Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Dispute or purchase protection on IHG card? Or both?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2020, 5:41 am
Original Poster

I made several transactions with a travel agent and now he is changing the travel plan and even he might cancel...yeah he is unfortunately unprofessional and claims that if he is going to cancel then return will be for a long time.

So I am confused on what to do now. Dispute charges because the services I didn’t get or use purchase protection (those transactions were a month ago) or use both? If use both, how to file the purchase protection?
Old Nov 17, 2020, 5:48 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I will be surprised if Purchase Protection applies to ticket purchases. What does the benefits guide say?
Old Nov 17, 2020, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
I will be surprised if Purchase Protection applies to ticket purchases. What does the benefits guide say?
they are not tickets, they are part of safari tour
Old Nov 19, 2020, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Any recommendations guys?
Old Nov 20, 2020, 3:31 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Perhaps I have misunderstood, but I believe that purchase protection is designed for goods rather than services.

I have filed disputes in the past, and it was for a hotel in South Africa. There was communication initiated from Chase to me and the vendor, and eventually I was issued a refund from Chase. The hotel, at a later point, issued a refund, and Chase took the duplicate refund back. It was all pretty painless and I didn't do anything beyond the initial filing of the dispute. So, I'd say file a dispute.
Happy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.