Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Cards, 2019 to present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2020, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: friedablass
Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

Be mindful of the the 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new credit cards in 24 months can result in an application denial. For up-to-date information, please consult the wiki at Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020-present).

Marriott cards eligibility chart:

https://frequentmiler.com/marriott-card-eligible/

PERSONAL CARD
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa card
https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...nvoy/boundless

100K points for making $3,000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the card. $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. 6x at Marriott, 3x on grocery/gas/dining (up to $6K/year), 2x on travel and everything else.

BUSINESS CARDS
Business card now issued by AMEX. https://creditcard.americanexpress.c...nvoy-business/

Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Cards, 2019 to present

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2022, 12:04 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Mine posted today as well (9/14) : 10 days after MSR met. Maybe they doing batches now.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 5:54 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
You should get a Welcome email from Marriott in about a week afte your Chase card approval. A few days after that email, the 15 nights will show up in your account. Anything from Chase to Marriott seems to be a lot slower than from AMEX to Marriott.
Thanks. This worked out indeed as you said. The 15 nights have posted now, which help me big time to get to Platinum. As this is a no fee card, this is already sufficient for the sporadic Marriott stays.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by italdesign
MSR-meeting transaction charged on 9/2, posted 9/4, no 5 FNCs yet. Seems like it should have posted by now, per DPs that it posts within 5 days of MSR.

Just to make sure I didn't miss something, where exactly in "Marriott.com -> Overview" do the FNCs show up, and what exactly is the text?

FWIW, statement closed 9/5, and Chase SM confirmed the SUB of 5 FNCs.
italdesign Did your free nights ever post? How long did they take? We met the min. spend on 9/12 & still haven't seen ours. SM to Chase and they said it could take 6-8 weeks.

PS: Just saw your post from 9/15. Glad they posted finally.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

amex bevy is out today, hopefully there is a chase bountiful and it has better SUB
Old Oct 5, 2022, 12:57 pm

The janky Boundless offer for 5 FNCs is dead, replaced by a more typical 100K/$3K spend offer w/AF waived in year one. I’ve edited the wiki accordingly.
happychic likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 4:15 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Apologies, one more hopefully easy question re processing time -- how long does it take until the Marriott points post in your Marriott account following a monthly statement having been paid? I am waiting for the sign up bonus points as well, so I wanted to get a sense whether this is a generally just a matter of days following the regular "due date", or whether it should have happened already and for some reason I did not get them. Thank you
Old Oct 21, 2022, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by JFSV
Apologies, one more hopefully easy question re processing time -- how long does it take until the Marriott points post in your Marriott account following a monthly statement having been paid? I am waiting for the sign up bonus points as well, so I wanted to get a sense whether this is a generally just a matter of days following the regular "due date", or whether it should have happened already and for some reason I did not get them. Thank you
Both Chase and Amex I typically get the points the day after statement closes. Amex the SUB hits about 2 days after hitting spend, Chase it goes with the regular points. If your statement closed more than a few days ago and you did not get those points something sounds off.

Between P1 and P2 we have 5 Marriott cards and none have taken more than the above for points to post
Old Oct 21, 2022, 8:06 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
If you reached the bonus threshold in the last few days of the billing cycle the bonus points will post after the next statement is issued.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 4:06 pm

Points to Post?

On Chase statement, from around 10/1 or so pending points listed as around 42,000 for this statement ending on 10/20. Assumed it was from a referral bonus (40k) and other spend. Statement closed on 10/20 so thought it’d post then. Small print says after 10/20, so figured 10/21. Now pending points shows as 0… account has bo updated points but picture for earnings is posted as well…. Any experience on how long it takes for referral to hit?

I hardly ever use this card so points bonus was biggest contributor but hasn’t posted to account.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I’ve had the Marriott card since 2011 and previously upgraded it in 2017. Currently I have the Boundless card and received an offer to upgrade to the Bountiful which would yield 40K bonus points after one purchase. I’m LT Gold, so I’m not seeing any major reason to upgrade and pay the $250 AF (vs. my current $95). Any other thoughts on upgrading or not? The free night certificate with no minimum spend is certainly a nice perk which appears I would lose unless I spent $15K on the card.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lovefly88
On Chase statement, from around 10/1 or so pending points listed as around 42,000 for this statement ending on 10/20. Assumed it was from a referral bonus (40k) and other spend. Statement closed on 10/20 so thought it’d post then. Small print says after 10/20, so figured 10/21. Now pending points shows as 0… account has bo updated points but picture for earnings is posted as well…. Any experience on how long it takes for referral to hit? ......
Patience grasshopper. They'll post "soon".
Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Patience grasshopper. They'll post "soon".
This grasshopper needs to book a hotel… would calling either Chase or Marriott help speed up the process?
Old Oct 22, 2022, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This grasshopper needs to book a hotel… would calling either Chase or Marriott help speed up the process?
No.
Smiley90 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 3:55 pm

P2 referred me a few months ago. I just checked and referral posted day after statement... But terms say it could take up to 8 weeks so calling will just have them tell you that
Old Oct 26, 2022, 10:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
We have never had any of the Chase Marriott cards and decided to jump the gun today and sign up for the Boundless. Spouse has an Amex Brilliant and Biz from the SPG days, both of which were obviously opened and SUBs received well over 24 months ago. Brilliant was an upgrade from the personal that was done 3+ years ago, but the original card was SPG personal card, probably one of our first cards with Amex.

Spouse is at 2/24 which means there should be 3 available slots for opening new personal cards as per Chase's rule. Credit score, a tad below 800. However, I still received the dreaded "We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision by U.S. mail. This could take up to 30 days." message.

Will try calling reconsideration line in the a.m. but I'm a little lost as to why this may have occurred. Maybe we just need to move credit limit around? Just haven't had this when applying for a new card in a very long time. Knock wood, but we've had a nice streak of just getting an easy approval for all of our apps.

UPDATE: Called in the morning and they were not able to tell me anything other than that the app needs "administrative work" and I would be notified within 2 weeks of the decision. I asked if any of my credit line needs to be moved around and was told no. Seeing that there was nothing for me to do I hung up. A few hours later, I received an email notifying me of approval - checked in the app and I see the card there with a nice credit limit . Go figure. Was worried for nothing.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by friedablass; Oct 27, 2022 at 6:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.