Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

What is the delivery time for Apple products ordered through the UR portal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2020, 7:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I was looking at buying some apple items with the points from my reserve card. Any idea of how long shipping times are taking for phones watches and iPads?

Thiswouldbefor Apple itemspurchasedviatheChase Rewards site.

Last edited by ou81two; Nov 10, 2020 at 8:04 am
Old Nov 9, 2020, 8:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
I can't speak to right now but any time I've ordered from Apple, it's been at my house within 2-3 days.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 8:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Justtobeclear I'm talkingaboutorderingitviaChase Rewards and not Apple directly.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 10:01 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator clarification

There is a special offer if redeeming UR points for Apple merchandise: https://experiences.chase.com/apple-...ng.jsp#/store/

The terms include this information about shipping:

Items ship as they become available....Shipping is free on all orders. Delivery is estimated within 7 business days after shipping.
Any experience redeeming UR points for Apple merchandise, and how long it takes for items to become available through Chase's fulfillment contractor?
ou81two likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by mia
There is a special offer if redeeming UR points for Apple merchandise: https://experiences.chase.com/apple-...ng.jsp#/store/

The terms include this information about shipping:

Any experience redeeming UR points for Apple merchandise, and how long it takes for items to become available through Chase's fulfillment contractor?
I have ordered three items. They give a delivery estimate. Two items arrived within a week which was about the estimate. The item that says 4 to 6 weeks has not arrived. I ordered a week ago. I did notice that FedEx has received “shipment information” so perhaps it will arrive earlier. In my experience shipments have shipment information received have been picked up from the seller within a couple of days. Apple does send the orders . The orders had the heading AI and I have had orders direct from the Apple store shipped from the same location. The only issue there might be which I read on another forum is that if you need to return Apple won’t take returns of orders through Chase. You will have to deal with Chase and it might not work out.

It was a great offer. I saved a bunch using points. I believe today is the last day.

Last edited by Charles4515; Nov 16, 2020 at 3:03 pm
Old Nov 16, 2020, 11:09 am

Programs: Priority Club Pl, Marriot Gold, Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, TSA Pre✓
iPhone 12 deliveries apparently lower priority using UR

Originally Posted by Charles4515
I have ordered three items. They give a delivery estimate. Two items arrived within a week which was about the estimate. The item that says 4 to 6 weeks has not arrived. I ordered a week ago. I did notice that FedEx has received “shipment information” so perhaps it will arrive earlier.

It was a great offer. I saved a bunch using points. I believe today is the last day.
—————————————————

I ordered an iPhone 12 using UR 3 weeks ago. Ready to ship estimate was 4 to 6 weeks. Haven’t received any info about an earlier shipment yet. Right now if you order from Apple direct, they are delivering my model and color in 2 or 3 days. I ordered an Apple case using UR also. The case arrived in a week.

Last edited by davidlhanson; Nov 16, 2020 at 6:49 pm
Old Nov 20, 2020, 9:28 pm

I initially ordered the iPhone 12 Pro Max on 11/8 and it said it would ship in 4-6 weeks. I decided to cancel that order and instead bought $1200 of apple gift cards at Ralphs since Chase allows you to redeem your points for 1.5x via Pay Yourself Back for Groceries. You also get 3x bonus points up to $1000 per month for groceries until April 2021. This saved me 35% off market price on the iPhone Pro Max and is probably the best double dip I had with the CSR this year.
alvinroast and mhdena like this.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 9:34 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Unless a person only has a Freedom card there is no reason to go through the portal. As the above example shows. VGCs would allow buying at Costco as another example.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 3:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mhdena
Unless a person only has a Freedom card there is no reason to go through the portal. As the above example shows. VGCs would allow buying at Costco as another example.
To each their own: I'd always buy electronics with CSR (vs GCs) to get the extended warranty.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 3:33 pm
mia

Originally Posted by sleepy3192
I.... saved me 35% off market price....
Sorry, I don't follow the reasoning. UR points are worth $0.015 when redeemed in ways designated by Chase. You made an eligible redemption. This means that you redeemed the points at full value, but you didn't "save" anything.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
To each their own: I'd always buy electronics with CSR (vs GCs) to get the extended warranty.
good point. i haven't read the terms and conditions for the CSR extended warranty benefit, but my girlfriend has an iPhone 7 and it was out of warranty but the logic board failed for some reason. Apple decided to replace the phone for her instead with no charge and even gave her a temporary phone to use while they were investigating the issue.

Warranty covers hardware/software issues that from my experience tend to not happen frequently and if they do, Apple will cover it even if you are out of warranty which is quite surprising. So extended warranty can arguably not be needed. Instead I would focus more on having phone insurance to handle screen cracks or stolen/lost device which tend to happen more frequently than faulty hardware. Freedom Flex has phone insurance which is what I will be using in the event something happens to my phone that is not a hardware/software issue.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Sorry, I don't follow the reasoning. UR points are worth $0.015 when redeemed in ways designated by Chase. You made an eligible redemption. This means that you redeemed the points at full value, but you didn't "save" anything.
we can agree to disagree here. Fact is I either spend $1200 or $780 for a phone. Because I spent $780 for a phone irrespective of the value of the points, I consider that a savings of 35%. I know Chase by default gives you the 50% increase in value on points for the CSR but I consider that a benefit/saving within itself and I did save $. Whether I used it on Travel or a phone, it is still a perk/benefit that helps you save money. Even for travel, the UR portal prices and market price for a hotel is similar. So by going through Chase, you save $ which cannot be ignored otherwise you would be paying the market price.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 4:00 pm
mia

If I redeem 900 Pounds Sterling from my UK bank account to pay for a $1200 phone, how much have I saved?
Old Nov 21, 2020, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by mia
If I redeem 900 Pounds Sterling from my UK bank account to pay for a $1200 phone, how much have I saved?
That is not an apples to apples comparison. Lets not complicate things. If something is worth $1200 and you only spent $780. You save money. Period. If you still believe it is not the case, lets agree to disagree. I don't want to go off topic any further on this thread as that is not what this thread is about.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by sleepy3192
That is not an apples to apples comparison. Lets not complicate things. If something is worth $1200 and you only spent $780. You save money. Period. If you still believe it is not the case, lets agree to disagree. I don't want to go off topic any further on this thread as that is not what this thread is about.
It's not at all complicated. If you truly spent $780 for the phone, then you only needed to redeem 52,000 UR for the purchase. If that is the case, your logic is sound and you did indeed achieve some unexplained discount. If you redeemed 78,000 points, you spent ~$1200 worth of points for a ~$1200 phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.