Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton VISA Infinite. Available by PC from Bountiful/Boundless. Refreshed 09.22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
The Ritz-Carlton Rewards VISA Infinite card was closed for applications in July 2018. The only way to obtain the Ritz card now is to Product Change from a Chase Bonvoy Bountiful or Boundless card, which must be open for a full year to be eligible for Product Change. Upgrades from free Chase Bonvoy Bold will not succeed UNLESS (a) the Bold card was obtained as a downgrade from another Chase Bonvoy card, (b) Or if you convert Bold to Boundless or Bountiful before switching once more to Ritz-Carlton within a few days of the product change (reports here)

Previous thread is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...16-2021-a.html

Ritz card information still available on the Chase SITE.

Feature Summary:
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 Marriott points per dollar at Marriott properties, including former Starwood and Ritz-Carltons.
  • 3 Marriott points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 Marriott points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 85,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals." This does not happen automatically. It must be requested by phone or by private message.
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night. Use code Z34 to check for price; Z38 is club upgrade code and can only be booked by phone
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

AS upgrades from coach to premium coach or first work.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton VISA Infinite. Available by PC from Bountiful/Boundless. Refreshed 09.22

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2022, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Chase lounges will also be Priority Pass lounges, and the Ritz card includes a Priority Pass membership.
Thanks for pointing that out, but I am concerned that Chase could abandon Priority Pass in the future. I'm not complaining, but I think Chase would be better served by making Chase lounges exclusive for Chase credit cards, like Capital One and Amex are doing. There really isn't any incentive to hold a Chase card for Chase lounge access.
mroseman13 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
My hope would be that Chase also includes Ritz holders for lounge access, if they are seriously looking to challenge Amex in a few years.
Originally Posted by mia
Chase lounges will also be Priority Pass lounges, and the Ritz card includes a Priority Pass membership.
I'd wager that the Ritz Carlton Card and perhaps other high fee Chase cards (JPM Reserve, maybe even UA Club) will enjoy Chase lounge access if the branded lounges ever restrict or terminate Priority Pass participation.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Any signs or hopes that the RC 50k certificates will be extending after June 30?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:02 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nk15
Any signs or hopes that the RC 50k certificates will be extending after June 30?
I would say zero chance. For the most part travel is open. No competitive pressure, and the expiration is in 3 weeks.

Currently at Le Meridien Maldives for 8 nights on a mix of 35k, 40k, 50k certs from 2019 onward, was confident they would not go any further than June.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:39 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
any updates on this ? Any successful application stories from RC cc holders?

are RC offered the instacart 12 month membership offers floating around?

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
I am keeping my Ritz because it essentially gives all the benefits of the CSR, at a cheaper cost, offers unlimited authorized users with Priority Pass, and a travel credit and free night which can easily offset the $450.00 fee.

You bring up an interesting point. I looked at the Marriott Boundless bonus terms and saw this:5 Free Night Award E-Certificates After You Spend $5,000 On Purchases In The First 3 Months From Account Opening: Eligibility for this product: The product is not available to either:
  • current cardmembers of the Marriott Bonvoy® Premier credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier), Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus), Marriott Bonvoy Bold® credit card, or
  • previous cardmembers of the Marriott Bonvoy® Premier credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier), Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus), or Marriott Bonvoy Bold® credit card, who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 24 months.
The Ritz card isn't even mentioned. It's possible Chase just forgot, since this card hasn't been available to new apps for almost 4 years. However, it seems like downgrading the Ritz to the Bold or Boundless would automatically disqualify you, but, since the Ritz isn't mentioned, your best bet may be to apply for a new Marriott Boundless, though I would also take screenshots of the terms and conditions, since you may have to fight after the fact...."Oh...we forgot to include the Ritz card...no bonus for you..."

My hope would be that Chase also includes Ritz holders for lounge access, if they are seriously looking to challenge Amex in a few years. I don't have any reason to open a new CSR, or CSP, at this time, but I'm not counting on it.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:00 pm

Earlier threads noted that the annual fee could be avoided if your credit limit was reduced to $1,500 (AF couldn't be higher than a % of the CL). Is this still a thing?
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:05 am

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by frank_10b
any updates on this ? Any successful application stories from RC cc holders?

are RC offered the instacart 12 month membership offers floating around?
If you downgrade the Ritz card can you upgrade it back at some future point? Got the Cap 1 Venture X and don't need two Priority Pass memberships.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:13 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by rj123456
If you downgrade the Ritz card can you upgrade it back at some future point? Got the Cap 1 Venture X and don't need two Priority Pass memberships.
but that complicates the 50k certificate if that matters...
Old Jun 18, 2022, 1:35 am

Complicates 50K cert?

Originally Posted by frank_10b
but that complicates the 50k certificate if that matters...
That's cryptic Please tell me more, if appropriate via DM. I'm assuming if you go back to the Ritz and pay the AF they will issue a 50K cert. Are you referring to the existing one from the current Ritz card, assuming it is unused and sitting in my Bonvoy account?
Old Jun 19, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
They are definitely now giving issues in upgrading or product changing to RC now.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 1:23 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
They are definitely now giving issues in upgrading or product changing to RC now.
Please be more specific.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Please be more specific.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
what card are you trying to upgrade from?
Old Jul 17, 2022, 6:34 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by tanlee07
what card are you trying to upgrade from?
There are more details in this post, in another thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34405550-post868.html
Old Jul 17, 2022, 4:55 pm

Is the Marriott Bold the only available card to downgrade from the Ritz card ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.