Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase INK Business Preferred (100k for $8k in 90 days)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2021, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

What's the best current offer for the Chase INK Preferred?
  • 100,000 Bonus Points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
Landing Page for all INK Cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) - First year's annual fee is not waived and ymmv.

Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?

The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis - Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred2

4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

Print Wikipost

Chase INK Business Preferred (100k for $8k in 90 days)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:22 am
RNE

Originally Posted by kayexalate
Myself (P1) opened this card (for the 2nd time–first time was a couple years ago and I product changed to no fee ink card). my AF is due in a month.
Is P2 aware that your affair is due in a month?
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by RNE
Is P2 aware that your affair is due in a month?
Yep. And your P2 didn’t seem to mind when I saw her last night.
RNE likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Myself (P1) opened this card (for the 2nd time–first time was a couple years ago and I product changed to no fee ink card). my AF is due in a month. P2 opened this card earlier this year (also her 2nd one–first time also a couple years ago and product changed). we’re sitting on a good stash of UR points (some in mine, some in hers with ability to move back and forth). Is it worth it for me to renew my card and pay the AF? I have no other premier cards in order to redeem my UR as miles if I downgrade this card. Of course I can just move my points to P2 account and have her redeem my UR putting it into her mileage accounts or I can open myself an AU account under her current Ink so I can redeem UR points under my mileage accounts. She will be in the same situation next Jan 2023 when her AF is due. obviously we’ll need to keep one premiere account open to redeem miles somehow.

BTW, what do you do when you churn these cards and keep downgrading to the NF Ink cards? I already have several “duplicate” Ink NF Business cards that are redundant. just keep them open? Keep one of each class of Ink card open and close the duplicates?

Just not sure if closing my account then opening an AU account under my wifes biz ink (which I presume doesn’t count toward 5/24 since it’s business) would set off some flags with chase as gaming the system. Not sure if it’s better to just take the $95 hit to keep the card open. I’m just finishing up doing my Chase Aeroplan and will likely need to renew that card next year with another $95 AF because I’m not sure I can use up those certs within the next year before the AF hits. Would like to limit the AF's on my cards, but finding it hard ot utilize my points as quickly as I accrue them
Somewhat similar situation regarding P2:
  • She has had this Business Preferred card for a number of years
  • A few months ago, got the Business Unlimited
  • She is under 5/24 and I want her to get the Business Cash at some point in the not too distant future.
  • All her UR points transfer over to my Business Preferred account, and from there to Hyatt
So her AF is coming due on the Business Preferred, and we see no real reason to keep it. What to do?
  1. Just cancel it?
  2. Downgrade it to:
    1. Business Cash? Makes no sense (I think) if she plans to apply for that in the next few months.
    2. Business Unlimited? But this would make the second Business Unlimited in less than 4 months (application + downgrade)
Chase has been pretty darned good to us -- it is a key prop in our Hyatt lifestyle. So I don't want to get foolish here, although I also don't want to pay a needless AF for a card that is already 5 (?) years old, and I would like to go back to the well for the Business Cash SUB.

All advice welcome! TIA.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:53 am
RNE

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
...I don't want to pay a needless AF for a card that is already 5 (?) years old, and I would like to go back to the well for the Business Cash SUB. All advice welcome! TIA.
My advice is to close the Preferred card now and reapply after 30 days. Apply for the Cash card 90 to 180 days later, and perhaps after lowering your business credit limit somewhat. Good luck.
Biggie Fries likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Just got approved for this card with a $5k limit. How can I reach the $15k required spend in 90 days? Do Chase business cards allow mid-month payments to make the credit available again?
Old Jun 20, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ehallison
Just got approved for this card with a $5k limit. How can I reach the $15k required spend in 90 days? Do Chase business cards allow mid-month payments to make the credit available again?
Yes. You can pay at any time. I have a United Business card, and generally pay it every 5 days or so.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by tstauck
Yes. You can pay at any time. I have a United Business card, and generally pay it every 5 days or so.
Good to know; thank you!
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:42 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by tstauck
Yes. You can pay at any time.
However, with a new card account there may be a delay before the payment is credited and the credit limit refreshed.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Not an expert and have not recently stayed at a Holiday Inn Express but is “pay it (credit card) every 5 days or so” (probably being well outside the norm) considered risky or attention getting behavior?

