Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can chase take my UR for This? Unique situation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can chase take my UR for This? Unique situation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2021, 12:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by THE_ACER_
Exactly. Logic being that I'd rather fight for my money while its in my hand, not theirs.

Any suggestions on how to move that many points?
Sureky if your account is closed, the points are history ?
Old Aug 19, 2021, 6:24 am

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN4
Sureky if your account is closed, the points are history ?
Chase bank account closed, not credit card act.

Originally Posted by THE_ACER_
Any good ideas on where to move that much UR?
I would use Pay Yourself Back if I had more time but I would consider this urgent so I would move all the points to Hyatt. I have gotten very good value from my Hyatt points redeeming around 500K per year.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 7:49 am

This. You bank accounts and your credit card are separate. Many people have Chase Sapphire Reserve Cards and no Chase Bank Account.
I don't have any comment on the other situation since it sounds extremely unusual.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 8:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pt flyer
This. You bank accounts and your credit card are separate. Many people have Chase Sapphire Reserve Cards and no Chase Bank Account.
Your comparing Apples to Carrots. Its 1 thing if a person closes their account or applys only for a CC and not a bank acct. Its something else when Chase (or any bank) decides they dont want you for a customer any longer. When its the bank thats doing the divorce usually that means both accts and CCs.

thus far it was the OP who was divorcing themselves from the Bank once Chase doesnt get their $$$ back it will be the Bank doing the divorce and even if the OP closes all his different accts with Chase , Chase can still ruin your credit for decades to come. Now could be it wont be a problem if you leave The US and never come back, otherwise its curtains
Need and EdofFX like this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 8:22 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
I’m confused about why they wouldn’t take the deposit at the teller and told you to go to the ATM.

Can you elaborate on that part?
I'm wondering about this, too. I have never had a teller turn down a deposit. Also, was the deposit in cash or a check?
Need likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 9:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I'm wondering about this, too. I have never had a teller turn down a deposit. Also, was the deposit in cash or a check?
I have to an extent, when the line for the teller is very long (usually due to their being only 1 or 2 max tellers) the Mgr will come over and ask each person what they need done and if its a small withdrawl or a deposit mention the ATM and be willing to go with you to show how to do it. I would imagine if a person said a large amount to deposit in ca$h they would be told to remain on the line, while a large check deposit would be told about the ATM. But not by a teller, Ive never had or heard a teller telling me or anyone to use the ATM instead
HPN-HRL likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
The OP specified cash.

I wonder if this had something to do with regional Covid policies.

A while back, I was surprised I needed an appointment at my credit union to see a teller and get a bank check (not the case anymore here).
Old Aug 19, 2021, 9:43 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by wanaflyforless
The OP specified cash.

I wonder if this had something to do with regional Covid policies.

A while back, I was surprised I needed an appointment at my credit union to see a teller and get a bank check (not the case anymore here).
I was just confirming, since it seemed like such an odd number. I wonder if they had security cameras that could help?
Old Aug 19, 2021, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
I’m confused about why they wouldn’t take the deposit at the teller and told you to go to the ATM.

Can you elaborate on that part?
I can confirm that Chase branches with those new style ATMs will absolutely point you towards them for cash deposits.
wanaflyforless likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond , Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond Elite
I never use teller services , only ATM for depositing cash. Over the years , I have had 4-5 occasions when the ATM “ate” my money , but never had problems with the bank ( BoA). I can confirm that when that happens and you go inside , you are being told that they have nothing to help you with and one has to call the customers service and register the complaint.
wanaflyforless likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Shouldn't the ATM (a) have a record of all transactions (even though that error'd out) and (b) have video of you depositing said money in the account?

Your actions make you seem shady -- I think a small claims lawyer would've been able to assist you in getting both of those records from Chase and/or the 3rd party and if those records don't exist, Chase probably would've reversed their decision.

Considering they made the decision against you, I have to assume they tracked down those records themselves and determined that they painted a picture that was favorable to them
Old Aug 19, 2021, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Duke787
Shouldn't the ATM (a) have a record of all transactions (even though that error'd out) and (b) have video of you depositing said money in the account?

Your actions make you seem shady -- I think a small claims lawyer would've been able to assist you in getting both of those records from Chase and/or the 3rd party and if those records don't exist, Chase probably would've reversed their decision.

Considering they made the decision against you, I have to assume they tracked down those records themselves and determined that they painted a picture that was favorable to them
I agree, simply since if Chase runs as Citi does then what happens is 1 team removes the funds from the ATM w/o counting it and not knowing how much should be there , another team counts it and inputs the amounts and a 3rd team checks to make sure the amount thats there equals that exact amount and if it doesnt records the shortage or overage. Net result is no way for any 1 team to walk away with any overage. I cant imagine that Chase doesnt operate in the same way

Is it possible that an ATM takes the money doesnt add it to an acct and doesnt have an overage, I doubt it but maybe. But as long as the ATM #s workout or arent over anywhere what a person says they lost in it, no bank is gonna side with the customer and now its the customer who must prove they are telling the truth, how I have no idea. But as another poster said up thread, I wouldnt be making any choices of what to do if I was the OP w/o having spoken to a lawyer to know what may happen should I do as the OP is suggesting

I doubt an ATM has video of every transaction and if it does all it may show is Im depositing ca$h but it wouldnt know the amount. As I said above I can put my card in click a ca$h deposit and how much and then do nothing, also I can have a stack of bills with a $100 on top and bottom and $1s in between and say check the video and you see that I deposit a stack of $100s

Again in no way am I saying the OP isnt telling the truth or is up to something, only that now that Chase says the ATMs audit didnt show a $4570 overage, its up to the OP to prove that they are telling the truth
mia likes this.

Last edited by craz; Aug 19, 2021 at 12:14 pm
Old Aug 19, 2021, 12:05 pm

I have a hard time to believe there’s no trace of your money in the ATM. I’d call cops and file a report to get everything on record if this happens.

If this really happened to you, I feel really sorry.

But if you are hypothetically asking people on the internet if this would work in the future, and one more people agreed with you this would work, then it might be conspiracy to commit felony.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mahogany
I have a hard time to believe there’s no trace of your money in the ATM. I’d call cops and file a report to get everything on record if this happens.

If this really happened to you, I feel really sorry.

But if you are hypothetically asking people on the internet if this would work in the future, and one more people agreed with you this would work, then it might be conspiracy to commit felony.

After looking at the 1st post again came to this as well. The OP joins FT has 5 posts all on this thread all done today. Seems like they were trying to see if they pull it off and get away with it, rather then having happened
Old Aug 19, 2021, 12:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator caution

Please write about Chase products, policies and practices, not about other posters. If you don't believe the story, write about the story and do not speculate about the poster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.