Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: Chase Sapphire PREFERRED rewards refresh, 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2021, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
CAUTION: Chase has replaced the document linked in post 1 with an older version, suggesting that it was published prematurely. The final document could be different.
Print Wikipost

Confirmed: Chase Sapphire PREFERRED rewards refresh, 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2022, 10:52 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by daves1243fly
Do the additional points post at some later time, or do I need to follow up?
Welcome to Flyertalk. Try reading post 174 of this thread.

Last edited by mia; Jan 1, 2022 at 12:47 pm
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:07 pm

Thanks for the pointer. I don't see a link as described in 174. I did find a section on the Ultimate Rewards site where it appears bonus points should be, but nothing listed there. The trip was booked a couple weeks ago, and all of the 2x points are pending. My question is about the timing of when the bonus points are expected to appear.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:57 pm
mia

Originally Posted by daves1243fly
I don't see a link as described in 174..
  1. Use a computer, not a phone.
  2. Go to this URL: ultimaterewardspoints.chase.com/rewards-activity
  3. Scroll down to: Your most recent activity
  4. Immediately below is a horizontal menu: Your transactions | Bonus on Ultimate Rewards travel | Bonus on shopping and promotions | Pay Yourself Back
  5. Click the second choice: Bonus on Ultimate Rewards travel
Old Feb 5, 2022, 8:46 am

Sapphire Preferred: not getting 5x on UR bookings

So, I made a first booking (flight) through the Ultimate Rewards site. The amount just posted to my card and, rather than 5 points per $, it is posted as a regular travel at 2. Any advice here? What happened and how can it be fixed?
Old Feb 5, 2022, 10:44 am
mia

Originally Posted by tr3k
.... Any advice ....
The bonus points post separately. Scroll back to post 174 and read forward.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by mia
The bonus points post separately. Scroll back to post 174 and read forward.
I see. Will wait for the statement then.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 9:28 pm

On my benefit page, it says I will start getting 50 hotel credit after April 4th. Right now, If I book a future stay on April 8th, obviously the card won’t be charged until April 8th. Is it safe to say that I can get the credit? Or I have to book after April 4th.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
I opened my card in Feb 2021. I just got my 10% anniversary bonus, and it was far fewer points than expected. Did they not start counting points until they actually introduced this benefit - in other words, it wasn't retroactive to my entire year, but only applied to the portion of my cardmember year after they introduced the benefit?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by JJ804
I opened my card in Feb 2021. I just got my 10% anniversary bonus, and it was far fewer points than expected. Did they not start counting points until they actually introduced this benefit - in other words, it wasn't retroactive to my entire year, but only applied to the portion of my cardmember year after they introduced the benefit?
From page 2 of the PDF linked in the first post of this thread:

If your account open date is before August 15, 2021, bonus points will be awarded based on your total spend in points from purchases made with your card that post starting on August 15, 2021 through the end of your account anniversary year, and then each 12 months after that.
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL, WN, B6, Marriot, IHG
Originally Posted by RNE
My un-authoritative advice is to get it at 80k. Don't do so at 60k. Don't hold out for $100k. Good luck.
Originally Posted by tovo
Thanks.
I qualify for Sapphire bonus now. I really want to get the Preferred but it is only at 60k bonus points. Does anyone know how often Chase puts a 100k bonus on the Preferred card? Once a year or once every 4 years?
I get a 100K CSP offer almost every month. And if it's not 100K, it's 80K.
Old May 3, 2022, 8:08 am
RNE

Originally Posted by RNE
My un-authoritative advice is to get it at 80k. Don't do so at 60k. Don't hold out for $100k. Good luck.
Originally Posted by Boogywoogy
I get a 100K CSP offer almost every month. And if it's not 100K, it's 80K.
Personally, I think RNE is correct.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by RNE
Personally, I think RNE is correct.
Not sure why it’s (Preferred SUB of 60/80/100 in November 2021) being discussed again after 5 months but FWIW publicly available Preferred SUB is now 80K.

If it hasn’t already been done, agree with doing it NOW at 80K. If it goes up within the following 90 days, there’s good chance of a bonus bump. If not or if it goes down, you’ll have already earned the SUB and not extended your personal 48 month interval any later.

It’s all about the SUB(s) … and preparing for (and not imprudently delaying) the next SUB. Churning has a different connotation these days but it’s still alive and well.
Old May 14, 2022, 8:44 pm

Can I book for my SO and receive the credit?
Old May 17, 2022, 4:46 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by bobcat745
Can I book for my SO and receive the credit?
You're going to have to be a bit more specific. Book what, and receive credit for what?
Old May 17, 2022, 10:30 pm

Downgrading CSR and applying for CSP

Hi FT experts,

I have had the CSR for 48+ mo and want to apply for the CSP to get the 80k bonus. I'm currently 3/24. I plan to downgrade my CSR to the Freedom Unlimited.

After I downgrade, how long do I have to wait before applying for the CSP?

I'm also considering applying for a second Chase Ink Cash with an EIN. How long should I wait after applying for a Business card with EIN before applying for a personal card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.