Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase INK Business Preferred (100k for $8k in 90 days)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2021, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

What's the best current offer for the Chase INK Preferred?
  • 100,000 Bonus Points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
Landing Page for all INK Cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) - First year's annual fee is not waived and ymmv.

Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?

The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis - Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred2

4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

Print Wikipost

Chase INK Business Preferred (100k for $8k in 90 days)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:31 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by kayexalate
Will being an AU on P2's biz account allow me to transfer her UR points to MY airline Frequent Flier accounts? .
The requirements to Transfer from a Business account are slightly different than from personal accounts. Please start by reading the Wikipost at the top of this thread:

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by RNE
Not a problem at all.
I didn't mean to imply that it was.

I was asking about paying ANY card every 5 days, which seems sufficiently far enough off the bell shaped curve as to engender (unwanted) attention to one's account(s). Other than (compulsive) churning , I try not to do anything significantly outside the norm which might bring special attention to my account(s).
Old Nov 29, 2022, 2:52 pm

Does Chase Ink cash provide instant number? Do they expedite the shipping?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by dealhunter999
Does Chase Ink cash provide instant number? Do they expedite the shipping?
No instant number, but might have the ability to add to digital wallets in the app. A rep told me that but I’ve never seen the option.

Yes. You can ask them to expedite the card once the original card has been shipped.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 8:15 pm

Apologies, but not too much info out there about the older Ink+ card...

1. Is it possible to hold both the grandfathered Ink Plus and Ink Business Preferred or will the older Ink+ be cancelled out?

2. Does having an Ink Plus card increase one's chances of being accepted for the Business Preferred?

Thanks!
Old Dec 11, 2022, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by wooly
Apologies, but not too much info out there about the older Ink+ card...

1. Is it possible to hold both the grandfathered Ink Plus and Ink Business Preferred or will the older Ink+ be cancelled out?

2. Does having an Ink Plus card increase one's chances of being accepted for the Business Preferred?

Thanks!
1. Yes. Can also have multiple Ink Preferred.

2. No idea but I think the conventional wisdom is having one business card with Chase makes it easier to be automatically approved for subsequent Chase business cards (as long as sufficient CL available).
Old Apr 19, 2023, 2:31 pm

Just to add a data point, I applied for the Ink Preferred back in Jan '23 while still holding an older Ink Plus and still have both cards active.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 11:29 pm

Chase Ink Preferred (CIP) now with 8K spending requirement

I just stumbled upon the fact that the Chase Ink Preferred is now offering a 100k sign-up bonus, with the spending requirement reduced to $8,000 within three months, which is a substantial drop from the previous $15k.
If you don't have a need for the spending categories offered by this card, you can obtain the sign-up bonus and then downgrade to the no annual fee Ink Cash or Ink Unlimited in the second year.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:24 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by xinux
... downgrade to the no annual fee Ink Cash or Ink Unlimited in the second year.
Or cancel and re-apply, there are many reports that Chase does NOT enforce the 24 month SUB limitation for Ink cards.
Thunderroad and xinux like this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question

I'm thinking of applying for the Business Preferred card. I've had the old Business Plus card for many years, and the Business Unlimited and Business Cash cards for several years. I'm a sole proprietor with a +800 credit rating. I also have the Hyatt and IHG Business careds, the Hyatt and IHG personal, and the Chase Sapphire Preferred. Last Chase card I obtained was about a year ago. I've been spending various amounts on all of my cards on a somewhat regular basis.

Any sense of what my chances of approval for the Business Preferred card are and what if anything I can do to improve them?

Thanks for any advice.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
... applying for the Business Preferred card. ... my chances of approval ... and what if anything I can do to improve them? ...
Be below 5/24 across all issuers. "Consolidation" vs "reduce" is debatable insofar as final approval chances are concerned; reduce probably increases chances for instant approval, consolidate (with requisite recon call) might increase overall chances of approval. (I’m far from an expert, but based on your description and presuming no red flags, I’ll opine your chances as good to excellent.)
Thunderroad and MDtR-Chicago like this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks very much for the quick and useful reply, including the reminder about trying reconsideration if necessary.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Be below 5/24 across all issuers....
Dan's Deals is reporting that Chase is approving applications above 5/24
ctownflyer likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 7:00 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Schnit
Dan's Deals is reporting that Chase is approving applications above 5/24
Please post a link so that we can read the context.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by mia
Please post a link so that we can read the context.
Here you go:

https://www.dansdeals.com/credit-car...ion-approvals/
mia, ctownflyer and Dr Jabadski like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.