Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Cards, 2019 to present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2020, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: friedablass
Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

Be mindful of the the 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new credit cards in 24 months can result in an application denial. For up-to-date information, please consult the wiki at Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020-present).

Marriott cards eligibility chart:

https://frequentmiler.com/marriott-card-eligible/

PERSONAL CARD
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa card
https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...nvoy/boundless

100K points for making $3,000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the card. $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. 6x at Marriott, 3x on grocery/gas/dining (up to $6K/year), 2x on travel and everything else.

BUSINESS CARDS
Business card now issued by AMEX. https://creditcard.americanexpress.c...nvoy-business/

Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Cards, 2019 to present

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Schnit
Where did you see these rumors?
I know I saw some similar rumors on Credit Shifu's channel, about a possible Marriott card with a high annual fee, that would rival the Hilton Aspire and also include Platinum status.

However, yesterday, Sebby posted another video:

Watch the last 2 minutes:
5:58 and 7:32

5:58 CSR Marriott Bonvoy Gold 7:32 New Bonvoy Card??

This was the first time I heard about the Marriott Trademarks.....

Like I said, they are all rumors....However, I could definitely see Marriott doing something to rival the Hilton Aspire, especially since Marriott properties will do doubt keep raising their rates so that a 35K or 50K certificate (from the current credit cards) may not go very far.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
....rumors....
Not merely rumors, but unvarnished speculation based on trademark registrations and unpersuasive linguistic analysis. There is nothing to tie it to Chase.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by mia
Not merely rumors, but unvarnished speculation based on trademark registrations and unpersuasive linguistic analysis. There is nothing to tie it to Chase.
Would be intersting to get some additional data points on Ritz conversion success.

Since this is all speculation until then, it's conceivable that Amex's exclusivity on new high-end card issuance is sunsettng in the next 6-12 months and Chase is shutting down Ritz conversions while a new competing product is finalized. Could Amex's recent change away from a Marriott statement credit to a generalized dining credit also be an indication? Perhaps Marriott was no longer contractually obligated to subsidize the Amex credit and is refocusing on a new high-end Chase card...?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 2:31 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but didnt AMEX send out surveys 6 months or so ago about replacing the Brilliant card with a new card that has a higher annual fee, comes with an 85k certificate, and other higher end things

So if that speculation amounted to anything, my guess is it would be on AMEX, but obviously just a guess on some reckless speculation.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 2:50 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but didnt AMEX send out surveys 6 months or so ago about replacing the Brilliant card with a new card that has a higher annual fee, comes with an 85k certificate, and other higher end things
You're correct. This survey was also discussed on a couple Youtube channels, and part of what I was referring to when I mentioned "rumors."
Not trying to stir the pot or get anyone riled up, since it's all a guessing game.

More conversion data points could definitely help, but if Chase is actively stopping conversions, I would think it would be at Marriot's behest, OR', as NYC Flyer alluded to, it could be because Chase is planning something in the future.

Regardless, it's fun to speculate. I would be more interested if I thought Chase was going to release something, since I am currently maxed out (5 credit card products) with Amex.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Heads up to check your statements when they come in for the points earning with this card. Had a stay at a Moxy not be recognized as qualifying for 6X points.

And of course when I called in, the CSR didn't know anything about Marriott brands and had to "escalate", with an answer expected in 14 days.

Crap customer service from the card center.
Is anyone else having trouble with Marriott spend not being correctly identified?

Had a stay at a regular Marriott hotel once again only get 2x points instead of 6x.
First call said it would take 2 weeks to research and fix. Never happened.

Now on another call into Customer Service, transferred to "escalation" and a 40+ minute hold time...
Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Is anyone else having trouble with Marriott spend not being correctly identified?

Had a stay at a regular Marriott hotel once again only get 2x points instead of 6x.
First call said it would take 2 weeks to research and fix. Never happened.

Now on another call into Customer Service, transferred to "escalation" and a 40+ minute hold time...
I have only seen this issue when a hotel changes names/brands and it still bills as the old brand.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I have only seen this issue when a hotel changes names/brands and it still bills as the old brand.
First time was Moxy London Stratford. This one is the FS Marriott Cologne.

Maybe just a string of bad luck for me.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 5:02 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Originally Posted by philemer
This is normal for the Chase Marriott card. I've tried many times over the yrs to generate a "current" Marriott referral offer and the system defaults to a lesser offer. I've given up. Get used to it b/c I don't think it will ever change.
well perhaps, but I've definitely seen a referral that offers the 5 night sub, so...
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mildfrequence
well perhaps, but I've definitely seen a referral that offers the 5 night sub, so...
Was this a referral that you generated or did you see it someplace?

My wife recently got this card with the 5 FNA and the referral she generated today shows the same-old 3 night offer @ 35K.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
The 5 night certificate offer is over, and it looks like the current offer is 3 50k certs. Chase must have a ton of these things and the breakage rate must be pretty high.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 12:10 pm

Before the 5x 50k certificate offer, they seemed to have moved to 3x 50k instead of points, as their basic offer. Probably they can buy them from Marriott for less than 75,000 points, but can advertise it as 150,000 points.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
The 5 night certificate offer is over, and it looks like the current offer is 3 50k certs. Chase must have a ton of these things and the breakage rate must be pretty high.
Wow. Glad my DW applied, and was approved, a few days ago.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:21 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....Probably they can buy them from Marriott for less than 75,000 points, but can advertise it as 150,000 points.
Perhaps, but Marriott seems actively involved in their co-branded card business. It may be that Marriott prefers to use coupons, which bring cardholders to their properties, rather than points which can be redeemed for airline miles and various other rewards. Nearly all Marriott properties are franchises, and this would be one way to show the hotel operators a tangible benefit from Bonvoy.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by mia
Perhaps, but Marriott seems actively involved in their co-branded card business. It may be that Marriott prefers to use coupons, which bring cardholders to their properties, rather than points which can be redeemed for airline miles and various other rewards. Nearly all Marriott properties are franchises, and this would be one way to show the hotel operators a tangible benefit from Bonvoy.
Do you think many people would sign up for a Marriott card to get points they transfer to United or other airline? Seems like that would be rare.

It does definitely encourage short term stays, as opposed to points that people may stash. In addition, it might work out better for Marriott because if you typically stay at a 20,000 point property, the 75,000 point sign up, with minimum spend will get you 5 nights (4 nights with 5th night free). But 3 certificates are only 3 nights with points if you want to stay more. My guess would be that Marriott's payout on a 3 night stay at a more expensive hotel is still less than a 5 night stay at a cheaper place.

Obviously this is based on standard deal, but specials will have similar math

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.