Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase notice to cancel unused Ink Unlimited card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2021, 12:01 pm
exp
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS

So yeah I got the bonus and haven't used it in awhile, probably about a year.

They are giving my 14 days to use it or lose it. Or I could give them a secure message asking them not to cancel.

I have the Ink Cash, which gives me 5X categories on cable and cell phone so I use that regularly. Also have CSP and Freedom cards for other UR points.

So I really don't need it.

However, is it a bad idea to lose the credit limit on the card? Will that lower my score?

I could ask Chase to transfer it to one of my other cards but they don't seem to transfer credit from business to personal cards, which is where I'm more likely to rack up high charges -- likely but generally don't since I pay off every month.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 5:59 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by exp
So yeah I got the bonus and haven't used it in awhile, probably about a year.

They are giving my 14 days to use it or lose it. Or I could give them a secure message asking them not to cancel.

I have the Ink Cash, which gives me 5X categories on cable and cell phone so I use that regularly. Also have CSP and Freedom cards for other UR points.

So I really don't need it.

However, is it a bad idea to lose the credit limit on the card? Will that lower my score?

I could ask Chase to transfer it to one of my other cards but they don't seem to transfer credit from business to personal cards, which is where I'm more likely to rack up high charges -- likely but generally don't since I pay off every month.
Closing cards can have negative consequences for your credit report.

I would just call them and ask to keep it open, then go out and put a charge on it. You're done for at least 6 months.

However, I can attest to the following: If they have already decided to close your account, there is little you can do to stop them. Chase credit cards is an entity unto themselves and nothing I said or did altered their axing of my Chase Sapphire card.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 6:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by exp
INK Unlimited is a business card. Closing it will have no effect on your personal credit report or score. However, if you plan to apply for future Chase business cards you may wish to consider how it will look if you applied for an INK card that you used only to earn a bonus.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since Ink Unlimited has no AF, why dont you just use it once now to keep it open for another several months or another year then you close it. This is to keep you at the good side of the bank as mia has hinted. how your profile would be viewed by Chase system if you close the card now.
Statman, RNE and sdsearch like this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 7:33 am

Programs: Southwest A List Preferred, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, American Airlines Gold
Go to 7-11 and buy a Big Gulp for 89 cents.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 9:30 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
And before you or Chase closes the card you can transfer the bulk of the credit line to your Ink Cash card, leaving $500 to $1000 on the Ink Unlimited.

You should probably do this transfer.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 11:56 am
exp
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Well I did charge something on Amazon the other day.

So hopefully this gets them off my back.
sdsearch likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.