Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: Chase Sapphire RESERVE rewards refresh, 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2021, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Need
NEW Chase Sapphire Reserve Benefits (starting August 16):
  • 10x total points on Chase Dining purchases through Ultimate Rewards
  • 10x total points on hotel stays and car rentals purchased through Ultimate Rewards
  • 5x total points on air travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards
  • In addition to earning points, later this year Reserve cardmembers will have access to “Reserved by Sapphire,” featuring exclusive opportunities to book reservations at some of the most sought-after restaurants across the country including Canlis in Seattle, WA, Redbird in Los Angeles, CA, SingleThread Farms in Healdsburg, CA, Reverence in New York, NY and One Off Hospitality in Chicago.
  • New Sapphire Reserve cardmembers can currently earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening, worth $900 when redeemed for travel in Ultimate Rewards
Print Wikipost

Confirmed: Chase Sapphire RESERVE rewards refresh, 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2021, 3:37 pm

Also as one data point:

I called chase to ask them when I received my Reserve bonus (to confirm I’m eligible for current preferred bonus). The lady automatically gave me a $250 statement credit on my reserve.

I only said I was considering it - I was not pushy or anything, honestly just asking for the date. So that worked Out well.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 8:02 pm

Programs: AS 75K
This "refresh" seems pretty worthless so far. Looking for some dinner so I search around me - Two participating restaurants in the entire state of Hawaii (needless to say, there is some tourism and a few restaurants here). Both are on Oahu and I'm on Maui. Next, I look to get a rental car in Las Vegas for an upcoming convention - $440/week (10% back so $394). Going straight to Alamo site it's $290.

At what point is Chase considered to be advertising falsely with the way they've played up these new, "benefits?"
Old Sep 26, 2021, 9:06 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
Originally Posted by bourbonbum
Update for anyone with the same question, under the "Rewards Activity" section on the UR site, there is a tab for "Bonus on Ultimate Rewards Travel" where recent transactions are shown. About 72 hours after booking, the purchase showed up here with the extra 2x points.
Very helpful. I booked some hotels on Friday and was wondering how they would post.

If it works as described, 10x on hotels and rental cars is... it's very significant earnings on business trips. (especially if booking non-chain, which I almost always do)
5x on airfare... I agree with another poster here... I'll take the 3x and book direct. IRROPS/Schedule changes.. just not worth dealing with Chase/Expedia/OTA for an extra 2x.
Statman, blueman2 and N104UA like this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 8:19 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by WestCoastPDX
I'll take the 3x and book direct. IRROPS/Schedule changes.. just not worth dealing with Chase/Expedia/OTA for an extra 2x.
Or just changes on your own, now that airlines have eliminated change fees I have heard of stories where Expedia wanted to charge them for it. I had a flight booked with UR points that dropped $80 per ticket so I wanted to bank those funds, Chase was saying I can't so it (even though UA let's me). Eventually was able to just cancel the Chase ticket which created a FFC on UA, then I had to call in to UA to rebook the flight. Something that would have taken 3 min online took a few hours of hold times between the number of calls, I agree the extra 2x is not worth it.
Statman and cuthroat like this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
Here is how it's showing on my account.

The 3x posts normally in the normal transactions, and this tab shows an additions 2x (airfare) or 7x (hotel/car).

10x UR on hotels is... delightful.
Even 5x on air... I could be swayed to book more...
Old Nov 28, 2021, 4:07 am
a7m

Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.
5 or 3 Points on UR Bookings with CS?

I bought an air ticket through Ultimate Rewards with CS. I thought I was supposed to get 5 points for each $. Instead, the purchase appeared as Delta and I got 3 points / each $. What an in supposed to earn, 3 or 5?
Old Nov 28, 2021, 4:52 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The additional 2 points/dollar for booking through the portal will post separately. Scroll back to see how it works.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 12:32 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by richarddd
With a $300 travel credit the net cost of the card is $250. It's $195 after the $60 doordash credit, if that's continuing (currently schedule to expire at year end).
If I have an anniversary date of Dec, have already spent next year's $300 travel credit, Doordash $60/yr ends, do not value any of the new OTA junk ($50 hotel and whatnot), AF may finally after 2 years of delays go up to $550 from $450, is it time to downgrade to the no-fee Sapphire if I already hold a Ritz-Carlton card?
Old Dec 17, 2021, 6:15 am
mia

Originally Posted by msp3
.... time to downgrade to the no-fee Sapphire
Holding the free Sapphire card will make you ineligible to obtain a Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve. Better to downgrade to a Freedom card, even if you already have one..
msp3 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by DoctorORD
and how does 10x dining portal work? say I make a reservation on chase dining "powered by tock", with a $50 table deposit. do I only get the 10x on the $50, or would I get 10x based on the final check amount after dining?
Originally Posted by 355F1
It seems that you only get the points on prepaid reservations
I did get 10x on the prepaid component (deposit) for a reservation made on the portal. I’m also assuming that the remaining balance to be paid at the restaurant will not earn 10x, although I wouldn’t be disappointed to hear of any reports to the contrary prior to my upcoming reservation.
Old May 5, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
CSR Authorized User Benefits

I have the Reserve and my wife has the Preferred. I'm considering canceling her CSP and adding her as an authorized user on my CSR. She already received the CSP signup bonus. The CSP card has a $95 annual fee while the authorized user fee on the CSR is only $75. She already received the Global Entry benefit. The main reason I started thinking about this is because she is going on a trip without me and renting a car. I want her to have the primary insurance that the CSR offers and CSP doesn't.

Does she need to cancel her CSP first or does it not matter?
Anything I'm missing or reasons why we shouldn't make this change?
Old May 5, 2022, 8:52 am
mia

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
.... I want her to have the primary insurance that the CSR offers and CSP doesn't.
Sapphire Preferred includes primary CDW. Where do you see otherwise?

Discussion here, with link to documents in Wikipost: Chase Auto Rental CDW; questions & experiences [Consolidated]

I any event, you can add your spouse as an AU to Sapphire Reserve without closing the Preferred account.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Sapphire Preferred includes primary CDW. Where do you see otherwise?
Must have been a dream.
Thanks.
Old May 28, 2022, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Does the Chase Dining portal limit Tock results to US only locations?

Trying to search a few locations overseas and getting no results found going through Chase. If I go directly to Tock website and search same date/time, I get many restaurants to appear.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 3:14 am

Hello. I am still very confused about the 10x hotel booking through portal.

Let's say I want to book an independent hotel in Europe, I did not make any prepayment as there is no option available when I make the booking, but I will pay with chase reserved card at the hotel itself, am I still can enjoy the 10x benefit?

Hope someone can share me more bout this info! Thank you in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.