Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] Chase GoPuff $10 Monthly Credit through 12/31/23

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

I didn't see this posted earlier.

https://gopuff.com/go/chase

https://www.cnbc.com/select/chase-ca...enefit-10-off/

This officially begins this month and lasts until December 31, 2023.

If you have multiple Chase cards, each one qualifies for the benefit. Realistically, I'm sure breakage may be high, because, unlike the $60.00 Doordash credit, the GoPuff $10.00 monthly credit can only be used on orders of $10.95 and above, before tip.

I did some price checking and a small package of cookies is around $5.00. If I order 2 packs for $10 + $1.95 delivery fee and tip, it almost defeats any potential savings, and, of course, you still need to spend time waiting for the delivery person.

Gift card purchases are excluded in the terms, but I haven't tested it to see if credits still post.

Has anyone used GoPuff previously?

The Freedom, Flex, and Freedom Unlimited, all qualify, so I do commend Chase for offering this perk on its no annual fee cards and not just ones that may have higher annual fees.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Has anyone used GoPuff previously?
I'll be honest, I never heard of GoPuff before this announcement. It's like they took the Amex Plat's monthly Walmart+ credit and thought, Walmart's too mainstream, lets find a service almost nobody's heard of!
Old Nov 18, 2021, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I tried to figure out something worthwhile here. Not really my products to begin with, but I could make some work, but once you add in the fees and the tip, seems like a pass.

I'll bet GoPuff is picking up $8 or more of each $10 discount here.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 4:56 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
GoPuff isn’t even available where I live.
cuthroat likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 10:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Just checked it out. Doubt I will ever use this except for "unexpectedly ran out of ____" , but even in that case would probably opt for Amazon Fresh.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
So I finally gave this a try this afternoon. Have been looking for the right opportunity that makes sense. And I just found it.

i have been looking to get some at home COVID tests, and can’t find them anywhere - anyone who says they have them in their website doesn’t. GoPuff said out of stock, but used the ‘notify me’ when available option a couple of days ago, and got a notification this afternoon that QuickVue became available, so I thought I’d try it. Added a couple to the cart, plus a pint of ice cream (which is free (along with delivery) via a separate T-Mobile promo code - I believe there’s a new product type free every month through them). Ordered it and was at my door in 2 minutes.

TPG article on GoPuff talks about it being ‘competitive’ with grocery, but here in East Bay, seems more along the higher end of grocery - more in line with 7-11/C-store. But for the COVID tests, it was the same price as everywhere I’ve seen it ($23.99). And the ‘notify me’ feature worked - best way to get this particular product. Ordered, and was at my door 12 minutes from when I placed my order. So it worked well, also. I wouldn’t use it for regular shopping - I will say they don’t have the same selection as, say, Safeway out here - but the service worked well. In a pinch for stuff you need quickly and don’t want to leave the house for, seems like it could work well. I have not directly compared to say, what you’d pay for convenience/grocery delivery via DoorDash or Uber, but seemed to compare positively to that. And with the Chase credits - seem that it could work out well - We’ve got 5 Chase cards that qualify, so if we were to order once a week (though doubtful we’d use it that much), we’d be able to get the discount everytime.

i used my Freedom Unlimited for this order. I was going to use It via Apple Pay, but the terms of the credit suggest it won’t apply if it is used through a mobile wallet (and specifically calls out ApplePay/GooglePay) - but I’d be interested to hear if it worked via ApplePay for anyone else.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 5:38 pm

I used Apple Pay by mistake and got the credit
emcampbe likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by happy10345
I used Apple Pay by mistake and got the credit
Good to know. Maybe I'll see if that works next time. I know Amex says the same thing with their offers (excludes mobile wallet) and credits, but seems to work. I found that one out by accident too, before I realized it said that, and I had already charged my NYT subscription via ApplePay.

I now see the change on my account is pending as 'BEVERAGES & MORE, INC.', which I'm pretty sure is BevMo, a liquor store out here that GoPuff bought last year. Wondering if the final charge posts this way, if I should be concerned the credit will go through automatically. I bought directly in the GoPuff app, and if it makes a difference, didn't buy any beverages (alcoholic or not). Anyone seen it post like this and still get the credit without follow up?
Old Dec 25, 2021, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone with experience on how long it takes for the credit to post? Is there a notification when an eligible transaction is made?

My first order posted on my Freedom Unlimited on Dec. 22, posted as ‘Beverages & More’ (ie, BevMo) in East Bay, and no credit yet. Today I’m in SF and did another order to my Flex - I’ve got a pending charge of $0 from adding the card to my profile (I think). The actual order, I assume based on the localized fulfillment center, again posted as ‘Beverages and More’.

i unfortunately suspect neither of these credits will come automatically, and I’ll have to send messages in to inquire. If this is the norm, definitely too much of a pain to use regularly.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Looks like between my wife and myself we have nine eligible cards. And no GoPuff in our town.

Maybe I’ll remember to try it when we visit friends/family living in one of their market.

BTW, interesting company name. Wonder if they will expand into German-speaking countries where Puff is slang for brothel.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 11:09 pm

it posts automatically
Old Dec 27, 2021, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VaguelyAsian
it posts automatically
I understand that it should post automatically.

I'm wondering given the charge showing on my cards as 'Beverages & More', if it will. Like I said, my first time with this was Dec. 22 and I've not seen a credit yet - I know typically, say, travel credits (from CSR) post pretty immediately after posting, and offers post pretty soon after the confirmation that you've used it (after posting). Have seen nothing to suggest that mine will. I've already sent a secure message to try and find out what the deal is....waiting for a response.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 1:25 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
GoPuff owns BevMo! (Beverages & More). Chase and GoPuff should have anticipated that some transactions would be run on the BevMo! merchant account.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
GoPuff owns BevMo! (Beverages & More). Chase and GoPuff should have anticipated that some transactions would be run on the BevMo! merchant account.
Correct, and I’m hoping that is the case, but let’s see, I guess. I’m also guessing that don’t want to credit for alcohol purchases at BevMo physical locations either. Not knowing the details of back end processing, I’d also hope there’s a way to differentiate locations from physical store purchases vs. from GoPuff local fulfillment centers (I’m assuming it’s charging locally based on location, since the original authorization when I added my card to my profile came from ‘GoPuff’ when the actual purchase did not), but I’m not sure about that.

anyone else has a GoPuff purchase posting as ‘Beverages & More’ post the credit automatically? If not, can anyone let me know how quickly the credit posted after any GoPuff purchase?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:01 pm

Does this work for business Chase cards?

Also does it need to be min $10 per transaction or it can be sub-$10 transactions that total to $10 to get the credit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.