I’ve asked once or twice about paying personal cards in full once a month a day or 2 prior to statement date (so as to generate a zero balance statement mainly for credit bureau reporting) and Chase and AmEx representatives told me it’s not considered unusual behavior.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:01 am

Myself (P1) opened this card (for the 2nd time–first time was a couple years ago and I product changed to no fee ink card). my AF is due in a month. P2 opened this card earlier this year (also her 2nd one–first time also a couple years ago and product changed). we’re sitting on a good stash of UR points (some in mine, some in hers with ability to move back and forth). Is it worth it for me to renew my card and pay the AF? I have no other premier cards in order to redeem my UR as miles if I downgrade this card. Of course I can just move my points to P2 account and have her redeem my UR putting it into her mileage accounts or I can open myself an AU account under her current Ink so I can redeem UR points under my mileage accounts. She will be in the same situation next Jan 2023 when her AF is due. obviously we’ll need to keep one premiere account open to redeem miles somehow.

BTW, what do you do when you churn these cards and keep downgrading to the NF Ink cards? I already have several “duplicate” Ink NF Business cards that are redundant. just keep them open? Keep one of each class of Ink card open and close the duplicates?

Just not sure if closing my account then opening an AU account under my wifes biz ink (which I presume doesn’t count toward 5/24 since it’s business) would set off some flags with chase as gaming the system. Not sure if it’s better to just take the $95 hit to keep the card open. I’m just finishing up doing my Chase Aeroplan and will likely need to renew that card next year with another $95 AF because I’m not sure I can use up those certs within the next year before the AF hits. Would like to limit the AF's on my cards, but finding it hard ot utilize my points as quickly as I accrue them
My AF ($95) on my Ink Business Preferred just hit on 6/1. Called chase and asked for an AF waiver or retention offer and no dice. They said I can product chagne to the NF Business Ink cards, but I already have them both AND I need a premium chase card to allow my to transfer my UR points to airline miles (instead of cashing them out). I'm 50/50 on just paying the AF or closing the account and having and opening an AU user account under P2 (as she'll be in the same situation early next year when her AF hits).

Also does an AU account (for a business card) count toward 5/24 or show up on credit reports? I have some Chase cards lined up that I'm going to apply for in a couple months (still working on SUB for some other cards) and wanted to know if applying as an AU under my wife's Ink Business Preferred will impact my application because it's either a hard pull or counts toward 5/24.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:27 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....applying as an AU under my wife's Ink Business Preferred will impact my application because it's either a hard pull or counts toward 5/24.
On a Business card you would receive an "Employee" card rather than an "Authorized User" card. Employee cards are invisible. There is no inquiry because the issuer is not extending credit to you, and the card will not appear on your personal credit reports.
RNE likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by mia
On a Business card you would receive an "Employee" card rather than an "Authorized User" card. Employee cards are invisible. There is no inquiry because the issuer is not extending credit to you, and the card will not appear on your personal credit reports.
Thats good to know. I was always under the assumption that AU/Employee cards do count toward 5/24 but you can call the Chase reconsideration line to have them removed/marked as AU/Employee cards. I'd rather not deal with that hassle. May I ask if you have DP's to back up that Employee cards are "invisible?" I tried searching online, but could not find any information--they all just refer to AU cards, not employee cards
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:15 pm

Thats good to know. I was always under the assumption that AU/Employee cards do count toward 5/24 but you can call the Chase reconsideration line to have them removed/marked as AU/Employee cards. I'd rather not deal with that hassle. May I ask if you have DP's to back up that Employee cards are "invisible?" I tried searching online, but could not find any information--they all just refer to AU cards, not employee cards
I can assure you that I always get an AU card on my Chase biz accounts & it has never affected my DW’s ability to sign up for new cards, even though she is regularly on the 5/24 cusp.
kayexalate likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
I can assure you that I always get an AU card on my Chase biz accounts & it has never affected my DW’s ability to sign up for new cards, even though she is regularly on the 5/24 cusp.
That's a great DP.
Will being an AU on P2's biz account allow me to transfer her UR points to MY airline Frequent Flier accounts? That is the hang up. I have a good stash of UR points and if I cancel/product change my Ink Biz preferred, I have no other premium cards that allow transfer to airlines.

Of course I can transfer my points to P2 (since our accounts are linked) but then she can only transfer those points to HER Frequent Flier accounts.
Just want to make sure if P2 adds me as an AU under her business card account, I can link that account to MY frequent flier accounts with United, Southwest, etc.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:44 am
RNE

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
paying personal cards in full... a day or 2 prior to statement date (so as to generate a zero balance statement...)...
Not a problem at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.