Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton VISA Infinite. Available by PC from Bountiful/Boundless. Refreshed 09.22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
The Ritz-Carlton Rewards VISA Infinite card was closed for applications in July 2018. The only way to obtain the Ritz card now is to Product Change from a Chase Bonvoy Bountiful or Boundless card, which must be open for a full year to be eligible for Product Change. Upgrades from free Chase Bonvoy Bold will not succeed UNLESS (a) the Bold card was obtained as a downgrade from another Chase Bonvoy card, (b) Or if you convert Bold to Boundless or Bountiful before switching once more to Ritz-Carlton within a few days of the product change (reports here)

Previous thread is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...16-2021-a.html

Ritz card information still available on the Chase SITE.

Feature Summary:
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 Marriott points per dollar at Marriott properties, including former Starwood and Ritz-Carltons.
  • 3 Marriott points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 Marriott points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 85,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals." This does not happen automatically. It must be requested by phone or by private message.
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night. Use code Z34 to check for price; Z38 is club upgrade code and can only be booked by phone
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

AS upgrades from coach to premium coach or first work.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton VISA Infinite. Available by PC from Bountiful/Boundless. Refreshed 09.22

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by nk15
Does anyone know what happens to the travel credit if a reimbursed purchase gets refunded? Do they take the credit back, and can you re-use it?
They generally do not take it back.
nk15 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Adam1222
They generally do not take it back.
Is there a chance or DPs that if they take it back you cannot re-use it? In which case you can perhaps ask the airline to make it travel credit...
Old Apr 4, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by nk15
Is there a chance or DPs that if they take it back you cannot re-use it? In which case you can perhaps ask the airline to make it travel credit...
This benefit is not valid for ticket purchases that could be converted into an airline credit, but rather only auxiliary fees. The reason some people have been able to get around that is because this a *manual* credit. There is nothing automatic about how it works. Unless some random Chase CS agent is monitoring your account (which maybe happens if you engage in abuse), no one would know your purchase was refunded.
I am unaware of anyone ever reporting a credit being "taken back."
nk15 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: *A
I've had credit clawed back. Haven't retried yet, but don't see why I won't be able to reuse.
nk15 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 7:57 pm

I've always used the Ritz credit on SW gift cards with no issues for many years. This year, I'd like to use it toward taxes/fees on an BA award flight ($450 for 4 award tickets). Any DPs? Can I say it was to upgrade to first class?
Old Apr 10, 2022, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SudOvest
I've always used the Ritz credit on SW gift cards with no issues for many years. This year, I'd like to use it toward taxes/fees on an BA award flight ($450 for 4 award tickets). Any DPs? Can I say it was to upgrade to first class?
I mean you can say whatever you want. I usually go with baggage fees. It's vague but understandable enough.

IME the offshored customer service agents that handle this if you do it via message on the website don't really care. It probably will pass muster more if its a round number but I've never had a charge denied. I recently passed off a partial payment on a ticket and a couple of basic economy to regular economy co-pays as various baggage and seat assignment fees (not on BA, just as an example).
tassojunior likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 11:07 pm

Heads up that if you have signed up for the Q2 Quarterly Bonus Points Promo for this credit card, though the bonus points show up in the Chase statement, the bonus points are not posting to the Marriott account so make sure to check your Marriott statement for the bonus points and contact Chase if the bonus points have not posted. I faced the exact same issue (and so did others) with Chase's Q1 Bonus Points Promo for the BA and Ritz-Carlton credit cards in Q1 and Chase resolved it and had the missing bonus points post to both the programs. This quarter however I am being given the runaround despite multiple message attempts with Chase.

The offer for Q2 is, "Through June 30, you're earning 10 total points on Marriott purchases and 5 total points on all other travel purchases and at gas stations and grocery stores for every $1 you spend on up to $1,500 in combined purchases with your Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card.*" You can access the offer at https://www.chase.com/mybonus
Old May 26, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: Lotz
on the Chase "Benefits of your card" for RC, I'm not seeing Priority Club listed. Must be an oversite as I just had PC help me set up my digital card with an 18-month expiration.
Old May 26, 2022, 9:24 am

Priority Pass is also mentioned here, https://creditcards.chase.com/marrio...rlton/benefits . Click Benefits->Services Then click the right arrow to Important Links for Other Travel Benefits
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Is this still available to UG/PC from Chase Marriott card? I recently called Chase, but they said not available anymore... Should HUCA?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
Is this still available to UG/PC from Chase Marriott card? I recently called Chase, but they said not available anymore... Should HUCA?
HUCA. First agent I talked to wasn't aware until I told her.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 11:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I mean you can say whatever you want. I usually go with baggage fees. It's vague but understandable enough.

IME the offshored customer service agents that handle this if you do it via message on the website don't really care. It probably will pass muster more if its a round number but I've never had a charge denied. I recently passed off a partial payment on a ticket and a couple of basic economy to regular economy co-pays as various baggage and seat assignment fees (not on BA, just as an example).
Strangely I have never received any of the Ritz card travel credits via secure message. I always seem to get the reply to call (and the phone folks have been pretty generous with giving me the credits, including a retro credit into 2021 done in Jan 2022).
Old Jun 2, 2022, 11:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
I don't think there is any such "Chase Marriott card". It's either the Boundless ($95AF) or the Bold ($0 AF).

Question: Can the Ritz card be downgraded to either? I'm tempted to downgrade to the Bold for now and apply for the $95 AF Boundless with the newly introduced 5x 50K certificates offer.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by rj123456
I don't think there is any such "Chase Marriott card". It's either the Boundless ($95AF) or the Bold ($0 AF).

Question: Can the Ritz card be downgraded to either? I'm tempted to downgrade to the Bold for now and apply for the $95 AF Boundless with the newly introduced 5x 50K certificates offer.
I am keeping my Ritz because it essentially gives all the benefits of the CSR, at a cheaper cost, offers unlimited authorized users with Priority Pass, and a travel credit and free night which can easily offset the $450.00 fee.

You bring up an interesting point. I looked at the Marriott Boundless bonus terms and saw this:5 Free Night Award E-Certificates After You Spend $5,000 On Purchases In The First 3 Months From Account Opening: Eligibility for this product: The product is not available to either:
  • current cardmembers of the Marriott Bonvoy® Premier credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier), Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus), Marriott Bonvoy Bold® credit card, or
  • previous cardmembers of the Marriott Bonvoy® Premier credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier), Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus), or Marriott Bonvoy Bold® credit card, who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 24 months.
The Ritz card isn't even mentioned. It's possible Chase just forgot, since this card hasn't been available to new apps for almost 4 years. However, it seems like downgrading the Ritz to the Bold or Boundless would automatically disqualify you, but, since the Ritz isn't mentioned, your best bet may be to apply for a new Marriott Boundless, though I would also take screenshots of the terms and conditions, since you may have to fight after the fact...."Oh...we forgot to include the Ritz card...no bonus for you..."

My hope would be that Chase also includes Ritz holders for lounge access, if they are seriously looking to challenge Amex in a few years. I don't have any reason to open a new CSR, or CSP, at this time, but I'm not counting on it.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
My hope would be that Chase also includes Ritz holders for lounge access,....
Chase lounges will also be Priority Pass lounges, and the Ritz card includes a Priority Pass membership.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.