade fees are considered incidentals
Old Jul 29, 2022, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Were you able to PC to RC?
Not yet, but I will keep trying.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Have you tried calling more than once? Just curious if you are getting a consistent response from Chase.
I will keep trying and post an update next week.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 12:29 pm

Not yet, but I will keep trying.
Have you tried asking through SM?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cuthroat
It hasn't been possible to PC a card thru SM in at least a couple years. This dates it back to a change in 2018: https://frequentmiler.com/chase-stop...ecure-message/
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by cuthroat
SM?
Old Aug 2, 2022, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
It hasn't been possible to PC a card thru SM in at least a couple years. This dates it back to a change in 2018: https://frequentmiler.com/chase-stop...ecure-message/
Oh, Secure Messenger. I have not, and not seen a way to do it on there either. Other than general message.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.