Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2021, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
INK Business Premier is marketed as a cash-back card, but language in the terms indicate that it earns Ultimate Rewards points. Even though the card earns UR points, they cannot be Transferred to airline or hotel partners, and cannot be Combined with another card to work around this restriction. $195 annual fee. 2% on all purchases, except 2.5% on purchases of $5,000+.

The card became available mid-December 2021 in Chase retail bank branches through a Business Relationship Manager (BRM). Not all branches have a BRM. It became available online in the 4th quarter of 2022.

Read more HERE.

Print Wikipost

Chase INK Business Premier

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2021, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by WestCoastPDX
Any idea what parts are right?

Even if it was 2x on everything (with say a $500k or $1M cap), and nothing else, I would be all over this for business spend.
2.5x on $5k+... would be unreal.
How would Chase make money?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
I’m not convinced they would make money on 2.5x UR uncapped on all purchases 5,000+, even with a very high effective annual fee
Old Nov 22, 2021, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WasKnown
I’m not convinced they would make money on 2.5x UR uncapped on all purchases 5,000+, even with a very high effective annual fee
I guess we'll find out in about a week. I think the rumored announcement will be on November 30.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 10:13 am

Any idea what parts are right?

Even if it was 2x on everything (with say a $500k or $1M cap), and nothing else, I would be all over this for business spend.
2.5x on $5k+... would be unreal.
If it is 2x UR point that could be used with CSR 1.5 pay yourself back, it is basically a 3x everything card that I would use for all my business and personal spend on non-cat spending.... This beats my BoA Premium reward's 2.62% cash back.
lsquare and cuthroat like this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 6:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by AAdmiral
...why they wouldn’t call the card Chase Ink Reserve to have the same nomenclature as the Chase Sapphire Reserve...
Agreed, but if there is a reason that Chase does not want to use Reserve, I still don't understand why they would use Premier when they already have INK Preferred. The names are too similar, and one does not sound obviously better than the other. Citi made this mistake, why would Chase repeat it?
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
Agreed, but if there is a reason that Chase does not want to use Reserve, I still don't understand why they would use Premier when they already have INK Preferred. The names are too similar, and one does not sound obviously better than the other. Citi made this mistake, why would Chase repeat it?
Chase just trademarked “Ink Business Premier” https://trademarkalertz.com/trademar...SINESS-PREMIER

Not that it means anything but worthwhile to note
mia, RNE and 355F1 like this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chase just trademarked “Ink Business Premier” https://trademarkalertz.com/trademar...SINESS-PREMIER

Not that it means anything but worthwhile to note
I saw that yesterday. I think it's all but a given Chase will launch a new card. Hopefully, it won't be as underwhelming as the Hyatt business card. I'm really praying that this is the business version of the CSR. A 5x airfare/dining multiplier would be incredible!
WasKnown likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 4:18 am
Original Poster

I saw that yesterday. I think it's all but a given Chase will launch a new card. Hopefully, it won't be as underwhelming as the Hyatt business card. I'm really praying that this is the business version of the CSR. A 5x airfare/dining multiplier would be incredible!
It is a premium business card but it’s not really comparable to the CSR beyond being positioned as a higher tier card. Looking forward to using this as a niche workhorse card though.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 4:41 am

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
No idea how they make money now. I max out two CIP cards at 3x limits, and convert those to CSR and redeem effectively around 4.5%.
I think they understand that businesses that rack up millions in points... Chase hasn't actually incurred an expense.

I spend hundreds of thousands of chase UR a month, but I earn more.
So... my balance grows. That means their buffer/threshold of where they are actually out of pocket, grows too.

If it keeps my company using 7x Chase credit cards.. and my personal checking accounts, and business banking accounts.
I have to imagine they've done the math, and even that spend patter is both desirable and still profitable for them.
lsquare and cuthroat like this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is a premium business card but it’s not really comparable to the CSR beyond being positioned as a higher tier card. Looking forward to using this as a niche workhorse card though.
No idea how they make money now. I max out two CIP cards at 3x limits, and convert those to CSR and redeem effectively around 4.5%.
I think they understand that businesses that rack up millions in points... Chase hasn't actually incurred an expense.

I spend hundreds of thousands of chase UR a month, but I earn more.
So... my balance grows. That means their buffer/threshold of where they are actually out of pocket, grows too.

If it keeps my company using 7x Chase credit cards.. and my personal checking accounts, and business banking accounts.
I have to imagine they've done the math, and even that spend patter is both desirable and still profitable for them.
One week feels like an eternity now. I can feel the hype. Just don't let me down, Chase!
Need and WasKnown like this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 7:07 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
We should have a betting pool on the SUB. My bet: 150,000 UR, $15,000, 3 months.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
We should have a betting pool on the SUB. My bet: 150,000 UR, $15,000, 3 months.
My “best public offer” guess: 120K UR, $15K spend, 3 months
Old Nov 24, 2021, 2:25 pm

Wonder if I'm back on Chase's good side - especially for biz cards - and will get approved for this

They have to match the AMEX Biz Platinum card SUB, right?
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
It would make sense if Chase launched this along with some competitor to BofA's Business Advantage. I would move six figures of small business checking balances instantly if I got 2x UR on all CC spend and 2.5x on $5k+ purchases. They would eat all other banks' lunch.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:22 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by mia
I’m betting this is a $199 card replacing the $95 Preferred card with modest improvements to rewards and significant improvements to credit features.

Chase is looking to make a $199 market — Southwest, Hyatt, United all have entered $199 cards. Chase has shown they can’t really raise AFs as effectively as AMEX. So they’re going to make new products.
mia, RNE, lsquare and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.