Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Cards, 2019 to present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2020, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: friedablass
Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

Be mindful of the the 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new credit cards in 24 months can result in an application denial. For up-to-date information, please consult the wiki at Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020-present).

Marriott cards eligibility chart:

https://frequentmiler.com/marriott-card-eligible/

PERSONAL CARD
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa card
https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...nvoy/boundless

100K points for making $3,000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the card. $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. 6x at Marriott, 3x on grocery/gas/dining (up to $6K/year), 2x on travel and everything else.

BUSINESS CARDS
Business card now issued by AMEX. https://creditcard.americanexpress.c...nvoy-business/

Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Cards, 2019 to present

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Sadly, I was declined. Got a letter about too many credit card accounts opened recently. Is that the language for 5/24? I really didn't think that would be a problem, but I'd have to go back and check my credit report to be sure. It's probably that damn BoA Flying Blue card that I was approved for in May and they never sent, so I had to cancel it.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by hotturnip
Sadly, I was declined. Got a letter about too many credit card accounts opened recently. Is that the language for 5/24? I really didn't think that would be a problem, but I'd have to go back and check my credit report to be sure. It's probably that damn BoA Flying Blue card that I was approved for in May and they never sent, so I had to cancel it.
Even if you closed it, once opened it counts for 5/24
Old Jul 29, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Schnit
Even if you closed it, once opened it counts for 5/24

I know that. I was just remarking that that abortive effort might have been #5.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mia
Perhaps, but Marriott seems actively involved in their co-branded card business. It may be that Marriott prefers to use coupons, which bring cardholders to their properties, rather than points which can be redeemed for airline miles and various other rewards. Nearly all Marriott properties are franchises, and this would be one way to show the hotel operators a tangible benefit from Bonvoy.
Coupons expire and are limited in their use. 50k certs can only be used for 65k per night properties as opposed to 150k points for 2 75k/night stays.

Also, given the recent fiasco of Marriott expiring certs early and hosing everyone who wanted to use them (I'm canceling my card as a result of this), its a lot better for them to not give out points.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Antarius
Coupons expire and are limited in their use. 50k certs can only be used for 65k per night properties as opposed to 150k points for 2 75k/night stays.

Also, given the recent fiasco of Marriott expiring certs early and hosing everyone who wanted to use them (I'm canceling my card as a result of this), its a lot better for them to not give out points.
Exactly. Marriott likes these because it sounds like a lot of points, but breakage is most likely high.
Antarius likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Looks like new mid-level (?) Bonvoy cards are coming from Chase and Amex.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/leake...evy-bountiful/
Old Aug 14, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I kept the old Chase Marriott Premier card for some reason and avoiding the many upgrade offers. I think the only legitimate reason was for the 1 elite night per $3k spend because the higher AF was ok due to the higher annual night cert offered. I don't think this calculator has a reset date, but I haven't been seeing this credited (just the annual nights). Am I alone here on this issue? I did ask Chase to look into it.

Maybe I should have taken one of the upgrade offers, but I also think Chase could have forced the upgrade (still could). It seems Citi and Chase are skittish on doing that (I don't think Card Act disallows changes) while Capital One is the best as they will give you the new benefits but grandfather the AF rate. I think those early day Venture holders have done the best.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 12:49 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I moved some earlier speculation about new card(s) from the Ritz Carlton thread into this thread. Scroll back to post 164 and read forward. The speculation then was that Chase would issue a high end Marriott card, rather than a mid-priced product.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by rasheed

Maybe I should have taken one of the upgrade offers, but I also think Chase could have forced the upgrade (still could). It seems Citi and Chase are skittish on doing that (I don't think Card Act disallows changes) while Capital One is the best as they will give you the new benefits but grandfather the AF rate. I think those early day Venture holders have done the best.
Chase forced an upgrade for the Hyatt card to the World of Hyatt card. That’s the only such case I personally encountered. I kept my old UA Chase Select Visa for probably 10 years beyond the discontinuation date. I upgraded my original Marriott to the Boundless a couple years ago when they offered a decent bonus. I have resisted the relentless attempts to get me to upgrade my old IHG card since they haven’t offered any (meaningful) incentives.

Originally Posted by mia
I The speculation then was that Chase would issue a high end Marriott card, rather than a mid-priced product.
Maybe they will introduce new mid tier products and at the same time move the current top tier higher with additional benefits.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 2:53 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Maybe they will introduce new mid tier products and at the same time move the current top tier higher with additional benefits.
I think there might be some contractual restrictions on what Chase can offer with Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 10:16 am

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/leake...evy-bountiful/
I wonder what they will offer to make it worth it. If its a 50k certificate instead of 35k, and a higher status its a hard pass for me.

If they offer $100 in Marriott credit plus a 50k, than its totally worth the extra 150 above the $95 cards available now. I am guessing that Brilliant went away from the $300 credit because this new card is going to offer the credit.

I got the Brilliant card finally recently because of the double-dip benefit this year. Cannot imagine a situation where I would keep the card at $650, even with the rumored 85k certificate and Platinum status that the AMEX survey suggested it would have.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Schnit
I wonder what they will offer to make it worth it. If its a 50k certificate instead of 35k, and a higher status its a hard pass for me.

If they offer $100 in Marriott credit plus a 50k, than its totally worth the extra 150 above the $95 cards available now. I am guessing that Brilliant went away from the $300 credit because this new card is going to offer the credit.
I’d be interested in higher status that guarantees lounge access. But it is all academic for me at this time as I just got the Boundless card with five free nights bonus a month ago.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 1:45 pm

I’d be interested in higher status that guarantees lounge access. But it is all academic for me at this time as I just got the Boundless card with five free nights bonus a month ago.
I had a similar thought. Most people who this card will target, no matter what the benefits are, probably already has a Marriott card. I think they are shooting themselves if they include the same restrictions.

Unless they offer good upgrade offers to the AMEX Bonvoy or Chase Bold/Boundless cardholders.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 1:42 pm

I got the Boundless with 5 free night certs last month. I've met the spend. Where in my account would I find the certificates? I met the spend less than a week ago, so I'm probably just being impatient. But I can't say I'd know for sure where to look for the certificates in my account anyway. I assume they would show up in my recent account activity, or perhaps profile or promotions?

Anybody have any datapoints about how long these take to post?
Old Aug 26, 2022, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by bobert24

Anybody have any datapoints about how long these take to post?
Within 3 days after your stmt. closes, assuming you met the full spend by stmt. cut off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.