Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Refreshed Chase (business card) website does not display total UR balance.

Old Oct 9, 20, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Northwest, United

So it seems Chase rolled out a new "enhanced" website design recently. It's horrible. One example: it seems there's no longer any place where one can see at a glance their total number of URs. The previous page design made that immediately visible once you had simply selected any UR-earning card (it appeared towards the bottom of the browser page). Now, I'm unable to find that figure (combined total of URs) anywhere, even on the UR website (which is a mess too, but that's nothing new). The old legacy design was highly efficient in many ways, the new one is much worse but I won't belabor the point (though their UI design team should be fired and then shot...).

Does anyone have a working link I can use to access the old Chase web page design?

Last edited by nwflyboy; Oct 18, 20 at 8:26 pm
Old Oct 9, 20, 3:38 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Bombay Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Are you using the business or personal card web interface? I use the business website and when I log in, my aggregate UR points are displayed on the right side of the page.
Old Oct 9, 20, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
agree with OP

I have a Business acct (a mix of personal & business cards) and the OP is correct. My UR balance does not show up anywhere on the main page. On the right I see:
Covid-19 Update;
Get the most out of your new account;
My Info; Chase Offers &
Help and Support.

On the left are the individual cards.

Nowhere is my UR balance.

They used to have an "Activity" tab at the top next to the "Accounts" tab and that would take you to a new page that showed your UR balance on the bottom left. No more.

Very poor "enhanced" website.

Last edited by philemer; Oct 9, 20 at 8:42 pm
Old Oct 9, 20, 8:35 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
The iPhone app has not been "up"graded in this way; UR points balance still shows at the bottom of the main screen.
Old Oct 9, 20, 9:33 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by philemer View Post
I
They used to have an "Activity" tab at the top next to the "Accounts" tab and that would take you to a new page that showed your UR balance on the bottom left. No more.
All three of our logins still have the Account activity tab.
Old Oct 9, 20, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by mia View Post
My experience is exactly as described by philemer. Spouse has the same with her login. We both have personal and business cards on the same login.

When migrating to a new web design, large companies often roll out the transition in batches. So it could easily be that the horrible UX that me and philemer are now getting will show up for others soon.

The lack of ability to see the total URs across multiple UR-earning cards is just one example of the suckyness.
Old Oct 10, 20, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy View Post
My experience is exactly as described by philemer. Spouse has the same with her login. We both have personal and business cards on the same login.

When migrating to a new web design, large companies often roll out the transition in batches. So it could easily be that the horrible UX that me and philemer are now getting will show up for others soon.

The lack of ability to see the total URs across multiple UR-earning cards is just one example of the suckyness.
Same problem here.
It is a really awful design.
And a "new" page kind of opens up every time I click something.
There is no useful "enhancement" from my view.
Old Oct 10, 20, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
New Chase website eliminates all of the previous aspects that allowed the tailoring of information meaningful to the card holder.
Why does Chase not want to engage their consumers when making or initiating these changes?
Old Oct 10, 20, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by dlflyer2 View Post
New Chase website eliminates all of the previous aspects that allowed the tailoring of information meaningful to the card holder.
Why does Chase not want to engage their consumers when making or initiating these changes?
How do you know they didnít engage with a subset of their customers for feedback (focus groups etc)? I donít recall specifically that Chase asked me, but I get constantly inundated by requests for feedback on website usability, interaction, and design. I always decline, though.

When I looked at the website, there is a Feedback feature. Perhaps if enough people send feedback through that mechanism and/or SM, the redesign gets reconsidered.

Old Oct 10, 20, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We have business / personal under one log in.

My home page shows not only the UR total but also my IHG total, on the right hand side of the screen.

My husband's home page does NOT show the above, and it behaves the same as nwflyboy, but not as bad as philemer's as his still has both the Account and Activity tab - but you have to be on the Activity tab to see the combined total of UR balance, versus on mine the balance is shown on the first page at the right hand side. Everything else on the right hand side his log in has the same, EXCEPT the UR balance box / loyalty program balance box.

UR site remains a mess that has not been fixed ever since the last updates late last year / early this year. I do not expect they would get fixed at all. The most annoying "enhancement" is, my husband's CSR could only see 3 months activities. Yes, only 3 months! In July we lost all the travel redemption / refund activities info that were done between Feb and Mar. Right now I am keeping screen shots each time we make a combined point or PYB activity just so we have a pieced together records.

Feedback is WORTHLESS because we have done Feedbacks at least a doz times on the lost history, as well as the previous "enhancement" on unable to nickname business credit cards (at least 2 years ago this known issue has not been fixed / touched by Chase IT).

As of now, my humble wish is for the site to Get Rid of the first screen that telling you features you can use to enhance your business card uages etc. This has been going on for at least 4 to 5 months - I would think who ever needs such new features would get the information by now. Yet such meaningless display continues.

Oh, one more humble wish is for it to improve the log in, especially with FireFox - so it does not take the death circle forever circulating with a solid blue background (it reminds me of the ancient Microst Window Blue Screen!) then if it finally is thru, a completely BLANK white screen for 2 to 3 seconds before the real thing pops up. Occasionally when the non-stop circle happened, Chrome could get thru. Lately even Chrome could not get thru in several occasions.
Old Oct 10, 20, 1:17 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz PC
Having the same problem on my combined business/personal log in. Before this recent change, the page showed all of my reward points totals in a box on the right side (Ultimate Rewards, Southwest, and Amazon). That is no longer there, and the only way to see point balances is to click on each individual card and look at that card's summary page.

When I log in to my personal-only account (doesn't show my business cards), the point summary box still shows on the right side of the page. So this appears to only affect business log-ins.
Old Oct 10, 20, 4:54 pm

Totally agree that this is the worst "upgrade" I've ever seen for a website. It's took 10 steps back on functionality and no steps forward. I can't find a single redeeming quality ...
Old Oct 11, 20, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (HT BD), Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Delta, BA, Alaska
FWIW, my experiences. Many years as a continuous Chase personal credit card holder with occasional Ink products. Few years ago wanted to combine an Ink account with 2 or 3 personal cards, was told it could only be done on the business profile. Did it. Few months later closed the Ink card, shortly thereafter Chase deleted the business profile (no other business cards) and the previously used personal profile would no longer show any of the personal cards which had been displayed on the business profile. Had to call Chase technical support to re-establish a personal profile with my cards associated with it.

A month ago got an Ink and an airline business card for the first time in a few years. Called Chase to ask about seeing personal cards and business cards on the same login profile, was told it could only be done on the business login. Declined to do so.

Just logged into both personal and business accounts. Both webpages display, on the right side, both UR and (appropriate) airline mileage balances, including "account closed" and "0" UR balance for recently closed Sapphire account.

Iíve not noticed a new website interface in the past few months.
Old Oct 13, 20, 6:12 pm
Suspended

I logged into Chase today via website from computer (personal card) and see no difference in the interface.

It must not have hit my account yet.
Old Oct 16, 20, 6:18 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by mia View Post

Overnight our accounts have changed to the new format, the Account activity tab is gone.

Originally Posted by Happy View Post
We have business / personal under one log in.
My home page shows not only the UR total but also my IHG total, on the right hand side of the screen.
Ms mia's homepage shows both UR total and Amazon Points. Clicking the UR total displays panels for her three UR cards: INK Preferred, Freedom, Unlimited.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: