Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton VISA Infinite. Only available by PC from Boundless card. Refresh 09.2022

Ritz-Carlton VISA Infinite. Only available by PC from Boundless card. Refresh 09.2022

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 25, 22, 5:47 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Polytonic
Wiki Link
The Ritz-Carlton Rewards VISA Infinite card was closed for applications in July 2018. The only way to obtain the Ritz card now is to Product Change from a Chase Marriott personal card, which must be open for a full year to be eligible for Product Change.

Previous thread is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...16-2021-a.html

Ritz card information still available on the Chase SITE.

Feature Summary:
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 Marriott points per dollar at Marriott properties, including former Starwood and Ritz-Carltons.
  • 3 Marriott points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 Marriott points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 85,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals." This does not happen automatically. It must be requested by phone or by private message.
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night. Use code Z34 to check for price; Z38 is club upgrade code and can only be booked by phone
  • Troon Rewards and PRIV ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

AS upgrades from coach to premium coach or first work.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Old Sep 9, 22, 4:36 pm

Just product changed to Ritz Card. Quick question for the travel credit and using SM. Do you just go into app and under drop down for secure message select I have a question about one of my accounts and then ask for a specific charge to be credited? Thanks
Old Sep 11, 22, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AC 50K, Hyatt Ist-iest, Starriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Uacat7 View Post
Jo you just go into app and under drop down for secure message select I have a question about one of my accounts and then ask for a specific charge to be credited?
Yeah I always just select 'account inquiry' and then in the message say what charges to credit back. Reminds me, I have a couple things I need to get reimbursed for.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 22, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by LAX View Post
Sorry if you already mentioned this up thread. Chase won't upgrade your Bold to Ritz and is that the reason you wanted to apply for the Boundless?

LAX
That is the whole reason. I applied for Bold (they said it would be upgradeable after 1 year) after 1 year I was told many call back reasons until I was told that it had to be Boundless, not Bold. Now I cannot get Boundless and they will not PC Bold to Boundless or RC.
Old Sep 12, 22, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler View Post
That is the whole reason. I applied for Bold (they said it would be upgradeable after 1 year) after 1 year I was told many call back reasons until I was told that it had to be Boundless, not Bold. Now I cannot get Boundless and they will not PC Bold to Boundless or RC.
They wont PC Bold to Boundless?
Old Sep 12, 22, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler View Post
Originally Posted by Schnit View Post
They wont PC Bold to Boundless?
I also thought that was odd, though Chase may be trying to push people to upgrade the Bold to the rumored Marriott card that Chase may be launching in a few months.....Still, I don't think it would hurt to call back and speak to someone else.

Good Luck.
Old Sep 22, 22, 5:37 am

Some good news along with the new card releases. Looks like the Ritz Carlton Card will get a 85k FNA up from 50k to coincide with the Bonvoy Brilliant upgrade.

No other changes as it seems like the AF is staying at $450, compared to the Brilliant which increased to $650. The change is being reflected on the Chase Ritz Carlton Credit Card terms and conditions near the bottom of the page here.

https://creditcards.chase.com/marrio...rlton/benefits

Old Sep 22, 22, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by EccentricINTJ View Post
Some good news along with the new card releases. Looks like the Ritz Carlton Card will get a 85k FNA up from 50k to coincide with the Bonvoy Brilliant upgrade.

No other changes as it seems like the AF is staying at $450, compared to the Brilliant which increased to $650. The change is being reflected on the Chase Ritz Carlton Credit Card terms and conditions near the bottom of the page here.

Interesting if the AF does remain at 450. I see the elite night credits stay at 15 with the RC Card versus the 25 from the Brilliant so maybe thats the reason it will stay at $450. RC card is an great value if so!
Old Sep 22, 22, 7:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
I wonder if AF stays at $450 because card is "closed to public". Anyways this makes ritz cc much more valuable! Any mention regarding the $300 travel credit? I am assuming that it is still there. Can't wait. I get my free nt cert in Nov!
Old Sep 22, 22, 7:06 am

Programs: Marriott Titantium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver
My amex Brilliant had an anniversary last month, so this should be the month the certificate is issued. Looks like the change to 85k certificates couldn't have come at a better time.
Old Sep 22, 22, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Werty7777 View Post
Interesting if the AF does remain at 450. I see the elite night credits stay at 15 with the RC Card versus the 25 from the Brilliant so maybe that’s the “reason” it will stay at $450. RC card is an great value if so!
I would have preferred the 10 extra EQN credits over a 35k higher FNA, but hey, can't complain at $450!
left_arm likes this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 7:42 am

I feel like maybe they just forgot and we should shut up about it.
diesteldorf and cuthroat like this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by left_arm View Post
My amex Brilliant had an anniversary last month, so this should be the month the certificate is issued. Looks like the change to 85k certificates couldn't have come at a better time.
I'm in the same boat, but are you sure we'll get the new certs for the brilliant? Old annual fee and old hotel credit was applied to my account, so I'm expecting the old cert too

No free platinum on the Ritz, just the higher annual night correct?
Old Sep 22, 22, 10:27 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by EccentricINTJ View Post

This is great, wish my 50K cert didn't just drop a few days ago! My AF stayed at $395 so I do wonder if it'll go up this time.
Old Sep 22, 22, 10:29 am

Does anyone remember what was the annual fee of the Ritz-Carlton credit card before it was increased to $450? When the did the $450 change happen? For those grandfathered under the old AF, this would be brilliant.
Old Sep 22, 22, 10:59 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by Werty7777 View Post
Interesting if the AF does remain at 450. I see the elite night credits stay at 15 with the RC Card versus the 25 from the Brilliant so maybe thats the reason it will stay at $450. RC card is an great value if so!
Originally Posted by rrgg View Post
I feel like maybe they just forgot and we should shut up about it.
I'd take an increased fee if automatic Platinum status comes along too...

Search this Thread