Wiki Posts
Search

JPMC purchases cxLoyalty

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2020, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

JPMC purchases cxLoyalty

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/28/jpmo...on-travel.html

Speculate away, but changes seem to likely be in store for UR travel. Figure this is a longer term strategic focus for JPMC (encroach on Amex's travel dominance) meeting short term opportunity (cx cheap due to Covid) - will be interesting to see what consumer facing changes come from this.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 1:03 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
It will be interesting to see how long Citi, CapitalOne and other competing card issuers continue to use cxLoyalty.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

cxLoyalty also handles Mastercard's reward program as well.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by zs58
I would guess they are tired of paying Expedia's commissions as are most businesses. While trying to become more of a TA company themselves. The 5x points offer on CFF and CFU already started that marketing.
mtofell likes this.

Last edited by Super Mario; Dec 29, 2020 at 10:32 am
Old Dec 29, 2020, 12:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by zs58
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/28/jpmo...on-travel.html

Speculate away, but changes seem to likely be in store for UR travel. Figure this is a longer term strategic focus for JPMC (encroach on Amex's travel dominance) meeting short term opportunity (cx cheap due to Covid) - will be interesting to see what consumer facing changes come from this.
So they now have a better handle on the cost of portal redemptions, which should mean they can go ahead and update CSR and CSP, right? That seems overdue, but could turn out to be well-timed for a post-Covid marketing push in the spring.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 2:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Super Mario
I would guess they are tired of paying Expedia's commissions.....
I think this is only a small part of the decision. cxLoyalty typically fulfilled hotel redemptions through Expedia, and hotel is a category where agency margins are high. I think the timing of the transaction is easy to understand, because agency valuations will be low and further consolidation is likely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.